Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sins Of Steel 10, good weather, good friends, good show!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aaron51chevy, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Had a great time at the SOS show, saw a bunch of friends and checked out some really cool cars. Swap meet was pretty good, the eye candy was way up this year, and the mini bike race and pedal car races were sweet. Looking forward to next year!

line up of the cars I cruised in with

[​IMG]

the kid and the car
    [​IMG]

my ol ride,
    [​IMG]

sweet mini bike,

[​IMG]

2. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

pedal cars lined up for racing,

[​IMG]

swap meet row,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

really liked this A
    [​IMG]

3. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

neat panel,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

very cool truck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

very cool!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

more,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

loved these two!
    [​IMG]

5. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

more,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cutest girl there,
    [​IMG]

the little couple, yeah Matt, we'll have to watch em.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I liked this a lot,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

yup more,

[​IMG]

I'm too sexy for this car,,,,,
    [​IMG]

pedal car race go go go!
    [​IMG]

very cool!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE this!

[​IMG]

neat show, not as big as last year but still a good size. I like having the swap meet in the back, the layout was good! Good job and thanks to the poor boys, Nightmares, Pecker heads, Road Devils, Boomer, and everyone else involved!

7. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Not as big as last year??? I'm pretty sure it was BIGGER than last year! We packed the cars in way tighter than they had been in the past, and still used more of the parking lot!

8. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

And... even if it wasn't bigger, it was certainly WAAAAYYYY better! Without a doubt, the BEST show ever held in Davisburg, and substantially better than any other "traditional" car shows in MI!

9. rodger6494

rodger6494

Those were cool pics!! I really liked the mini bikes,and pedal cars. thanks man!

10. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

had a good time at the show thanks to the road devils c.c. poor boys c.c. nightmares c.c. pecker heads c.c.

Attached Files:

11. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Car count was right around 400

20 mini bikes racing plus another 15-20 riden around

Had a blast got sun burned and high sided on my mini bike MY HIP HURTS:(

12. Thank You to all that came out today. Thankfully the weather cooperated and we got it all down before the annual rain we seem to get the first Saturday in June. I think I speak for all the Clubs involved in this show and really want to thank every single one of you that came out for the show with a car or to spectate. We are already talking about some changes for next year. The minibike race was a huge hit many of us including my self were looking on Craigs or hitting up anyone we knew with a minibike to have some fun. The Burnout contest went off as ususual and the tunnel rammed big block model a put on a good show. The bands were good. Man every year I come home and just go wow I got to wait a whole year to do this again!! Thanks Again to everyone. You guys are the reason we were able to keep the show alive and hope the improvements were enjoyed by all and just wait till next year!!!

13. Right on Aaron! Nice pics. It was my favorite show yet. Much thanks to the Pecker Heads, Poor Boys, Road Devils, and Nightmares, and of course everyone that drove their cars up to spend the day with us. The longest trip I heard of was a guy that drove from NY. Mini bike racing was a HUGE hit, and we all had a ball. I think that between all of us we picked craig's list clean in the last week. A week ago I only knew one guy with a mini bike. Now I can't count on two hands the number of guys that have 'em. Ha! Anyone see Chris from Road Devils doing laps wearing the Captain America helmet and a gorilla suit? Effing priceless. Graveside Manner and Rocket Rays were great, the burnout contest was it's usual awesome self, and the winning cars were absolutely awe inspiring. I'll post some pics in a few. Sweeeeeet!!!

14. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Had a great time, lots of neat cars and a great group of people, even the fool who called our two cars trailer queens, as Randy (65 Comet Gasser) said these cars are road hard and put away wet almost every weekend so they are far from trailer queens they are race cars. But hey, thats what makes the world go around is having different opinions.

Great time and thanks to the groups that made it come together.

Jon

15. Anymore pics of the green plymouth you were ridin with????

16. Nice to see you today Arron, yeah was a great show. Seemed full to me, and I liked the swap meet area, lots of room to expand and Im sure it will.

17. olskool34

olskool34

Great show, was great to see the turnout. I am in the same boat as loveoftiki, I really don't want to wait another year but oh well. Great job guys!

18. rcderocher

rcderocher

I had a great time as well. My arms are torched! If my truck doesn't make it next year, I'm definitely going to whip up a mini bike to race. Thanks to all that gave up their time to get this show going!

19. great show, was hoping to bring the '54 belair but had an oil leak and didnt trust taking it that far

hope to see everyone in a few months at the Showboat City Rumble in Chesaning on August 14th

[​IMG]

20. fishslayer82

fishslayer82

This was our first time out to Davisburg today, and we had a blast! Cool cars, great friends, and ice cold PBR, sounds like summer to me

21. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Maybe it was the fact that the swap meet was in the back, just seemed to have more room this year then last. I'll agree this year was MUCH better then the before. I had a blast. Straight Edge, that is my buddy Buckle's car here on the hamb, if you search on him you'll find more pictures, it's a cool car.
    I totally flaked on the mini's both Greg and I, next year for sure there will be a couple of more bikes in the race, so BE READY!

22. poorboy

poorboy

cool thanks for the pics

23. Buckle

Buckle

Good show, good people, good time!

Buckle

24. I LOVED your coupe!!! I really dug the Roosevelt sticker on the back window! That car is cherry as it could possibly be. I have a set of 35 ford wires I need to get blasted and powdercoated black, the, swap the tires over from the 40 ford wheels. (1 is bent) I HATE the whitewalls on my car, so the blackwalls will be facing out when I do this. I didnt get to stay as long as I wanted, but we had fun. My buddy David and I had a blast piloting My Coupe out there and back. I woulda gave my left nut for a 4th or 5th gear and sychro'd trans however!!

There were hot ass pinup chicks everywhere you looked, and some real nice tin there. I also loved that 58 apache too!!!!

LoveOf Tiki, It was nice to meet you, and Danimal, and I am brainfarting on the name of Danimal's buddy sitting next to the awesome blue/white 34. That car was so damn straight I thought it was fiberglass, then I looked inside and it is Henry steel!! There was a few roadsters with flatties that looked like they just rolled off the dry lakes!!!! An overall good time!! And for whatever reason, the people at SOS were SO MUCH NICER than alot of the people at Billetproof. There was some snobby fucking assholes there. Try navigating a crowd of assholes who wont move, in a damn wheelchair!!!

Olskool- we will meet in person one of these days!!

James

25. James nice to meet you too. I found out later your car is the model a that was on craigs earlier in the year. I called on it and never followed through:mad: You stole that car!!!!:D dont trash the ww keep them on some other rims to change it up once in awhile. As far as nice people, all the local clubs that help put this together all felt very passionate about keeping it "our deal" like it has always been. We all love cars!!! and how can you not be gracious hosts to anyone that would spend there hard earned dough on coming to your show with a car or to spectate. The swap meet move was a good idea and opened up more room for cars to park. I think it's gonna be hard to get minibikes locally for awhile. I think Harbor Freight is gonna sell out of their 129.00 6.5 honda clone motor in the next week or two:) I am so proud to have been a part of the first Sins Of Steel and and appreciative for all of you that came out. If you like this year wait till 2011. Big thanks to all the vendors and HUGE thanks to Boomer for spitting up the $$$ without him this would have never been possible. Man that was fun!!!!!!!!

26. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Love the wagon aaron51chevy I got a friend around here who has 2 1960 4 doors one with a 348 and one with a 409 he drives one and his son drives the other. Sins of Steel was a better show than Billetproof I tried to meet up with the cars I recognize from the HAMB but only found a few guys by their cars, like me everyone was checking out the show. Maybe next show I can BS with you guys.

Attached Files:

• S01.jpg
      S01.jpg
      File size:
      256 KB
      Views:
  27. jdubbya

jdubbya

The show was a huge success, and all the clubs and spectators should be proud. There were a couple dipshits doing donuts, spraying gravel on cars that were in close proximity, but I believe they were dealt with quickly.

The car choices for awards were great, the 409 model A was cool as hell, Junebugs Pontiac was well deserved, and the best of show Olds was simply a beautiful car.

I too will be finding a mini-bike to get together for next year, but may leave the driving to somebody else, unless there is a heavyweight class added to the bill.:D

The pin-up girls were a hit, I especially liked the girl from Flint that found a new way to hold on to a beer bottle... sorry, gotta love the hometown tallent.:eek:

Cant wait til next years show, should do nothing but get bigger and better!

28. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

I did not get an actual number but at 11 am Boomer said car attendance passed last years number. The biggest difference was the relocation of the swap. Last year the layout was a bit out of control, with the swappers tripling in number from the year before. The swap shared the same space as the show and took over before the show cars even showed up. This year with the swap put out behind the barns, about 1/3 of the show space was opened up to cars. Also, another plus this year was that the gate flow was improved buy no longer having participants fill out mailing list info when entering the show. All in all it turned out to be a great day. BIG THANKS for the Nightmares and Road Devils to the new help provided this year. This was the first time in 5 years that I was able to take some time and actually hang out. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

29. troylee

troylee

Had a great time. My mini bike flammed out on the start. But next year I will have a new plug and fresh gas. The cars are getting better every year. Thanks to all the clubs and people that put it on. It was like a vacation for Me. I did not do a thing but drink beer and b/s.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  30. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

We were all glad to be a part of it. It was the best year yet hands down. next year ill be back to take that mini bike victory lap. All my outta state club brothers loved it and are coming back next year most likley in greater numbers......Awesome event hands down.