Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Why? I just put a unisteer manual rack in my road racer and haven't driven it yet. Had a lot of problems with the install. Hoping the drive will make it worth it...
    ??

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

3. zombie289

zombie289
    from SoCal

Cool, Im thinking of running 245's but I don't think it will happen. I am running a maverick length 9" though...We shall see!

4. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

Heres my Hauler! i have had 4 rancheros and i love em for some reason....
    [​IMG]

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^^ Dude i was askin aboutr the Rancho in SanDiegoJoe Santa Maria thread.
    I was wondering how did you get to tuck those cragars up front so much.
    Narrowed A arms?
    I have a ford w/ a similar front end and i have narrow'em to fit the cragers.
    Watcha say?
    Thanx.

And btw, the bike is waaaaaay bitchin!

6. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Sweet chero! What color is that?

7. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

They look like vintage 13" 4 spoke/4 lug Cragars, and on a Falcon, they tuck like that.

-KK

8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Its not a street car, and the cooling system isn't finished yet. It runs awesome...just need to finish the drivetrain

9. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

ya they are vintage 4 spoke, 4 lug cragars, i love em! i mixed some blue paint in some highfill primer, it actually comes out hard and durable.. with a whimbleton white roof.. thanks for likin it!!

10. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

Attached Files:

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

5wbomber, how is the suspension in your Ranchero set up? Any pictures without the awesome lookin' unit bike in the back? (Got a batch of pre - units my self!). One last one- unless your on bags, any driveshaft clearance problems with the bike in the back? I'm putting together one that's pretty similar. Thanks, Chip Quinn

12. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

i will snap some for you today without the bike :). i am on cut(2 coils) front springs and 2" rear blocks, its rides like a dream still too! i have never had even close to driveshaft problems. you can bag one without cutting the tunel, my exhaust is the lowest part and its still ok to drive with. i dont have any problems!

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks man! Sounds pretty much the way I'm doing mine, but I'm having to be a bit stealthy with lowering it. It's actually for my girlfriend, and she has stated that she doesn't want it lowered. I've never owned a stock height vehicle - ever - so I have a feeling it will somehow get a bunch lower when the engine goes back in! Just like magic! Wink wink, nudge nudge! God, they're so cute when they're gullible.

14. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

hahaha lower it! the only thing with girls and low cars. they dont realize steep driveways, and speedbumps, you can't just haul ass up em'! haha heres a couple more.(before i painted the inside white)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Like most, she doesn't seem to have much of a grasp on physics, so going too low is not an option. At least it will probably keep all four wheels on the ground around turns though! Ya, yours has just about what I'm looking for as far as stance, low but nice and practical. Ours is probably going to do bit of the same thing - hauling Triumphs! Digging on the four lug Cragars too! I just found a set in a wrecking yard up the road from here the other day, passed on them though because of some surface rust. I should probably go back and grab them. Any issues with yours? how did you solve them?

16. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

no issues with em at all. i would NOT pass those up, they are very hard to find! polish em out and see how bad they are then. they work great for haulin triumphs! my old 65 i used to haul bikes to motocross races. full size bike look great in ranchero's! heres one of my 65 packed up and headin to a mini race!
    [​IMG]

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks again man!

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeh i know what they are, i have a set too. Just on my ford theyre in line w/ the wheel arch lip, and it suks! I'll narrow the a arms and build flares (im goin for a 70s lowrider look anyway).Was your Rancho a dark shade of green few years ago?I remember one that color w/ same wheels, 2 cut coils and 2" blocks....weird coincidence or same truck?Sweet anyway, and the bike makes me drooool too....

19. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

yes it was the green one. i got it from a good friend of mine, he is the one who lowered it.

20. Oops, just saw this, sorry I didn't answer sooner.
    Turning radius is dramatically less than stock and header clearance to the steering joints is poor (even worse on the manual version)

21. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

I'm in So Cal and am looking for a rear floor for my 64 Hardtop did u make ur own patch panels or get them somewhere???

22. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Well im about to get my chasis rolling and was wondering what size and type of tire I should run on my 64? Right now I have the stock 5 bolt steel rims and eventually I will run some radir slicks in the rear for cruising around town ( nothing long distance ) either on the original steels or some cragars but for now I need some tires with tread.
    The tire size would have to be basically what would fit under the stock application there have been no mods to the rear or front suspension.
    Thanks.

23. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Best make your own floor boards as the aftermarket ones I used were so cheep and do not fit for sh*t.. I tried to rush my car by buying them...

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have to second No Respect above. I just made mine for the Ranchero, and it took a bit of head scratching and work, but it wasn't hard to do.

25. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

I bought mine and they fit pretty well. Maybe a different supplier.

26. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Yup. I made my own, too...it's a helluva lot cheaper, and relatively easy to do...;)
    Rob

27. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Anyone have a good source for a header for a 200ci six in a 64 Falcon?

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Classic Inlines. I haven't tried it, so this isn't an endorsement, but I've heard plenty of good and almost no bad.

-Dave

29. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

As of now, i cut 2 coils in the front and 2 1/2 blocks in the rear, runs just fine -[​IMG]sam

30. I ran a Clifford in one of my cars and a Hooker in the other. Clifford aounded better (different split on the collectors) but Hooker seemed to make better power. http://www.cliffordperformance.net/