Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plasma cutter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CG, Jun 3, 2010.

1. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I just got a Thermal Dynamics 100XL - looking forward to using it - I think it will be a nice time saver, but far from a necessity. BTW mine was used - I got it dirt cheap!

2. After you have used it for a while you may change your mind about that.:D

3. VonWegener

VonWegener

Hey RPM - those lightswitch covers are great. Perfect subliminal messaging when put in a kid's room.
    And that cut surface is truly impressive.

4. wheelbilly

wheelbilly

I like mine, just make sure you have dry air. It works a lot better that way :D I zig zagged 1/2" copper pipe behind my bench with a ball valve to drain it. Nice and dry now.

5. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I bought a century plasma cutter 14 years ago. Through 14 years of abuse, it is on its last legs, it needs a new cutting head. The cutting head and hose are almost $500 to my door (cheapest place I've found). Its been giving me fits for the last 6 months, so its time is almost up. I'm thinking its not so smart spending $500 for a cutting head on a 14 year old machine capable of cutting 1/4" (1/8" clean & fast). I actually had to cut a piece of 11 gage with the torch today. I'm thinking a new plasma will be here soon, just have to figure out which one to get.

Some people don't think they are a necessity are the people that haven't gotten used to using them yet. I thought I could live without mine as well. That thought has lasted about 3 months. Gene

6. Miller has a ton of stuff on special right now, just started first of June. Worth taking a look at for sure if you are in the market now.

7. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

miller welders are the shit, i have 3 (220, 110, and a syncrowave 200). i have used pretty much only miller welders in my day job (industrial welding/construction) and they work great and last.

plasma is awesome. i have a hypertherm 600 in my shop (along with my cnc table). real good investment. you wont be dis-appointed. just my $.02

8. wrench9

wrench9
    from Canada

You are like me I was in the exact same boat I went to buy a new Miller mig and came home with both I have never regretted either purchase go for it you will not be dissappointed.