Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Going to phoenix AZ next week where to go, what to look at?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trent_A, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Trent_A

Trent_A

Taking a business trip to Phoenix next week, what should I go see? Anything going on?

2. Stay in the shade, drink lots of non-alcoholic beverages and have a good time.

Shop is almost always open. I could use free labor, hint hint, nudge nudge... :)

www.crusinarizona.com

3. az/willis

az/willis

friday night test and toon at speedworld dragway, its also the oldest strip in AZ.

83ave and union hills has a car show meet up every saterday night, about 100+ cars (i havent been sience last year cuz i moved to CA but should still be going on)

4. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Just in time for the one week we hit 110 degrees.. haha cruizinarizona.com otherwise its the same car shows on fri night 35th and northern and pavilians in snobsdale...If you are looking for local music shows you can check out azrockabilly.net

5. Trent_A

Trent_A

thanks guys!

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

What did you do to someone at work that they sent you here, now? That's thinly veiled punishment of some sort!

7. Trent_A

Trent_A

yeah I was thinking the same thing...
    I am going to cook like a lobster in the heat

8. But it's a dry heat! Welcome to the land of eternal sun! Enjoy!

9. Kyron

Kyron
    from Peoria Az

83 and beardsley ....... its north of union hills. A lot of cars leave when the sun goes down so get there before sunset!

10. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

id check out the superstition mountains if i were you its pretty neat. watch out for snaks! and i heard theres a bunch of model t somewhere by roosevelt lake

11. az/willis

az/willis

i know its on beardsley... but why does everyone call it the meet at 83 and union hills? i always thought that was wrong.

12. river1

river1

actually it's not beardsley either. there are no easily identifiable cross streets for it but the closest "MAIN" street is 83 and union hills. it actually at where "83 ave changes into lake pleasant" and 83 ave. clear as mud hehe

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=20713...ia,+AZ+85382-7427&sourceid=ie8-activity&hl=en

later jim

13. Trent_A

Trent_A

Holy hell it hot here.
    I'm done with my meetings for the day and board out of mind. Ill pay for gas if someone wants to show me around.