Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roll Call: Salina Lead Sled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vegas paul, May 23, 2010.

1. vegas paul

vegas paul
    from salina, ks

I'm new to Salina, just moved from Las Vegas to Kansas! Got a great job offer that I couldn't turn down. I'm eager to meet new folks in my new home town. Who's going to be in Salina for the KKOA Lead Sled in July???

PM me or arrange to get together, I am excited about all the REAL car people here ( not gold-chainers like so many in Las Vegas). No offense to the real car folks in Nevada - I know there a quite a few...

2. Welcome to Kansas. There are a bunch of great HAMBers in your neck of the woods and I bet you'll get to meet them in Salina. There is usually a meet and greet the day of the show. Be on the lookout for a thread about the show and meet and greet. Don't know yet myself if I will make it.

3. choptvan

choptvan

I will do my best to be there. Money sux you know...

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I will be there for sure and I work in Salina. Would like to meet you and welcome you to the area. Let me buy you lunch sometime. Welcome to Kansas!

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

be careful, there are some very unsavory characters in the area!

hope to meet up with you someday.

6. vegas paul

vegas paul
    from salina, ks

Well, my office is withing stumbling distance of the Cozy Inn, so that sounds like a good place to meet some folks. Looking forward to the weekend.

7. A couple of us from Montana are planning on it.

8. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Welcome to Salina Paul!!! I live and work in Salina. I would like to meet you someday. I don't know if they have started the thursday night cruises yet but if they have there used to be a bunch of car folks that would meet at the Wendys out south by Walmart and cruise to the Dairy Queen on north 9th. I just heard from my daughter that there is a new guy working on the city named Paul and he came from Vegas...IS THAT YOU?? Anyway pm me or call my cell sometime...785-819-5251...Later...Glenn

9. VonMisfit

VonMisfit
    from Alabama

they dont cruze Santa Fe anymore??

wish i could make it this year

OT.. im dying for some cozys!!!!

10. I'll be there Friday after work. I hope to have the digger at the hand flagged drags that evening. Then all day Saturday

Welcome to Kansas!!!

11. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

:) Slappin' the car back together to go....should be fun!

12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the Mid-West, Salina is as real as it gets...Looking forward to meeting ya.

Happy Trails,

Mick

13. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

14. yblock292

yblock292

bunch from Wichita....

15. vegas paul

vegas paul
    from salina, ks

Glenn - Yep, that's me. The Thursday night cruises have started, and I'm going to try to get out there tomorrow, 5/27.

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hate to tell you this Kerry...but there aren't any drags on Saturday...!!!:rolleyes:

So, if you're bringing your digger, what're you driving other than that...???

R-

17. pinklady

pinklady
    from California

Will be my first time out there. I drive and my husband is the fuel-er and problem fixer. I have a heavy lead foot, so if you see a Pink Merc fly bye don't forget to say hello! They say it's a great show and won't be disappointed. Hope meet you all. Any one from San bernardino, California heading out?

18. sololobo

sololobo

Paul,welcome to Salina. I am not a local but would like to call it a home. Paul and Glen always make us feel like home folks when we are there, as do all Salina's fine residents. This is one of the most feel good events one may attend. Looking forward to shakin your hand. See ya there brother. I am sure we will have at least a dozen of the Omaha gang there. ~Sololobo~

19. vegas paul

vegas paul
    from salina, ks

Glad to get all the welcomes. I look forward to meeting you, Look for the light blue 51 Studebaker Biz Coupe...Can't be more than one!

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

When I moved here from the Missouri Ozarks many years ago I thought it was flat and windy around here and not much to do. So I started inventing my own fun with old cars and friends. Now I appreciate the wide open spaces and lack of traffic and good roads to drive on. It's all perspective and what you make of it. Looking forward to meeting you. My name is Paul as well.

21. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

see ya there!

22. 2-3 cars out of our Oliver crew will be there. Can't wait, it's always a blast!!

23. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

A swap meet vendor, A commercial vendor and at least 3 customs will be there from Red Oak. IOWA that is.

24. Buford

Buford

Looking forward to it...should be a super run!

25. PackRatWrecker

PackRatWrecker
    from Kansas

I'm hoping to have my 65 Kaiser ragtop(M35 Deuce) roadworthy by then. On the other hand, I'd sure like to bring the ole wrecker down, again, and show you boys how to build a fire.

Might have to trade off another run, for that weekend.

26. NoSurf

NoSurf

Welcome to Salina.

I work about 8 blocks from the park.

Gimme a holler if you want to grab lunch sometime.

27. Plowboy

Plowboy

I plan on being there again this year. Always a good time.

28. Abomb

Abomb

Probably, maybe, and finally, hopefully.........

29. decayed40

decayed40

We will be there again this year ! it cant come fast enough! long ass drive but worth it:D