Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gasser Gasser Gasser!! 1962 Falcon Futura with a Nailhead??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuckles Garage, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Brahm

Brahm

I couldn't disagree more..but hey it's your car.

2. mac762

mac762

Dork.

3. Racrdad

Racrdad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Not thats funny, I dont care who you are.....

4. Thank god this wasn't a Falcon;
    [​IMG]

5. 63sprintinsabin

63sprintinsabin
    from Sabin, MN

This is the coolest project on the HAMB!

I wish I would have kept my old Falcon Sprint parts car and did something like this, way cool! Don't listen to the idiots that have no imagination and say that you ruined that nice Falcon, IMHO you created a bad ass Falcon. This car is anything but cute!

6. To get this back on track...have you made any new progress on the 'bird?

Sure did enjoy the videos!

7. Brahm

Brahm

Note to self: Stray from pack, get insulted. Some people like gassers, some people don't. Can't state an opinion without people resorting to childish name calling. If you can't handle people criticizing your car don't post it online. Last I checked hamb wasn't about group hugs. You gotta take the good, w/the bad.

Personally I don't get how knocking off 50's and 60's nostalgia some how makes you a more imaginative, creative person, and building a slick street/strip car makes you a bore. Don't get me wrong, I dig nostalgia cars but trying to pass them off like original concepts is a joke, the entire point of building a nostalgic car is to pay homage to vehicles past not to be innovative and imaginative.

But hey, what can I say call me ole fashion, I like to build my race cars to race not to sit in parking lots. Not saying this is the case here, but if it is.. it sure is a sad fate for what was a decent street/strip car.

8. mac762

mac762

9. Brahm

Brahm

10. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

"Ruined a Falcon" Hehehehe, now there's a real moron's oxymoron for you.

At least you're not putting some weird motor in it or have moved the drivers seating position. Hahahahaha.

Hehehehe, "Ruined a Falcon" I still can't get over that one. Like that's even possible.

Your build rocks tits period. I love it.

11. I imagine Scotty will run it. Not as bad as all the Vegas and Pintos thet were ruined with V8s.:rolleyes:

12. doug free

doug free

i seen this car at viva the setback on the motor is crazy, i loved it! keep up the good work.

13. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

What's wrong with wanting a hug once in a while? This is my happy place, and I want hugs dammit! I think you need a hug dude!

Who wants to give Brahm a hug???

I'm definitely not trying to pass this off as an original concept, as there were MANY odd engine/car combo's done in the gas classes. The "wild" setback was actually pretty common as well. I think you may be on the wrong forum. This place is all about traditional hotrods and nostalgia cars, not 90's street strip contraptions or "almost gassers"

This car will sit in all the parking lots I wish to put it in, and will also see exhibition use on the strip.

**Hugs**

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Finally back on track......Started the cage today. The rear bars tie in with the frame where the leaf spring shackles are mounted. Nice and sturdy......more tomorrow.

[​IMG]

15. Man... you guys have your granny panties all in a bunch over THAT?

Look what a friend of mine had done to my old Falcon gasser... granted, it was a 6th grade art project... but still! It tool a whole day and two gallons of paint stripper to get it all off! Hahahaha!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I bought it, got it running, took it apart, sold it to him, then he got it running and painted it. I traded some stuff back for it, stripped the paint, primered it, and then sold it.

It had a 351C 4V, 4 speed, and '57 9" with 4.11's

Sorry to hijack your thread... keep up the good work on the gasser.

[​IMG]

17. lorodz

lorodz

looks great keep it up ...

18. 510madmav

510madmav

man that thing is bad! way cool..

19. Brahm

Brahm

Actually it's about traditional hot rods, and customs. Not about being obsessed with nostalgia for nostalgia sake and faux drag cars to sit in parking lots and do chuckle passes, which is what I've seen more and more of lately over the past 10 years or so that i've been poking around here..

Just because, I appreciate a solid street/strip drag car and am not a fan of your Gasser that means I'm on the wrong forum? Get real. I'm here for the hot rods, and customs, not to try to relive some part of my life and I missed out on when I was younger (ie being nostalgia obsessed). Not everybody is gonna like every project on here.

Personally I see gassers as the new rat rods.

Either way, I don't give a shit. I'm glad you like your car, and I hope you have a blast with it..it's just not my bag and personally I think you destroyed a great looking car and what was probably a great running car at some point in time, and most likely would have ran much better et's had you not destroyed it.

..and remember when you post stuff online not everybody is going to be a fanboy. It's ok.. I'm sure your a big boy and can deal with a little criticism.

20. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

21. perkshotrods

perkshotrods

I don't post much (if any at all) but I read a great deal of these threads and it amazes me how some people always feel the need to jump into a good build thread and tell the owner of a car how he screwed it up because he didn't do it the way that he likes. He is right about not everyone will like your car, Thats real easy to fix, GET OFF THE THREAD and find one that you like. I think this car is terrific and has a great look. There is nothing ratty about this car, did you look at the metal and fab work on this Falcon. I like the hell out of this car and apparently so do a LOT of other people, keep the thread up, can't wait to see it move on its own............:D:D:D

22. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

cannot say it any better other then to add that it is rather difficult to appreciate fully a car like this over the internet and through pictures. sure, you may think its going to just sit in parking lots its entire life, and so what if it does? but i can say this, if you saw this car in person you would be in awe. if not, you are dead inside. there are many "fake" gassers and pro street cars out there that are tubbed, big motors, huge cams, peg leg rear ends, caged with all the proper NHRA trinkits and couldnt pull a 12 sec 1/4 if they had to.

this is not one of those cars. keep up the work scotty, let the haters hate

23. Brahm

Brahm

I never said the quality of the work was bad, or that it was ratty. I said that Gassers are the new rat rods meaning it's the new fad/trend. Not to mention it revolves around hacking up cars in what I believe is a bad way (ie making faux drag cars).

In terms of why some people post on threads they don't like. This is a forum it's here for discussion, debate, and sometimes have a little fun. I see something I like. I give the person a thumbs up, I see something I don't a thumbs down. Welcome to hamb, it's not always about jumping in line to pat somebody on the back...and hey if the guy races it more then just cackle passes.. more power to him.. Either way, I think some of you are missing my point. I don't think every falcon is nice, I'm not some falcon fan, and I'm not some resto "leave it alone guy".

I simply thought the falcon in the before picture, was a great looking car, and you really don't see many falcon drag cars. It's not dime a dozen like every mustang/camaro you see... and now it just looks goofy to me, and while better then most gassers (if that blower actually has it's guts in it..) It's just another dime a dozen early/mid 60s gasser now imop.

Do I think he did a good job doing what he was trying to do, sure for a gasser.. it's better then most. I just don't like what he did :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  24. Brahm

Brahm

ya.. ha there are plenty of those to... Nothing I used to enjoy more the picking off tub'd, and full caged trailer queens in a 10" tire car that drove to the track ^_^

25. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Hahaha! Awesome.....who needs soap operas when we have the HAMB?!

I don't know about you guys, but I gotta get back to work on my rat rod.....no...faux drag car.......nah, I mean...gasser!

justadream likes this.
  26. what a great build thanks for all the work to keep us updated

27. tuki

tuki

dude u got it right..i love it.ive noticed that the HAMB can b a lil over oppionated

28. Call it whatever you want, its badass. :cool:

29. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

Ok, well, great hearing from you. Thanks for stoppin in. See ya later then, right?

30. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I just was browsing the HAMB and found an awesome thread on the "Mystery Willys" gasser that was recently rescued from the side of a barn. The rear suspension setup is nothing short of AMAZING, and I think the Strange Bird may get something like it. Hmmm? Just a thought.

Check it out......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010