Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reliabilty run on May 30th for those who don't wanna go to Santa Maria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnykck, Mar 10, 2010.

1. johnnykck

johnnykck

See ya all in Hollister, I'll be there about 1:30or 2:00 today.

2. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

For those that are coming early there is a vintage airshow at the airport which happens to be 1/4 mile down from the Weibe motel. Check that out after you get checked in.

3. Saw a couple of pre WWII Army Air Corps trainers flying around here yesterday, should be some neat stuff at the Air Show and the Hollister Airport is a cool old place in and of itself. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning (fingers crossed that my car makes it!).

4. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

just did a little tune and lube. see everyone in the morning..

5. derelict

derelict

Last minute changes of the good kind mean that I'll be in Hollister tomorrow morning. See ya there...

6. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

ok so santa maria was blast, saw alot of old friend , alot new cars / projects very kool ..... and the cruise was great almost always moving not a lot of stopping at a stand still then someone overheats..also it was 4 lanes of cruising...good times ....now for 6 hrs of sleep ( if im lucky )...then more driving sunday .....

7. johnnykck

johnnykck

Well, thanks to every body who came, we had about 40 cars show up and had a blast. Here's some pic's.

8. johnnykck

johnnykck

9. johnnykck

johnnykck

10. Can't wait to do it again, what a great day.

11. flat34pu

flat34pu

:Dyeah, had a great time, thanks for the info derelic, chet, and jim.
    missed the prerun becaues my computer caught a viris, and didnt see the time change, went and finaly saw the sea bowl on 1 heading south at 10:10 nobody there so i went home, couldnt remember the name of the hotel,need to make better notes and put a power source outlet for tomtom.
    but had a blast sunday.

12. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

had a blast need to do it again soon ..... thank you road zombies for doing this and to everybody for showing up making it a great way to end the weekend.......

13. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

That video is GREAT! My thanks go out as well... I had an awesome time and look forward to round 2 next year.

All the best,

Robert M.

14. roscoe

roscoe

YES!
    Big thanks to the Road Zombies and 'Ramiro' for opening up his shop to us in Hollister.
    Great run. Great cars. Cold beer at the 19th Hole. Nothing better!

Best Regards,
    Roscoe

15. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

We would also like to thank all of you guys for coming out and participating in the Road Zombies 1st Reliability Run. Thanks to my Road Zombies brothers for coming up with the idea and making it happen. Next year will be even better with new routes and perhaps making the route longer. We really appreciate all of you guys and gals and thanks for visiting me and my shop. See ya at the 15th Road Zombies BBQ. For info on that even get a hold of a member in the Road Zombies-Romero

16. roscoe

roscoe

Sorry Ramero!
    I work with three "Ramiro's"... and they all spell it with an "i". Shit.

Hey, those pictures of your shop when it was a Buick Garage in the late 1920's are awesome. Realizing that your shop was once one of the first Buick Garages on the central coast is something to be proud of as it maintains all of it's original structure and charisma.
    If those walls could talk.
    Sweet.

Best Regards,
    Roscoe

17. bonesy

bonesy

What a great video. That run looks like more fun than you all should be allowed.

18. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

HAHAH no problem man. Most people think Romero is my last name anyway.:) Yea if walls could talk and if only it was still stocked with parts LOL. It is pretty cool and i owe my wife for keeping it clean:D.
    Romero

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  19. Cruiser

Cruiser

johnnykck<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5005390", true); </SCRIPT> -Just came across this thread. It's B.S. that there's just a bunch of old people setting around at Santa Maria. I think your Reliability Run is a cool thing to put on, it's just a shame you try so hard to pit it against Santa Maria. Both types of car experiences are killer and fun to do on any given weekend. I would love to go to your Reliability Run and Santa Maria both if they were on different weekends. As, custom and hot guys we don't need to pit one against the other were in the same boat. :D

Be cool and have a good time

CRUISER :cool: