Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Fiberglass 32 Ford? Yes or no?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, May 28, 2010.

?
  1. Never, no way under any circumstances

108 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Only if you can't afford a real one

128 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Hell yes!

215 vote(s)
    47.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This thread is old and lame.....

Some guys like original steel cars for what they represent - an intasngible feeling or sense of time that has elapsed, a history, vibe and feeling that only on aold car can generate.

But is THAT what you think about when your driving it? Or is it the thrill of having built it yourself, in a style that you (and others like you) really dig?

Me? I built a traditional 3W in a style reminicesnt on the very late 50s/very early 60s that a kid with some monsy could have built. That was the goal for THIS car and I think I achieved it.

Ive been having a blast with this car - Im currently putting together another nastier Flathead for some action and loving every minute of it.

To me thats what its about - having fun with what you have and what you can afford. Steel or glass, JUST DO IT.

The rest is opinionated and elitist crap.

Build it and DRIVE.

Rat

2. I understand that,,I did it to piss you off,,did I succeed? :mad: HRP

3. moter

moter

My skateboard is better than yours...... :p:p:p

4. Oh Yeah? Mine has a " traditional", laminated deck! :D:D

5. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Still open? Can't believe it.

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

Mines a 2X6 with two half's of a old metal skate nailed to it ! :D
    ( Just kidding,... that was actually my scooter )

7. I hope they make this question a sticky so we don't have waste another 10 pages on a stupid question like this, because some genius will once again think he's the first person to ask it and the usual dribble will follow.

8. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

...and yet you felt compelled to participate, and posted.

9. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

too funny

10. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

i would love to have an gasser 32 with an huge FIBERGLASS TRENDS logo on the side

11. Does anyone else agree that 32s are overdone at this point anyway? I mean they're beautiful and iconic, blah blah blah, and I don't mean to offend any 32 owners. But Damn! If I never saw another at this point, I would not care. Everyone wants to build the same thing over and over and over again?:rolleyes:. As an example, lets take the album Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon-- it's a wonderful album, ground breaking classic for sure, made by a super talented group of guys. But..., how many times can you listen to it before it becomes stale and rubbed in the ground?

IMO, if you can't afford the rediculously over inflated 32 Ford prices, then maybe go down a road less traveled, and you may get some respect for having an original thought.

12. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Flattie, you certainly started the proverbial shitstorm. :D Don't ya just love it?

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

"Ding-Ding,.... Round 2 !"

[​IMG]

That's exactly what these guys were thinking ! :D Great Idea !:cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. S.F.

S.F.

Not for me, its the cars...thers a few old timers I like though.

15. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

You know, I didn't hear too many people taking cheap shots at Hot Turkey when he built his fiberglass 32 3 window....and I would think anybody would be proud to own that car.

16. Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding !!! Aaaannnnddd we have a knock out in Round 2 by the Undisputed Champ of the HAMB - HARMS WAY!!!!!!!

17. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I'm wondering about the less than 25% that say no way. How many of them actually have a steel 1932 Ford ?

18. Another good question is how many guys own steel 32 Ford's and don't have a problem with glass,,from what I've read,,a few even on glass ones as well. HRP

19. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

i have alway's beleaved steel is real,but it's up to the guy that's building it.on a sunny day if your out beating on it and having fun,i'm sure glass or steel won't matter.

20. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I'll bite..

I have a steel Tudor Sedan and a Glass Wescott Phaeton body and about enough parts to build a car out of it.....
    ....now if I could just get it to the front burner.

21. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

My '32 hiboy tudor body is steel but the hood top, sides & grill shell are glass. No wonder I suffer from an identity problem! :confused:

22. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

well i guess since the general consensus is that 'glass cars are just replicas and not worth your time, you should just buy a cool honda and pimp it out ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  23. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Did you look a the results at the top of the page?

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="75%">Never, no way under any circumstances </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes noWrap align=middle width="12%">112</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right width="13%">25.11%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="75%">Only if you can't afford a real one </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes noWrap align=middle width="12%">123</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right width="13%">27.58%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="75%">Hell yes! </TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes noWrap align=middle width="12%">211</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right width="13%">47.31%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tfoot align=middle colSpan=4>Voters: 446. You have already voted on this poll</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

24. aces52

aces52

A 1932 Ford is Steel try to do this with glass [​IMG]

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

you mean get a fluzie to pose in front? thats easy...

26. When I built my '32 roadster getting a gennie was simply impossible and not within my budget. It does have a gennie frame however. It has an ambiguity about it resulting in comments such as isnt that a nice old car? Others have said "oh i thought it was steel" . I find these comments flattering and amusing. Never had any anal hot rod nazi type comments about it in near on 25 years.

As for getting money back. If I was motivated by that I wouldn't have bought the parts and built it. As for the fun factor it's great.

This pic is when I went to the salt at Lake Gairdner in SA in 2005 . About 100miles of dirt roads and a good deal of corrugations not to mention the salt. Didn't miss a beat. Best fun ever.
    [​IMG]

27. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

rotflmao!!! Chicks can't tell the difference. They'll even pose in front of a Street Beast!

28. Funny, I was never really a '32 guy period - always lusted after a '33/'34 3W. Then, one day, I found a chopped '32 Tudor for sale for a good price and became a deuce owner. Then 3 more original steel '32 project bodies just kind of fell into my lap (for decent money too). I can tell you, I am not at all opposed to fiberglass but I would not have bought any of the ones I have now if they were not steel - I can't really say why, I guess just based on the value factor. I've got about $16,000 US into everything '32 that I currently have (but not one driver :D). There's no way I would have paid $16,000 for what I have in 'glass - it just wouldn't be a good deal to me.

Having said all that, I think I might trade straight across right now though for a complete, sorted, running 'glass '32, just so I could get out and have some fun!

Steve

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  29. smittystoys

smittystoys

my dad has 2 steel 5 window 32s and one steel roadster and one glass 32 roadster the glass car drives just as good and gets probably just as much attention from your average person theres a lot of difference in value but the glass car is still worth some good money....and is a blast to drive....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.