Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Reddd wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by concreteman, Jun 1, 2010.

1. concreteman

concreteman

Thinking about a change ,what do you guys think
    Black - Green -Mags ?? leave em REDD ??? :eek::eek:

[​IMG]

2. James427

James427
    BANNED

Red sets off the logo real nice.

3. I like the red. Sometimes it just works.

4. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

red was so cool it became uncool and is sure to eventually be cool again, leave em red and wait for them to be cool rather than changing them because they aren't cool because it was cool but became too cool to be cool.....

or go with what you like, except green, because it's bad luck

5. 117harv

117harv

It looks great as it is...no mags.

6. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

If anything .... loose the whites .... black is where its at!

PACO

7. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Looks swell to me!

8. Looks good as is.

Not sure blackwalls would do it justice.....maybe someone could photoshop
    it with blacks........

9. Another vote for red.

10. concreteman

concreteman

Thanks guys ,I am super suprised -thought every-one would vote no
    REDD WHEELS

11. a very pricey set of no-window Halibrands with black walls would really set the car apart.

12. blt2go

blt2go

i think you are looking at the car too much and maybe it is turning critical. my advice is, i'll come pick up the car and "store" it for you, until the absence makes you love it just the way it is. looks great, i wouldn't change a thing.

13. Leave 'em! Leave the wide whites, too. You nailed it with your colors. What color is the body?

14. Be brazen turn the wide whites to the inside

red outer rims
    charcoal grey/ black centers
    chrome lugs

15. concreteman

concreteman

Again thanks guys for all the replies ,I mixed the color -then shot a large pieace ,took it to the paint store -they shot it with there gun -made the formula

16. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

Hey Man ,,Looks GREAT just like it is ,,well,,maybe a set of Button Caps you can run or tale off as your attitude dictates ,,,ya ,there ya go ,,nuthing serious ,,just a quick change once in awhile ,,,kinda like your shorts ,,,lol,,lol,
    mine are Wheel Vintique Chrome Wheels with painted REDD centers ,,,the button caps have a "Bow Tie" stamped in the middle ,,
    ,,,[​IMG]

17. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

nooo! dont change them one bit. they look perfect with the car, and dont even think about losing the whitewalls. your thinking about it too much. the car is near perfect.

18. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

sometimes you get it right the first time i would leave it or if your wanting a little change maybe a thin pinstripe around the center or maybe the out side edge but i wouldnt change the color it looks killer the way it is.

19. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I'm a youtube junkie and that is where I first saw this car. Had no idea you were on the HAMB concreteman, but only makes sense. To me you have one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. Sincerely. Change nothing. You can do no better.

20. lorodz

lorodz

21. Mires

Mires

You're car is perfect man. Don't change it.

22. narlee

narlee

You've got it right already.

23. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Another vote for: KEEP IT!!

Looks good, Man!

24. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

I'd leave just as they are only I'd call 'em RED.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yuppers, it looks right on the money just the way it is. The car just flat looks like it is supposed to look just like it does. Kinda like the hot rod the guy down at the corner gas station had that he ran errands in during the week and raced on the weekend at the local strip.

I'm not big on "patina", I'm not big on lettering or signs on street cars and red wheels usually don't usually do much for me but I just flat like the hell out of that car just the way it is.

26. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

they look great! Find something else to mess with :)

27. 21tat

21tat

Those look perfect!

28. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Its just fine the way it is. I have seen this car at many shows and I would not change a single thing on it.

29. I,m fucked if I know , the wheels look good red but???? photoshopping maybe.

30. rockabillyrodder

rockabillyrodder
    from Colgate WI

What kind of hotrodder are you if you don't have a different set of wheels for street, strip, and show?
    I would fix the scratches in your paint first. LOL
    Looking at facts though, a hemi on those wheels don't mix. A coupe with power needs to get it to the ground via bonni style street style or drag style period. Those tires do not do that. They are like a stock cam and a blower the combo is wong.
    On the color issue IT'S ONLY PAINT it can be repainted. Mask off the tires and paint them pink for the weekend and have a good laugh when you convince everyone that you love them. I wish I only had to worry about the color of my wheels and which cry baby I should display instead of worrying about not welding right now. I'm out before I have to kick my ass again.
    Someone post some pics of other period tires that might fit the bill because I'm lost. For the street that is; obviously slicks or cheaters will work but what about for street driving, back road dirt driving, and snow driving. In bias plys of course.