Register now to get rid of these ads!

L.A. Roadster show, Traditional Rod and Suede Parking Sunday: Who will be there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Bombero, May 30, 2010.

1. I'll be there all three days because, it's the LARS . Why else?

2. 53chevy

53chevy

Wow! How about changing the name of the modified to Sweet Britches™

I'll be there, always a great time and a long day....

Ken

3. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I seem to remember standing around a few years back with some old friends on Sunday afternoon till they turned the lights out and started sweeping the floor. Some times it's just hard to say it's over for another year. Have fun Don, see ya in 2014.

Lee

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

great pic....looks like a mini snuggle cruise?????

5. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

Bob Walden has his open house also on friday night.

6. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

I just checked walden's website and it doesnt say anything about the open house this year. does anyone know if he is having one this year on Friday night?

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

It's a SNUGGLER world.

8. Mike

Mike

I'll be out there in Joe Barnett's old Model T touring. I reckon I 'll be parked in the swap meet, probaly alternating between the Arizona crew and the Bean Bandit's swap spots.

Also, I spoke with Joe Barnett on the phone yesterday and he'll be at the show sat. and sun. I'll finally get to meet him face to face and reunite him with his old machine for a while. I'm totally stoked about that!

9. El Bombero

El Bombero

We went to that last year after the So-Cal event. Didn't the Kenedy Brothers used to have an open house?

Mike

10. Flathead26T

Flathead26T

I went to So-Cal and Waldens open house last year when i was in town. I plan on going to So-Cals open house friday and LARS on sunday. I was looking forward to visiting Waldens again. I will be in town for the second half of the week and all weekend, but i will be stuck at the california motor speedway for most of the days i am there.

-Jim

11. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

IM pushing hard to have a running car for that weekend...I also want to get SNUGGLED!!!
    hahahahahah.
    cant wait to see the legion.....
    SEE YOU ALL THERE BRIAN

SPERLINGBUILT.COM

12. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

LARS is my religious activity of the year, kinda like a pilgrimage. I've been going since the Great Western days. I got abused by the hired help at Socal last year and had to park about a half mile down the street. The neighborhood is somewhat questionable so I don't think I'll do that again.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Funny you should say that wingman - I've always said "Go ahead and cancel Christmas... just don't touch L.A. Roadster show! As a matter of fact, Years ago when I took a "real" job, part of my contract said that I would work anywhere in the world, (and I did!) but they had to have me at Ontario airport in C.A. by 2:00 on the Friday proceeding fathers day! And they said yes!!!

14. BCR

BCR

What is the protocol on the parking lot at SO Cal. Do they just let the guys they know in the lot or cars they built or is it a timing thing (show up early?).

15. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Main parking is for "finished roadsters 1936 and older" That means shiny paint, full permanent upholstery. They look your car over at the gate and if you fit into that category your in. Free + Sat. dinner and Sun. afternoon pewter Mug. Don't try to sneak by any blanket upholstery from Mexico.

16. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

It's all up to the guy at the gate. It is their show. I think old race parts are all right but then I'm not at the gate. I don't think it matters how far you traveled it's their call.

17. desertdroog

desertdroog

Rolling out Thursday afternoon to avoid Friday morning rush hour.

Looking to score headlights, tailights and a dash for my 30 A Coupe.

18. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

I will be there with this heap. Last year was my firsy year, should have been going for the last 20 years!

[​IMG]

19. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

The cars inside the fence know somebody or invited for sure. I was invited and parked at the curb in front of the store. Cars just basically
    park in the street:)

20. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

You are sent a pass to park inside the gates. You need to know someone or have had So Cal build your car. I've parked inside a couple of times. The party inside the gates really gets rolling after everyone else outside leaves.

21. 32-cabriolet

32-cabriolet
    from Gilbert Az

Limeworks is having a open house on Thurday.....

the drive back across the desert is best Monday morning!! We stay all day sunday & maybe drive out 2 hours or so & get a hotel. get up EARLY monday & roll across the desert before it hits the 110's...

22. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I leave Sunday to be there.....taking the long slow senic thru the mountains and across the desert route. Meetin my buddy from CT in his roadster in SD. The two of us will drive together. I'm missing the Back to the 50's to go.....easy decision, I'd pick the LARS anytime!

Attached Files:

23. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I'm sorry I read your question wrong. That is what I get for skim reading.
    I was talking about the main roadster parking on the fairgrounds.

24. JonF

JonF

Father's day is June 19th this year. Sunday is the day they draw to give away a hot rod to a ticket holder. Must be present to win, too.

25. El Bombero

El Bombero

That is exactly what I am going to do. I think I will go as far as Indio, stay the night, get up early and head back.

Mike

26. Well I just got back from Kansas and Mike has 3 cars that deserve to be parked in the show area for sure!

I look foreward to the photo's of those cars together in L.A..

27. Special Ed

Special Ed

I don't know anything about Arkansas, but Father's Day is June 20th here in California this year...:cool:

28. He just wants to get a good parking spot...