Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hollister Reliability Run Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uncle Pancakes, May 30, 2010.

1. Got to Hollister around 9AM just in time for cars to start rolling in. The Road Zombies were great hosts and we had a fantastic drive through classic California countryside. Bit of a crowd out at Pinnacles National Monument so we headed back to Tres Pinos early and had a great lunch at the 19th hole. One of the best car days i have had in a looong time, gotta say beat the hell out of sitting around a fairground for me and I can't wait for the next one. to everyone who put this on, and everyone who turned up a huge thank you!!!!!!

Here is a link to some pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eeparrott/sets/72157624169393822/

2. koth

koth

Looks like you had a great turnout. Thanks for sharing the pics!

3. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

I wish i could have made it. Hopefully there will be another one soon.

Brian

4. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

i vote for next week...... it was fun cruising those backroads today ted and it was good to see u there, u getting the bug yet ? thanks to zombies for doing also ,we do need to do it more often .....

5. xadamx

xadamx

I propose a San Jose/Saratoga to Santa Cruz Reliability Run...via Highway 9. Maybe eat in Boulder Creek and end up at Delaveaga Park or the Boardwalk. That drive is beautiful. Thanks to the Road Zombies for doing this run, I had a lot of fun and feel good knowing my car is reliable enough to do a couple hundred miles with ease...

6. xadamx

xadamx

7. Looks like a fun drive. Nothing like driving an old car through the hills and the shoreline....

8. Deadender60

Deadender60

Damn it! I missed out!

Anyone know a way of being in two places at once?

-Juan

9. Super04duty

Super04duty

Id like to come out on a run like this one of these days. What was average speed like? the Dodge will run before the Chevy, but itll only do about 50mph.

10. My Chevy with a 4:11 rear and a babbit pounder 216 made it OK. We were hitting 55-60 for brief periods on HWY 25 but most of the time I'd say I was doing 30-45 with some short bursts 55+ to close up the gap with the faster cars. We were in three groups fast, slow & slower (me!) and we all kept pace pretty well. I was surprised and pleased that the Chevy did well and kept up OK. Bring your Dodge out, you won't be sorry. And Juan you missed a good one!

11. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Sounds good Scotty.

Thanks for the pics.

BTW, what is on the ceiling of the 19th Hole?

Brian

12. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

dollars baby dollars......

13. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

Dollars, Peeling paint and business cards. lol

14. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

Thanks for the pictures guys and thanks for coming out. We had a good time and it was good to see you all and hope you all had a good time as well. See ya at the Road Zombies BBQ.-Romero

15. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

outside links suck... That being said... Great pics. Love the green chevy truck.

16. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

Anyways. Thanks XADAMX for the link to the pictures buddy.

17. Ramblux

Ramblux

I had a great time as well -- too bad I didn't have a fun car to drive though. :) By the time I rushed back home and picked up my wife and daughter, you guys were already way ahead of us, so we blasted down the 101 to try to head you guys off, but like Pancakes said I guess you guys cut the route a bit so by the time we got back to the 19th Hole you guys were halfway through lunch. haha I laid low, though, and got some killer driving shots. I'll stop by the shop some time this week and show you guys Romero.

18. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Looks like a great time and fun!

19. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

Hey right on mike! Yea if I'm not aroundjust give me a buzz. You know me I'm always around... Lurking : )
    -romero

20. johnnykck

johnnykck

Thanks to all the guys who came out to our run, we had a blast and can't wait to do it again next year!

21. Next year? Man I'm not waiting a whole nuther year to do this again!!!

22. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

thats what i'm thinking ,soon very soon....

23. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

WOW....that looks like a PERFECT frickin day! That tops a car show anytime in my book!