Register now to get rid of these ads!

The most amazing BARNFIND happened to me and my friend yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im looking for the truth here, i dont care where its from, just as logn as i find the TRUTH!

2. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Huh... I had never heard of these other coupes. I'm content to sit back and see where this goes.

Anyone out there ever seen that orange coupe before? Seems like it could be relatively easy to pick out of old photos with that tube frame and the gasser stance front end.

So were those photos (of the orange car) hanging on the wall of the shop then?

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Just pulling these from ones I saved...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Kevin check these out i found on another thread! it says it might be a peirson coupe that was sold without the front, maybe the way it was found when orange? not sure but wowza
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

no offense to anyone but there is for sure so big differences in the pictures for instance the front windshield,cowl,and windshield posts are very diffrent and the most important thing is that the orange coupe is chopped slightly more than the black coupe,......now call me crazy but ive seen people chop a car but ive never seen anybody unchop a car so like i said no offense and i dont mean to burst your bubble thats just my opinion

6. The kid said it was called Jitterbug, but he had never heard of jitterbug, or seen photos of it. Like he doubted the jitterbug existance, but here it is, this kinda adds to the story.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i have no doubt that it was SOMETHING special and historic. but i am really interested to find out what it actually is. it does seem to look a lot more similar to the jitterbug than the orange one.

9. well according to the owner, it was the jitterbug, then painted orange, then his dad unchopped it to make it street legal, and primered it black, you could see the orange paint coming through. so if the jitterbug ever became the orange car, it is the jitterbug i think. Anyone know who built the jitterbug?

10. Originally Posted by rocknrollratfink [​IMG]
    That was one of my great grandpa Harrry Duncans cars. Harry duncan was a contractor from southern Cali. He loved to blow his money on fast cars. He owned the "chrisman coupe" for a short while, you can find pix of it painted in purple on the boards just search "Harry Duncan" I have a photo album full of pix of that and other cars. If youd be interested let me know and ill post them.

11. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Funny, this is a COMPLETELY different car as the one claimed to be owned by the grandfather of rockandrollratfink in a different thread. He then posted pictures of the Chrisman Bros. coupe repainted by his grandfather. Honestly, this thread is a mess.

My take:

So Cal coupe - fully accounted for with history from Xydias, Moxley, Eisert, Travis, and finally Orosco

Pierson Bros. - Accounted for. Pierson, Cobb, Hadley, ???, Bryant, Bruce Meyers.

Chrisman Coupe - Unsure of full history offhand but did do time as a dumb looking Barris creation before being restored.

That orange coupe DOES look like the pictures of the Jitterbug in the places I was mentioning before. Specifically the shape of the beltline and how it swoops into the roof behind the door.

The black car in the new photos doesn't really look like it fits anywhere here. If it really is the reworked Jitterbug the roof, nose, everything just looks completely different now, which is a shame.

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

The car and all of those photos are a government conspiracy. The past actually never happened.

13. haha ya history can be messy, i learned that in grad school!

But i tell you what, the orange car looks to me to be jitterbug, a car of extreme historical importance.

The black car, is FACTUALY the orange car, ive seen it, ive seen the orange paint on it, the kid playing with the decklid latch is the man in the white shirt with the black car.

So that leaves
    Jitterbug (most likely is) = the orange car (facutally is the black car) before their dad bodyworked it.

Well something amazing was found, thats for sure. It appears to me to be a Crisman Brothers 34 coupe, Jitterbug.

man, these threads get messy, but it certainly is true we found something bad ass!

14. Area56

Area56
    from Oklahoma

It needs to be saved from the folks who brought it back to it's former glory? It's his friggin car, he can put wide tires on it if he wants to.

15. 31whitey

31whitey

Gotta love History....

and a good Story...

and this certainly has the makings of a great one....

at this point my only question is...

comedy, tragedy....or GLORY......?hahaha.....

16. HAHA! well it seems to be a little of all three so far.

17. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Got my interest for sure! Anxiously waiting for the dots to be connected.

18. 562roadster

562roadster

I agree with Possum...the orange coupe is chopped quite a bit more than the black coupe. Other than that, it's still cool as hell.

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This thread makes my head hurt...

Pretty damn cool find/story, regardless! :)

Malcolm

20. Moondog13

Moondog13

I second this! :D

21. billys54

billys54

I agree but its still cool.

22. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

cool story, nonetheless

23. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

I believe it! why wouldnt anyone believe that story especially with the handle "Loose Cannon ". Cannon? Chrisman? whoooo hey! ggg

24. I think Jeffery James nailed it with this one:
    [​IMG]

26...260..???
    Hairpins have the same flat spots as the ones Loosecannon has.... I'm guessing the hood/grille on the black car was changed at some point, maybe even added as none of the old pics in the OP show the front end (sheetmetal).

Hey, whatever, it's cool as shit. Just hope it doesn't burn up when the "lab" explodes....

25. So the kid playing with the deck lid is also seen on the back of the ramp truck. Who is the older man beside the kid? Anyone recognize him. If someone is able to put a name to the owner, it might ad some legitimacy to the story. Apparently the father in now deceased, that should also help with determining who the people are. It appears that Loose has probably been told not to reveal the wereabouts and who the owners are, but that doesn't mean we don't have enough info here to figure it out ourselves.

It appears that the car is located in San Luis Obispo and the owner(s) passed away a year or so ago...ring any bells?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  26. alchemy

alchemy

Somebody call Jerry Kugel and ask where his old coupe (pictured here) went to. And maybe he can tell you if this is the same car as the black one in this thread.

And the OP should tell us the name of the owner so we can see if he really is "SOMEBODY".

27. NoSurf

NoSurf

Alex Tremulis? Ventura CA?

28. Well the guy said that his dad built the hood and hood sides and grille because when the got it, ti didnt have any. and like i said, he cut the roof and back window to make it street legal, i mean what a shame!

29. im not sure the guys name, hey im all for helping out! it located just north of Ventura California on a ranch with a bunch of tractors vidable from the road. not sure hte exact place though

30. I agree, the hairpins look to be off the car that is apparently Jerry Kugels old car. The 26DC car. "He's not just somebody he IS somebody"? Maybe the friend you went with can remember his name...seems odd to me that you speak so highly of him being a "somebody" but don't remember who he is. Not trying to piss you off, just seems odd to me. If this is Kugels old car, is it possible that this "somebody" is actually Jerry Kugel himself?...anyone check Jerry's pulse in the last year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.