Register now to get rid of these ads!

Galaxie's done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigRed390, Apr 24, 2008.

1. lots/of/stuff

lots/of/stuff
    from Dallas, Tx

heres mine with BBC!!

2. Very, Very, Very NICE!!!!

3. 62boxtop

62boxtop

Very Cool!

4. 62boxtop

62boxtop

Mine is not nearly done. It now has a teardrop hood and is in the middle multiple engine mods on the Dove engine, Getting a 3:70 posi, Putting some mad dog headers on and maybe just maybe getting a stall converter. ~rubs hands together and laughs evily~

Attached Files:

5. Here is my 64 Custom. And the 65 Galaxie I use to have.

Attached Files:

6. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

anyone have any pictures of a galaxie with white wall cheater slicks on it but sittin on the ground!?!?!?

7. I like this one.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  8. KEITHMAN

KEITHMAN

Hey!

Here's a pic of my Dad's ol' '60 Starliner. Wimbledon or Corinthian white, don't remember exactly, with a blue interior. 360hp 352, factory solid cam, 3 speed on the column, Traction Masters, butyl tires, and header cutouts. It ran 13 secs. flat in the quarter. This was in 1960. Not to shabby I thought.

Bob 60 Ford.jpg

Only custom mod I was told about was the wash board was removed on the rear quarters. Thanks for the post. I don't get to talk of the Starliner much. I LOVE THIS CAR!!! Would LOVE to have one like Dad's. I'm lookin'!

Thanks! Have A Great Day!

9. TMoney

TMoney

Damn I miss my '63 500xl.

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

[​IMG]

My dad took this photo about forty years ago, I believe the car belonged to a friend or a friend’s parents. It’s a ‘60 Sunliner, and had a supercharged Y-block. Apparently there was a sticker somewhere with a leaping black panther and “Shawn Miller of Detroit” on it. The early-1960s version of Rousch?

-Dave

11. 64gal

64gal

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

12. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Show me more

13. damn, Bill. I had one like that in Caspian Blue in high school, except mine had different dog dish hubcaps. sweet little 289 and 3 on the the tree. I loved that car, and my sister totaled it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  14. 64gal

64gal

Sorry, I dont have any more on this computer, I'll have to work on getting my pics all in on place. I was trying to drag it, but driveline breakage has caused me to rethink that. I'm going to make it more street friendly and hopefully build a lighter drag car. It has a 390, big input 4 spd, 4:71 detroit locker, big solid lifter cam and CJ heads and forged pistons. If I re-do the clutch, and ring and pinion, it will drive much better. Regards,Tom.

15. John in Oz

John in Oz

Here's a pic of my Galaxie '66 convert I had and used to drag my roadster around with while I was building it. I sold the car to my nephew in New Zealand and it had about 67,000 miles on it when I sold it. All th emechanicals had been rebuilt and then his brother took it to work one night and the car got hit by a drunk driver and the insurance wrote the car off which he in turn bought it back and then gathered everything for a rebuild and sold it to a guy who is rebuilding it. That had a 352 in and when the engine was rebuilt it was balanced etc and went fairly hard. In hind sight I should have kept that car but hey it was going to be staying in tha family.

[​IMG]

16. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Definitely not practical or even possible to build, let alone
    operate something similar now, but the most outragoulsly
    "done-right' (or maybe just plain 'outrageous'!) Galaxie I
    have ever seen, has to be the 'Tobacco King" '64 Galaxie
    of the late Bill Reynolds! - with a Latham-blown 427 -
    *PLUS* - a 1000 hp rocket-driven Turbonique drag axle!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek:

www.autoblog.com/2008/04/04/auction-action-reynolds-tobacco-king-rocket-axle-car-on-the/

============================================

17. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

here is mine... a few pics.. takin air out soon in favor of an aircraft hydraulic setup i have put together.. i have 3 other sets of wheels for it too, and i need to put my skirts on..

pics are from last year.. video is a quick shot of the new paint while its still in the works.. redoing the interior as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpsX1n940cU

Attached Files:

18. P Anderson did a photo shoot with this old Gal right after we sold it.

Attached Files:

19. J-lopy Kid

J-lopy Kid

Currently I have a few 1960 starliners; and, some are parts cars. A while back somebody posted a 62 with a photo shopped starliner roof; and it looked good... Fred Lorenzen did one for the 62 season and hacked on a starliner roof.... Anyhow, the 62 seems to be the last body style (to me) that can really pull off the starliner roof; and I would love to see somebody do it. The 63 may get away with it but I like it as it is; the 64 is just plain good looking as it is and the sharpness in the body lines really compliments the sharpness in the roof. My vote (If I have one) is for a starliner roof, and make that 62 a hardtop if it is not already.

20. Wreckingball

Wreckingball

Here is my 67 500, 428 with Edelbrok aluminum CJ style heads, 3X2 Holleys, NOS multicarb cheater system, 4sp, 3.73 rear, Hooker headers.
    Full Cobra dress-up including the oil pan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a little vid of it you need to turn your speakers up!:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeF9D6AzrRU

21. jughead2

jughead2
    from tenn.

61 starliner was always my favorite. a buddy had one 390-375 hp. we raced it for a while i tuned he drove. 14.80s street tires drove it to work every day raced it sat. nites. that was long time ago.

22. C-Jack

C-Jack
    from Stanton Ca

my daily driver far from perfect but i dont see many four doors on this thread

[​IMG]

23. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

With a galaxie, low and slow is the way to go.

24. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

A friend of mine built this a couple of years ago and he wasn't afraid of using it. One of my better memories of it was when I was overtaken on the highway and a ricer turbo this a that roared away, and this big nasty Galaxie was following it flat out. The car had all the right parts in it, 428 CJ, Toploader etc etc. It's now sold to France!!

Attached Files:

25. Slow&Low

Slow&Low

26. lowgalaxie

lowgalaxie

here is a newer pic of mine...................

Attached Files:

27. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Crushproof did a nice one, silver with candy red top...anyone got pics of that?

28. el shad

el shad

Not a Galaxie per-say........... BUT CLOSE!

Attached Files:

29. Racewriter

Racewriter

Great thread! I had a '67 fastback with a 428PI engine that I had to sell, and still regret. I just bought a '68 Mercury Monterey fastback with 95,000 miles that was quickly deemed "non HAMB Friendly" when I posted about the score.

30. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Here ya go....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]