Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plymouth flooring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quadcamiron, May 26, 2010.

1. quadcamiron

quadcamiron

Ive search and searched and coming up with nothing! Just wondering if anybody out there makes repop floor pans for 53-54 Plymouths or am Im going to have to hammer them out myself?

2. classicparts4u on Evilbay.

He makes both front and rear floor panels

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

stay away from that "classicpartsforyou"guy. all he sells is crap. flat sheet metal cut roughly to shape with a few crummy beads rolled into it. useless crap.

I did a 52 Chevy where the guy said he had purchased floor and trunk pans and he shows up with this garbage. if your plan is to screw some metal to the floor and maybe put some caulking around it go ahead and waste your money.

if you want it done right stay away. garbage. crap. rip-off. junk.

hammer them out yourself, or find some originals to cut out of another car.

...or look at STAMPED repop floor pans from another car and see if you could adapt them.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

perfect example right here:

[​IMG]

they call this a trunk pan for a 49-52 Chevy. stock trunk floors have several deep beads for strength, as well as 2 braces underneath, which also hold the gas tank. also missing is the depressions on the top side where the gas tank mounting holes are. this one has 3 weak beads, no access for the spare tire well. if your rust even slightly climbed up the sides a bit you need to add a piece to fill the gap since thisa is just flat sheet.

$75.00 for this junk.

one more thing... if you are not doing the work yourself always talk to the guy doing it before buying patch panels, regardless of the car or area that is damaged

5. quadcamiron

quadcamiron

Thanks for the heads up ratfink. Ill probably just hammer them out myself. It'll be a helluva learning expierence!

6. adam401

adam401

I owned a 54 plymouth 2 dorr hard top like 6 years ago and had a real hard time finding sheet metal. Never did find the floors. My wife bought me aftermarket outer rockers on ebay. Very nice of her but they fit terrible.

7. Daves 48 Special

Daves 48 Special

There is a website called Classic 2 Current they might have your floor pan.

8. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

RCarFabrications.com

9. 73RR

73RR

Scott, C&C Collision Center, 541-317-8468, did a major repair on a 53 Dodge last year and found floor panels...no doubt long distance calls are free on your cell phone.

10. rbmain

rbmain
    from Newark, CA

The demand is so weak, and those who need them are cheap. So there are no stamped panels available. Best bet is to tear up a parts car and hammer the patches needed to stitch in the margins.

11. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Try the plymouthdoctor he makes some don;t know what years are included but he does do early 50's.

12. slicknapier

slicknapier
    from Tucson, AZ

I found some for my 51 plymouth, but it was looking like $1000 to buy them all. That wasn't about to happen. I borrowed a bead roller and went to town on mine. It's definitely not perfect, but it was my first time and a good learning experience! A little time consuming, but probably spent under $100 on it. O yah it's 18 guage steel.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  13. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

14. quadcamiron

quadcamiron

Awesome! Thanks guys! I'll be pickin some up here o the next few weeks and I'll post picks as I start puting em in!