Register now to get rid of these ads!

Latest Retirement Project-Chopped A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Psych, May 1, 2010.

1. NITRONOVA

NITRONOVA

The car is even better in person! As always your work impresses me! You have been a great mentor to me over the years! Thanks for all your knowledge that you have shared with me!

2. Dave50

Dave50

I am reading your mind thats what i wanted to do to my coupe and alot of what you haev done i was doing or gonna do awesome job maybe i will swap you for my coupe etc :) We need more pics?? ;)

3. Psych

Psych

Progress is being made. A few more pictures. The interior is in all except for the carpet. The seat is a Model A rumble seat that was modified to fit squarely over the torque tube hump. The interior panels are covered in the same material (black vinyl). Grille and radiator have been installed. The SW gauges are in the dash and the whole unit will be installed in a couple of days. No tach, but you can see the rev limiter on the ignition box.
    More to come.

Attached Files:

4. bobscogin

bobscogin

You gonna run a fan mounted on the alternator? If so, tell me about the pulley. If not, what fan set up will you use?

Bob

5. To much talent to be your last!! Great job.

6. Psych

Psych

Here is a picture of the electric fan between the radiator and grille. The alternator actually has the correct pulley to mount an original 1934 fan, but there is absolutely no room between the electronic distributor and the radiator. The guy that makes the alternator conversion for flatheads turns the armature shaft to fit the correct flathead pulley, that way it will work in an original flathead setup.

Attached Files:

7. Psych

Psych

Dash and steering went in today. Steering wheel is from a 1937 Ford stockcar that was raced locally. Used a modified 36 horn button. Dash is wired (95%) and all is systems are being tested. More to come.

Attached Files:

8. Psych

Psych

Something about a car in fresh clearcoat. The guys were ragging on me for putting the headers too close to the body. I don't think they are right, but that gave me an idea to "beat the heat". I had Carl from Cain's Hotrods come over and airbrush in some singed
    paint and small traditional flames. The black, grey ,white and yellow look good against the bright orange paint. Final assembly and testing start Monday. More to come.

Attached Files:

9. Psych

Psych

Four coats of Bright Orange basecoat, five coats of Clearcoat and two days of sanding and buffing. Will turn the key in a couple of days and will see what happens. Stay tuned.

Attached Files:

10. shoebox50

shoebox50

11. Doug B

Doug B

Maybe I should retire....then I might get something done on my car :/ ..Your ride is looking good,man.

12. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

Great Coupe, Wanna trade for a sedan... I'll deliver! No charge....

Jeff

13. Psych

Psych

Thanks for the compliment, however I won't respond to offers on this thread. In a few days when the car is the way I want it, I will post pictures of the completed car on this thread. I will then start a new thread on H.A.M.B. classifieds.

14. Great job man, a lot of skill and talent right there. awesome.:)

15. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

For Sure, I understand. I'll be waiting.

Love your Coupe.

Jeff

16. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

Exhaust work looks pretty cool..

17. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

PSYCH...as one older gentleman to another. my friend you may be surprised how much you could get for that coupe. you have a great way of keeping yourself active, but it can be VERY profitable. would you believe a NEW metal coupe body alone could cost $20,000.00. just thaught you should know...POP.

18. Psych

Psych

Thanks for the info.

19. Psych

Psych

Here are some pictures of the completed car. Its time to start a new project. In the next day or two I will be starting a new thread on the H.A.M.B. classifieds, For Sale section.
    As stated in my first post, the car will be offered for even trade. If there are no interesting trades there will be a For Sale price. Thanks for all of your encouragement and positive comments.

Attached Files:

20. Psych

Psych

The Retirement Coupe has been posted For Trade or Sale on the H.A.M.B. Cars for Sale Thread.