Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fayetteville HAMB n' Eggs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dick's Beaters, May 25, 2010.

1. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

I went to Maxton last week and talked to fellow HAMBers from the RDCC Devil's Brigade along with Elgato Road Devil (Forward Deployed), Dudley32 and Buff and its time we start doing something local.

Time: 26 June 10 @ 8:00 AM
    Place: IHOP at the end of Skibo

Now I was thinking about 26 June until I saw that it was the same day as the ECTA's June event, but if the Fayettevilans meet up, eat Breakfast and Convoy to Maxton in force that could work too.

I hope to have the Comet back on the road and I know that Buff may have the Fairlane driving but if the cars in the Garage, c'mon out in the ol'lady's ride.

There's a ton of shit to talk about and info to swap about upcomming shows, events, Junkyards and of course Projects.

Who's down?

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. dudley32

dudley32

Sounds Good....I'll have to check my work schedule...d32

3. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Hey Duke,
    Do you think the roadster will be there if you can make it?

4. dudley32

dudley32

5. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Cool, if you need a couple of hands, John and I will help. Is Scott driving anything?

6. jroberts

jroberts

I would love to join you guys but I am not going to be able to go to Maxton in June. When I do go I go down Friday afternoon to help set up the track, so as good as the Saturday breakfast and cruise down to Maxton won't work for me. I would like to join you guys when you get together sometime.

7. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Yeah, maybe that particular Saturday is going to be a conflict for some. Nothing in stone yet, Just floating the Idea around.

8. elgato65

elgato65

I'll be good for this towards the end of August, and fairly regularly after that. Also - check out http://www.facebook.com/RDCCDevilsBrigade -- we're based out of Fayetteville, so most of the fellas are on there. I think it's a great idea, and I'm really looking forward to it.

9. Buff

Buff

sounds like a plan, is there a smaller mom and pop breakfast joint we can meet at? They seem to work out better and have better service. We should do this every saturday morning. I should be able to drive the fairlane if i can get the leaks under control.

John

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Sorry but Dick's Beaters has to be the best HAMB name I have seen yet.

11. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Thank's Royalshifter, If I open a used car lot that'll be the name.

Hey John, you going to drive the Fairlane all the way from Afghanistan? (Change your location Knucklehead!) Yeah, a Mom and Pop place would have better service Martha Stewart, but.... IHOP has good parking and easy to find. For the first one lets make it Telli-Tubbi easy. That being said what did you have in mind? I still lova ya man.

12. elgato65

elgato65

Yeah Buff -- we had talked about the Haymont, but Dick brought up a great point that the parking would really suck - I think he and Geoff (one of the local RDs) have a good point - IHOP has pretty good parking there, and I think we'll get decent service there. If you have any idea on a joint with good parking and good service, I know I'm all ears...

13. pauls fords

pauls fords

Will someone pm me with the time and place, not far from where ya'll are, I'm up for it.

14. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

Paul I pm'd you the time, date and place. Also edited the first post.

15. elgato65

elgato65

Still a few months left outta town for me but I'd love to see this get off the ground.

16. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

The engine in my Comet crapped out so I may have to drive an Non HAMB friendly 97 F350. I've got the 289 in the machine shop now and maybe it'll be in by the 26th but I doubt it. Sucks. John's Fairlane ain't runng good either. Man, what a drag.

17. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

btt,

Probably not alot of participation in this one but we'll still do B'fast and then off to Maxton.