Register now to get rid of these ads!

ORANGE Jalopy coupe!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seret, May 27, 2010.

1. Wait until you do have a problem - like a blown wheel cylinder and you have no brakes at all. I agree if you keep your brakes in good condition you probably will never have a problem, but what if you do?

I was responding to the post that made it sound like the car had every safety feature available on it and still looked traditional - I beg to differ that's all.

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thankfully everyone likes different things, eh? Like your avatar - T with huge meats and mags.

The high and mighty look isn't for everyone, but I dig it!

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  3. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

SERET...talk about old school. that rod could be the POSTER CAR for H.A.M.B...POP.

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

It's funny, Matt was asking me if people would "get" the coupe. I told you they would bastard!

All business, all attitude. No fluff, no filler. All cool!

5. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

6. Brahm

Brahm

I dig it, and dislike it at the same time. In some shots it looks amazing, in others it looks squished (high boy + radical chop).

7. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

I don't get it. You should have channeled it..

8. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

This is a nice jolopy..

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

And had it lower in the back than in the front. I know, without the tires over the decklid, it's lame.

10. I think I love it.

11. GOD!

GOD!
    from Above

You have my approval

12. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

If I had built that in my backyard in 1958 it probably would have looked just like that. I think you nailed it.

13. S.Sutherland

S.Sutherland
    from Fontana,CA

Bad Ass car...
    BTW, the one pot master contributes an awful lot to this car's look and if you do have an issue with it and know how to DRIVE it's not a problem. Not fun, but doable. I lost one at 3:00 in the afternoon, on a weekday, (in heavy traffic) and made it home in one piece...
    FWIW every one that has a brain runs at least lap belts in their car...

14. seret

seret

Done! its now channeled, air bagged in the rear, extended the front of the frame to get 130" wheelbase, suicide spring with disc brakes and a spiderweb grill shell. Oh! also a 4 ft. shifter with a rat skull shift knob, 15" cragers, wide wite radial tires, 10" exaust tips (for the flame throwers). I striped all the paint off and sprayed it with salt water. cut one door skin off and riveted on a street sign. You know traditional.

15. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

BWAHAHAHHAH......duuude that's sooo OSR. Did you chop it some more as well?
    I heard that in order to be in the Kool Kat Klub that is a pre-requsite.
    When are you going to put the deisel motor in it? ..

All that extra coolness aside ,Neat little jalopy though ... yep it's a jalopy.

Rome

16. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

The color reminds me of this place.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. I'm not usually a Model A fan, but I think your coupe awesome! The flipped firewall bolted back in is bitchin' and I love the square roll bar. It reminds me of early sixties drag racing when safety was number two and making sure your car passed tech, so you could race, was number one.

18. Welp now I know what Im building next. GOD DAMN!!!!

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You nailed the look you were after. I can visualize a group of guys putting that one together in the owner's folks back yard right under the big maple tree that they used for an engine hoist.

20. I dig it. Hey if anyone doesn't like my car you are welcome to come over and make me an offer I can't refuse and build it your way. That is what makes this so much fun you can do it your way, there all different. Vanilla ice cream gets old after awhile.

21. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

I get it. Just the right amount of Attitude to keep the citizens from getting too close. Looks great with or without the hood. Well done,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ya didn't even detail the engine, it sits too high, it's chopped too much, the exhaust is funky, a home-made dash-panel that anyone could make, your horn-button is busted, and the rear axle is too wide.

You're a genious.

23. seret

seret

You Sir. got it.
    <p>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

pure inspiration....not just for this specific genre of hot rod, but for all of us!!

25. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Matt - I like the car, and you do great work. I'm just not a fan of the auto trans.

26. nifty

nifty
    from UK

I'm liking it but then I'm biased, chopped A coupe hiboy always gets my vote. When I saw the first pics I thought it was a survivor, amazed to read that it took 4 weeks and it's a new build. Nice one!

27. seret

seret

I dont like it myself, I have a M21, 4 spd for it, I just have to make some linkage.

28. chopt49

chopt49

damn... I am so diggin this ride....

Perfection. You nailed it.

29. I can't stop looking at it. Do you have any more pictures of some closeup stuff? Bracketry and what not?

30. HRS

HRS

Oh, man...