Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trailer Trash, or, Tinned Canned Hamb's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, May 26, 2010.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Last weekend was the Tin Can Tourists spring ralley in Milford, and again, the weekend was the most fun you can have in a trailer park with your clothes on. And, that's saying something!

Check out the Tin Canned Tourists website for hundreds of pics, or just click the link to my blog for my ramblings...

Trailers are cool!

http://flynbrian48.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/tin-canned-hambs/

Attached Files:

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

love it. nice ponty too.

i freaking love old trailers.

3. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

I love to see old cars pulling camper.

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Check this Packard out. Paxton supercharged straight eight, 5 spd, disk brakes (behind the original backing plates), fuel injected. LOTS of old tow rigs at the show, it's always fun.

Brian

Attached Files:

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I would love to build one of these that would be set up to haul behind my A with
    My motorcycle in it. , pull the bike out, set up camp.
    have best of both worlds, camper,cycle hauler.
    nice back up for long runs too.

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

From the vintage photo thread.... my new screen saver! Isn't this a hoot? I think I'm gonna need a trailer just like this one, only perhaps double the size. Later, Gary

[​IMG]

7. Bull

Bull

Very cool. The wife and I have the teardrop loaded up for this weekend. Can't wait for the 5 o'clock bell to hit the road!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mac762

mac762

What are they doing with a blow up doll in the back seat? Shouldn't that be hidden in the trailer?

9. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

mines my avator...77 scotty

10. Don't mean to be nasty Bull but are you towing that sweet teardrop with a refrigerator or what the heck is it, ha,ha? Just messing with you, I still really like the camper....
    Enjoy the weekend.

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That's funny right there! What a hoot!

12. Man that poncho woody rig is awesome. I know how that great ride feels. Just put the first 500 worry free miles on our '59 Apache & matching "mystery wagon". Took her to the Jalopy Showdown, what a blast! Trailers ARE hip.:cool:

Attached Files:

13. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Car pool lane requirement...........................

14. Bull

Bull

Just until I get the hitch on this . . .
    [​IMG]

15. Ed Zackley

Ed Zackley
    from Hokeyhomey

Man! That's a nice car!

16. NoSurf

NoSurf

Here's a pic I snapped at the Eisenhower Center a couple years ago:

[​IMG]

17. i just scored a 4' x 7' flat bed trailer for $75 bucks,,,nice angle frame box with a square tube axel...very well built...it will be the base platform for a mini tear drop i'm building to pull cross country with my hemi'ed 1938 fiat topolino....

Bull i was wondering if you know what the tounge weight is on your tear drop..looks like one from over at Bubba's trailers here on the web.....

18. I gotta do a lotta work on my 39 bender travel mansion,really want a spartan

Attached Files:

19. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Man, that thing is COOL. Is that a rear trunk? Pretty neat, lets see some more photos, huh?

Brian

20. WELL heres a couple more angles and the only other pic Ive found......word is there are only a handful left in the country.........

Attached Files:

21. OK Bull, you've really redeemed yourself with that way kool Roadster! Excellent choice of machinery indeed.

22. Bull

Bull

My trailer is Bubba's old trailer. He sold it to MercDeuceMan who i bought it from. The weight of the trailer is around 700lbs with tongue weight being under 100lbs. I can lift the tongue and move the trailer pretty easily myself.

23. synthsis

synthsis

Here's a shot of my Scotty gettin some new tires. Not a glamorous shot, but you can see what we camp in. Actually taking it out again this weekend. Unemployment has finally given me my weekends back to do what I wish.

[​IMG]

24. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

There's a trailer sitting on a guy's property here in town... doesn't look far gone at all. It's a bit bigger, and a little boxier than the one above (synthsis's). I REALLY want it to pull behind my '62 Suburban!

-Brad

25. howco

howco

synth
    My wife and I restored an old Shasta a few years back, went with the turquoise and white like yours, right down to the Melmac ware on the table, was a fun ride.........

26. Super04duty

Super04duty

Awesome site. Id consider giving up a nut, or a finger for a Spartan Manor tandem. I think it would look nice behind either the Chevy or the Dodge.

27. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My trailer story doesnt end well.I had a 56 Airstream 20'er.Needed to be gutted and redone but the outside was very nice.Always had thoughts of pulling it behind mt 47 Olds someday.Well when you go racing,money gets tight.I ended up selling the "can" to pay for engine build for my sons microsprint.Went to "thee" guy and hoped to get all the bells and whistles and kick some butt.Seemed to be going good but soon started having problems then it took a shit.I should have known when their dyno broke the trans when we tested it.And he made me pay for new parts.Long story short.He DIDNT know swat on how to build one of these 125 Hondas.Had the guy I should have gone to fix it but by that time the season was too far gone.Ended up using spare engine(old) and the bumb wouldnt do anything for us.I sold my airstream for $3000 and might as well took it the junkyard.I am glad the lady that bought it loves it,but just kills me all that money pissed away. I need some quiet time now.
    Sucking it up Jim F

28. wright

wright
    from illinois

Just got my teardrop street legal this past weekend.

Attached Files:

29. nic teardrop..looks great behind your wagon!!!!

30. nice teardrop..looks great behind your wagon!!!!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010