Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dixie Dragfest & Hot Rod Pallooza!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PossumJR., May 6, 2010.

1. Bluefoot

Bluefoot

jr. tell your dad I'll be there in the formaly burnt runt rod, thanks to some of the black widows of bluesville, (great group of guys & gals) they and a few others put the runt rod back together so i riding again, and i promise not to take the ,very fast,lol, kooler (think it was like 3min pass) thou i do love my slow pass trophy seee ya sat

2. possumkiller

possumkiller

Spike Possum Sr, would like to thank you for the apology. I have stayed out of the comments. I would like to say my son is as died in the wool hotrodder as you will ever meet. he was raised in it from birth. I would like to say for all of us Sr motorheads. what allowed me and Im sure most of us to become motorheds was a dad or local hotrodder who helped us or incouraged us along the way not downed us for not knowing proper hotrod edicate. Lets remember we were the eager youth at one time. If we want to see our traditional ways stay alive its our job to teach and mentor these young guys not push them away with attitude. Attitude reflects leadership. Lets dont kill traditional hotrodding by building a wall between us and it's future. Just so you will know this is a non profit event we use the money to help a needy hotrodder from our local area. I am issuing you a personal invite at no cost to our event.

3. Spike!

Spike!

Thanks for the invite and your insights. I work a full time job and have limited finances, so making it to the event is not possible, but I would be happy to make a trophy that can be presented to the car you feel is worthy of an award of some kind (if you do that sort of thing). I would be happy to help out if at all possible.

Spike

4. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I hope the weather is good for this weekend.

I'm anxious to find out what my truck will run.

5. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Forecast looks great hope you can make it!

6. possumkiller

possumkiller

Thanks for the offer and we do make our own trophies but we are covered for this year. We do a fall event called the Turkey Drags maybe for that. Ill stay in touch. By the way will you be in Bowling Green for the HRR. If so maybe we could meet each other.

7. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

8. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was the cars' street tires!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yep, I was there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

We appreciate you comin hope you had a great time even though the turnout was not what we had expected we had a great time! We are looking forward to the turkey drags in november!

10. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Yep, we had a nice time. We will probably be back for the Novemebr event.

11. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

What is the date for the November event? I hope I haven't missed it.