Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford Craigslist Find. Trash or Treasure??????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billylo, May 27, 2010.

1. billylo

billylo

Well it's home!! I didn't know what I was going to look at, because of the vague discription. But sure enough it really was a 32 5 window body, turned roadster. It only had a model A frame, but it did come with some cool parts. Dash, grille, and a 4 bolt main 350 with pop-up pistons and Isky cam. Oh yea and the Hella cool valve covers!!! :D I have always dreamed of a 32 roadster could this be it? But I just don't know if its worth my time. Maybe it would serve better to use as parts? What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anyone help identify this dash cluster insert?

[​IMG]

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

3. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

trash? are you kidding me?! thats badass!!!!!! lucky..... channel it over the a frame and you got yourself a SWEET ride. lose those wheels and valve covers though....

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Superb valve covers.

5. billylo

billylo

I knew you would love the valve covers. :)

6. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Unless they are re-pops your hood sides might be worth what the rest of it is.

7. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

that would make a cool channled roadster. run a duvall windshield:D

8. I personally think the valve covers make the project :D

9. billylo

billylo

Hood sides are repop almost certain. Don't think my heart didn't jump when I first saw them though....

10. casper

casper

Sell me the hood, dash and the grille !!! Seriously, you made a great purchase!

11. Carter

Carter

Looks like 25 louver hood sides and that chromed dash is cool as hell.
    Just needs some better gauges in the insert.

12. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Where did you have to go to get this stuff? I thought I kept a pretty good eye on craigslist...never saw that.

13. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Treasure for sure now put your style on it . Devail type windshield [ i know i spelled it wrong]

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

A few guys here on the HAMB sure could use those rear quarters. The hood, grille and dash are the best parts in the deal. I should start reading Craigs List.

15. like it...but damn those Mustang tail lights...a buddy still runs them on a 31 cpe...a big hole to file...

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

Are the front and rear louver on the hood sides open or closed ?,.... If they are closed, you have the real deal !

17. billylo

billylo

Nice eye! That's exactly what they are.

18. Trash ... and I'll be right over to pick it up for you! :)

[​IMG]

19. billylo

billylo

The reason I believe they are aftermarket is because the first two louvers closest to the grille should be shorter, in order to clear the latch. These all look to be the same lenght to me. I wish I had the money to have Mr. Brian Bass bring it back to live as a roadster.

20. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since it will never be a real roadster, just build it the way you desire!---From the looks of the pix, you really have your work cut out!! Good luck, show us pix of building as you proceed!----------Don

21. LowFat48

LowFat48

The instrument panel is a 1934 Packard V-12

22. T42

T42

Well ya at least got some good parts with it.....32 Ford or not, I hope you didnt pay very much for it......they couldnt have paid me to take it home....

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Stick around and do some reading, here and on eBay:eek:

24. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Gee, Id be happy to take that home, not much like it floating around down here. Looks like it has some "history"

25. spence-d

spence-d

26. I'm always secretly happy to read stuff like this because I make money off the stuff some guys couldn't be paid to take.

27. billylo

billylo

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

28. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

looks like you have your work cut out for you ! keep us posted ! those valve covers will make excelent wheel chocks while you work on it !:D

29. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Sell that 34 Lincoln dash and start looking for a 32 5/w roof and then some doors, (if you think you can open up those doors). How heavily welded up are they? At least they didn't weld in the deck lid. Plenty of 5/w buildes here that would kill for those quarters.
    While you're waiting for parts you could get a set of 32 rails and start building a chassis. Or as mentioned, drop that body as is on the chassis and start building a traditional runner. Lots of options.

30. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

billy! welcome to the club! there's three others on the forum that i know of with cut down 32 5 windows. your car looks VERY close to what my car looked like when I bought it. Mine was built originally in 1959 (came with a homebuilt title) they use exhaust tubing around the beltline?? mine was kinda cobbed together there. it was even channeled over model A rails as well. When you get them together they end up looking quite like a cabriolet. the proportions are a little screwy without a top because there is no panel between the trunk lid and the interior although this makes them MUCH better for taller people. I'm only 5'8" so I've got 12" package tray behind my seat but even still my buddy who is 6' 4" will be able to drive my car without moving the seat. I chose to make a carson top for mine. Hopefully the other guys will chime in with pics of there's as well.

Attached Files: