Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford or Mopar powered Chevys.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuck Most, May 27, 2010.

1. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

Am I the only guy who's sick of seeing Chevy motors in Fords. (And Mopars?) Better question, is anyone else plotting revenge, or better has anybody built a Ford or Mopar powered Chevy rod?

Please say yes, and please post some photos (or links to some photos) of it for us, will ya?

2. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Not a rod, but there is a killer quick 69 Camaro that runs at Milan Mi that has a BBF in it. :) LOVE IT!!!!!

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the fact that someone even feels the need to do a post like this tells you it's wrong.

4. REM/Mo

REM/Mo
    from Missouri

Not mine.
    I saved the pic off the net somewhere.
    Kind of cool though.

[​IMG]

5. teddyp

teddyp

there are afew cars that are chevy,s with ford or mopar drive trains but most that build them are people who like ford or mopar drive trains and that year chevy body and that,s cool same as the people that build fords with chevy drive trains or mopars just can,t see the big deal with it?

6. Zerk

Zerk

The box Nova's engine compartment and front suspension were more like small Fords than Chevys. It seems like they were designed for an SBF. A front oil pan sump, narrow engine to fit between the shock towers, and maybe just a tad lighter than an SBC.

7. shemp

shemp
    Alliance Vendor

I used to have a '68 GTO with a 318 and a torqueflite. Not because I'm in love with Chrysler products, because that's all I had. I used run pretty good too.

8. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I know rebel rodz is frowned on here but there's a 47-54 Chevy pick-up in it with a BBF from May I believe... Pretty good lookin pick-up, and I also seen Bad Bobs Merc in there somewhere too!

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  9. Yep, only see one in the rear view!:D

10. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I like 58 chevys and wound up w/one in a trade deal ( I started a build thread on it here on the HAMB), but because I hate Chevy engines the only way I will build and keep the car is by putting a ford motor in it. So that is my plan.

I even have a complete rebuilt Chevy 350, and trans sitting behind it that I wound up with, but I'll be damn if it goes in the 58.

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I've been thinking about putting a 440 Mopar into my '57 Chevy truck... but I currently have a 283 Chevy in my '31 Ford roadster...

12. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Wow! That's just wrong...I wouldn't do that to a Ford motor.

13. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I HAD A 58 CHEVY APACHE SHORT BED FLEETSIDE W/ A BIG BLOCK PONTIAC IN IT . RAN GOOD, LOOKED GOOD . WAS'NT A BOWTIE. enough said.

14. Exactly :D

15. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

there used to be a 49-52 chevy fastback chopped around my neck of the woods years ago that had a 302 ford in it.....the license plate was no ekg.......it made everyone mad i thought it was great...........................john

16. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Someday, once I find a '57 150 (or 210) sedan, it's getting an injected 440 Mopar, A-833 4-speed, 8 3/4.....as well as a tilt frontend and straight axle....:D

17. mac762

mac762

This is one of the dumber things I've seen. Your goal in life is to go faster, not slower. I think?

18. mopargnome

mopargnome

I like the way you think! I have always wanted to do a 57 bel air convertible that looks bone stock on the outside but when the hood opens there is a big bad hemi sitting in there.

19. teddyp

teddyp

are you talking about the green one that he chopped ? i met him at the old time drags at e-town did he ever get it to run right the install was done nice he came to wotsra in pa.too thats what i,m talking about he like chevy fast backs and he also like ford engine,s

20. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I've seen several Chevy pickups with Ford motors at shows in this area. Based on my conversations with these people they tend to be ones who are offended by all the Chevy motors found in Fords and Mopars.

I'm a GM guy and would have trouble putting any not made by GM in anything I built. Today I'm putting a Caddy 500 in a GMC so everything is in the family.

21. moefuzz

moefuzz

WOW!

It's too bad GM didn't think of that (instead of the small block)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

22. moefuzz

moefuzz

Insane, if you were about 2500 miles closer I would even give you a fresh engine to go in it.

Personally, I wouldn't do this myself due to the fact that gm built so many ugly cars and all

;)

23. 69fury

69fury

little bit of the wrong direction here, but i've got a small block Dodge, trans and rear in a 61 Ford Falcon Gasser that has a 65 Chevy front axle.

little bit of Jeep steering in there, too

24. Freeman1938

Freeman1938

I had a 1968 Chevelle SS396 with a 392 Hemi in it when I lived in Salem, OR. Engine had all the right toys. Can't find my pictures, but I sold it a few years ago to a fellow in Idaho Falls, ID.

25. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Thanks, and if you were closer I'd take you up on it. I've got a 71 400m in a car car right now that I was thinking of putting in the 58, but I'm leaning more to putting it in a 57 ranchero project.

Rest assured my 58 will be Ford powered.

26. RDR

RDR

this 47 Fleetline is a unibody/Chrysler floorpan with 360 Mopar...also have a local in town that has a '57 Chev 150 with a 392 Hemi in it...and the coup D'gras was when Clarence Everett of Salem, OR (RIP) ran a Camaro in the 70s in XF/Gas class at B'ville with the 300" Flathead that had held the XF/STR record from 1970 something 'til about 1990 something..!! :eek::p

Attached Files:

27. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

AMEN!
    Only a Chumlee would consider such a thing!

28. George

George

Don't have a pic, but a guy around here had a 50s Suburban with a 428 in it.

29. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

yup thats the car, with the graphics running down the side of it............not too sure if its running corectly, i havent seen that car around in a long time...................john

30. rusty_bits

rusty_bits

I will post a photo later when I can, but I have a 1948 Ford F-1 that I have put a 1997 Dodge Magnum multi port fuel injected 318 cu/in with 4 spd auto in. regards