Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fatman Mustang II w bags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OLSKOOLCHEVY, May 26, 2010.

1. OLSKOOLCHEVY

OLSKOOLCHEVY
    from Idaho

i would like to know if anybody has installed a dominator 2600 bag on one of these, i'm trying to get the most lift as i can...wondering if these will fit or be too wide. thanks

MII kit is in the mail but not getting the bags yet just trying to figure which ones.

2. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

why dont you just bulid your cups to compensate how much lift you want, instead of trying to squeeze some expensive bags in there, way easier and more practial.

3. OLSKOOLCHEVY

OLSKOOLCHEVY
    from Idaho

i was planning on doing that to get all the stroke out of the bag as possible, i really don't know how much travel the arms will have before they bottom out on the tower or etc...might not even be able to use such a large stroke anyways. thanks rustypipes for input, anyone else??

4. I plan to use the Dominator 2500 or 2600's too but wont have enough for the Fatman kit for a few months so I'm no help for now

5. chopnweld

chopnweld
    from Nor Cal

If your mII is the same fatman they sell for mercs, you will have trouble with any bag bigger than slam specialties re6's. check the diameter of those 2600s as i think they are 7 or so inches and will not fit. double check with other hambers but I think i am right as i went though all this about 4 months ago. I included a pic of my merc with the fatman MII. good luck!

Attached Files:

6. OLSKOOLCHEVY

OLSKOOLCHEVY
    from Idaho

ya, from what i've read the dominators 2600 are 8 in. that one on your merc looks pretty similar so might have to go smaller....or maybe i'll give alex gambino a call to see what he knows. thanks.

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Slam Specialties now offers the SS-6, which has one more inch of travel over the RE-6, with the same diameter. The stroke of the SS-6 is 8.3" v.s. the 9.7" of the Dominator 2600.

Don't forget, the stroke of the bag might be 8.3", but it is about half-way down the lever that is the control arm. The travel at the wheel will be quite a bit more than that.

8. OLSKOOLCHEVY

OLSKOOLCHEVY
    from Idaho

very true thanks for bringing that up.