Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rust! @ the revival......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Agent009, May 23, 2010.

1. bob cutler

bob cutler

zman You are good at posting everybody else i have to give you that.I will leave this site, if you are one of the main representatives for the hamb i would say you do not do it justice. Seems to me that there is good people on here but a holes like you run them off, move out of your mom and dads basement and get a life dude.

2. Breeder and the Kropdusters, you put on an awesome show again this year!!!

Bob, glad you made it to the show. Zman is just a hater!! Don't pay no attention to him, I think that is his way of getting his post count up by trying to argue with anyone that puts up with his crap. ----I will not answer back to his foolishness anymore!! See ya around at the shows this summer Bob!!

3. bob cutler

bob cutler

Oliver thanks bro i seen your cars there very nice, i was very impressed with the show 1st time there. Clocked 320 and some miles on the car. Will sure be there next year hopefully in the 29 a thanks Bob

4. Wow... My photothread has gotten a bit lame.

I can take 2 things outta this....
    1. A positive.... Since someone had to ask, i obviously didnt post any pictures of rat rods. Koool. I dont think i even took a picture of one.

2. Zman is a bit of a troll..... And even though ive lasted this long, im gonna bite.

Having a rustbucket, and driving a car that carries original paitina are 2 different things, and there is nothing lazy about it. Having some blemishs in the paint, and some 'textured' chrome is not letting a car implode on itself. I have replaced almost everything you cant see on my car, made almost all period correct mods, so why would i want to put some modern paint on it?
    To protect it?.... Please, i saved the car once already.

I think old stuff should look old, its what i like.... Big deal.

Seeems to me a 60 year old paint job is a way more 'traditional' then fagstang II front end, an s10 frame swap, and some lame a55 350 wrapped up in some fancy flake and covered in stripes and scallops.......
    Yet that crap gets a free pa55 here on the hamb, daily.
    So crying about how this is a 'traditional site', honestly, seeems laughable.
    Those may be some strong words, ones that many might not agree with..... And thats fine.
    But unlike zman, you dont see me go on other people threads and say that kinda crap to stir up shit, like he has been doing here with his repeated emoticon laden trolls.

Truth is, anyone can have a car painted.......
    But patina, patina is the exterior of a car worked and massaged by the gods of time and weather.
    It only happens once...... And on some cars, it looooks gooood!

As for the rust revival being lax on the entry, they did kick the 85 monte carlo SS outta the show.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  5. Thank you for posting the pics you did, and not hyping the rat rod bs ....they already get more press then they should , patina does not make a poorly built "look at me" POS...SO again thank you for your pics.

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

EVERY SHOW DOES SCOTT....AND THIS YR WAS BETTER THEN EVER...SURE, SOME GOT IN THAT SHOULDNT, BUT IF YOU HAD AN ACTUAL TRADTI0NAL SHOW, THERE WOULD BE 25 CARS THERE! WE HAD THE BEST TURNOUT EVER OF REALLY SWEET ASS RIDES THAT REALLY FIT THE BILL! I WAS VERY IMPRESSED!:cool:

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

BTw .. [fuckin caplock should be outlawed}....where was your " im thinkin about makin the 15 hr trip out", ass at? i was ready to spoon.......but NO! had to hang with greezy! he gets that name honestly btw!!! :O

8. freakindawgen

freakindawgen

This was my first event of this type and as a spectator and new to this whole thing,I was blown away.I took 135 pictures(I posted a link on another post) of cars I liked.I have no idea what is traditional,rat,or whatever.There were nothing but amazing cars!I'll be back next year hopefully with my own car.Did have one thought,suppose there's a market for 'rust in a can' or 'instant platina' for the corrosion challenged?

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yep, and I applaud you for dealing with it. It just keeps getting better. Now where is my shirt? :D All I was trying to point out is just because the car was at the show doesn't mean it belongs here.

lol, I am the anti-troll :p

lol, not hating just not tolerant of it. But you newbs do make me laugh.

Life man, life... but you got a bunch of the other guys...

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  10. I LOVE the Hudson pickup!!

11. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

I've attended every Rust Revival since the first one in 07. If ever there was a show that practiced the expression of "run what you got" it’s the Rust Revival! The show isn't about bragging rights or who can win the biggest prize. As for being "a little loose", that’s what gives the show its character. The Rust Revival is on my calendar for as far as I can see.

12. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

Thanks dude, at least you get it. This isn't directed at anyone, just some insight for those that don't grasp the "what's in, what's out"

Like Todd said, if we had a strict trad show we'd show 25 cars.... if that. Our show's more about hotrods & hotrodders than it is about being dead nuts traditional. I do the "inspections" and all I really watch for is digital stuff, billet and the year requirements. It's all a judgement call. I had one guy come in in a flat out SICK deuce with digital gauges (otherwise pretty trad) I just asked him nicely if he could like throw a coat over his gauges. He was cool and said sure. I had a few wheel issues here & there (17" TTII's) but look, I care more about these guys havin' fun than I do about splitting hairs. I don't let Easter egg streetrods park with everybody else but other than that I'm pretty forgiving.

If I turned away the "not quites" and the "rats" They'd still walk the show but they'd have a chip on their shoulder or be upset and looking for details on every car so they could say "Nuh uhhhhh look, this guy has a M-II and disc brakes!!!" The way I do it, 99.99% of the attendants dig it and I do my best to make sure no one feels slighted.

The HAMB is for splitting hairs... not our show.

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

did not!!! Ohh, you mean alot of your brothers in the vagabonds were there....yeah.....:d

14. Diavolo

Diavolo

So ZMAN...

I'm probably gonna get monkey poo thrown at me for this but, it seems like every thread I see you in is whining and aggravating anybody new who is clearly lost. New = not yet into the ways of the board. Instead of incensing the guy/gal and showing everyone that's watching how much of an ass an alliance member is, why not be a little patient and help them to see the light? Maybe just shut the heck up instead of starting a fight every... single... time? I almost didn't even join this board because some people just like to mouth off and start a fight whenever someone hasn't yet gotten what this board is about.

You are absolutely correct when you point out that they are not traditional or asking the wrong questions at this particular board... There is a HUGE difference between right correct. Do the right thing and make the world a better place or make an ass out of yourself by being correct.

I know you're not going to change, but just some food for thought...

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

scotts just pointing out the differences between ratrods, and trad..and the hamb is about trad....he's in no way dogging our show....there isnt a trad show thats held outside that doesnt have a non trad car in it! NONE!! and he knows that as well as any of us! do i wish our show was nothing but period correct, down to the last bolt, kinna show?? hell no! it would be 3 cars..that would get boring after you walked around them twice!!!! LOL

16. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

sorry but i don't have anything to add to your discussion, but i put this up today in my garage............and thought i'd share

hung between the "Jaloprama" and "Jalopy showdown" (which i've had my rad-rod uh i'm mean traditional (well it does have alluminum wheels?) Hmm maybe it's a Jalopy.......... wait i know "hot-rod".

just like the license plate says.....

[​IMG]

17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

wah wah wah, maybe you need to read more threads first off, second it's a hell of a lot nicer than it once was. Your "I'm gonna call him an ass over and over in a nice way" shit doesn't fly. I help more people than I give a hard time about being in the wrong place or not understanding what the board is about. If they take it the wrong way or get huffy about it then I tell it like it is. Sorry if you have a problem with that. I just call it like I see it, always have. I'm not sorry if it offends you, but either grow some thicker skin or hide in your house and stay off the internet and out of the real world.

18. bob cutler

bob cutler

ZMAN hey hi i didnt leave, i just asked a question,never asked to show pics on here this is the biggest car site on the comp, figured someone would have pics on other sites and could tell me where to find them ok?

19. bob cutler

bob cutler

Zman I had a start date of almost a year ago on here where my intro and other posts went i dont know, damn computers anyway. Dude ya dont know me or what i have done in my life, I know there are good people on here met alot of them last weekend, i wont change who i am, dont judge other people for what they like. Lifes short it will catch up with you.

20. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Shiney paint or rust, those are some beautiful hot rods. Put me in the "I love them all" category. :D

21. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

That Ranchero is pretty cool ,,minus the wheels

22. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I for one am here to see/read about traditional hot rods. In my opinion, traditional means; built the way they were built 'back in the day'.....using whatever cars and parts kids could get their hands on, be they rusty, or shiny. To me, it's about the craftsmanship/creativity of the rod build and it's drivability, not its finish. :)

23. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

X2..the last pic thru the windshield is the best..thanks for traveling so far!..Iknow we all had a kick ass time..Thanks Breader!!..hope to see ya soon!

24. bigsam63

bigsam63

I as a KROPDUSTER love what todd has done to put this show ON he and the kropdusters i think do a awsome job!!!!.As for ZMAN i could CARE less what he thinks. We as a car club do the best we can to make sure that everybody has a good time at our show.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  25. rjgideon

rjgideon

Grant was working his ass off at the gate checking each car that came in. I think he and the rest of the crew did a hell of a job.

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that looks like a fun show. is that a real downtown where everyone is parked? what's the name of the city? we don't have those in Cali-freakin-fornia anymore. they have been bulldozed to make room for more Walmarts

27. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Your's is the best post on this thread so far.. haha. Yes it is a real town and that's one of the main reasons people love this show so much. The show is in Wayland, MO at the intersection of Main Street and Des Moines Street. I tried to Google earth it for a pic but I guess they didn't bother going down that road hehe. There is a real restaurant (Reed's), a bike shop, a tattoo shop, and a bar. Down the street is a super small post office, and there are a couple of churches. Further away is a convenience store and out by the main highway is a Flying J truck stop and that's about it. Did I forget anything? I heard someone say they were amazed that people had chickens in their front yard (and that some of them chickens were mean). All that just adds to the charm that makes the Rust Revival not only a car show, but more of a disfunctional family reunion. I know it's what keeps me and many of my friends coming back.

28. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Man, this is priceless.....Yep it's real.....

29. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

WELL SAID!!!! I didn't have a single complaint about ANY of the cars in attendance. I, like many others, go to have a great time, hang with great people, listen to great music, while checking out cool cars, regardless of the genre they may fit into. It's what it's all about. Thanks again for a great show!

30. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Great photos! Don't get to see stuff like that here much. (England) certainly not all in one place!. Thanks for posting.