Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bracket pattern tracing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nashvegas99, May 25, 2010.

1. blt2go

blt2go

i was thinking the same thing, just got a little carried away i guess. it does suck to get copied, but at the same time not every person is going to buy what you have.

2. If YOU design a pattern/template/part and want to post YOUR specs, nothing wrong with that, but posting a design someone else put the time on is just chickenshit.

3. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

5. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

6. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Designing and casting/ machining/ fabricating your own parts =cool.
    Making poor quality copies of someone else's parts =not cool.
    Pretty simple.

7. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

as stated, we're none too thrilled when we see our stuff copied - but unfortunately that is the way it rolls in the brake biz. Master Power tried to stop us from taking pictures at SEMA last year after noting one of our designs they copied from ABS who copied it from us - neither of which got it right... we told them to swivel on it.

I spent a good part of this past weekend trying to improve the 49-54 Plymouth setup - it is a bitch. There is a hell of a lot more to this than tracing patterns...

8. WOW! :eek: been some time since i smelled this much burning flesh in one thread, lots of "i'm broke as hell" responses and warranted! hey can somebody help me fix my honda car?:rolleyes::D:D

9. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Under normal circumstances it is "research and development". There are some that have given it the other meaning, due to their unethical motives.

10. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

What about the so called real designers and big companies now who started off by stealing small folks ideas to set up business.

I can think of one such operation immediately in a State stating with the letter C.
    It is done daily.
    I dont support it but to say little guys are stealing it sure is not a holy place in the big business world.

At the end of the day cost is what gets you business or value for money even.

I am over it.
    Who copied who first???

Back to work everybody!!!

11. riverrat

riverrat

this place is full of folks that dont have anything else to do.

riverrat

12. I make my own stuff and look at other designs to get a concept down, do all the reverse engineering from that point on.

Sometimes after you do all that work, time and money-wise, you may have just as well went out and bought the said item. But you do get loads of satisfaction from a DIY job that goes well.

And the guy who invented the wheel, he's been getting fu**ed for centuries.

Bob

13. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Who designed the first car ?
    Hummm , are all the rest rip off copies ?

14. ECIGUY

ECIGUY

Here's a thought for you, how do you know the guy you copied it from new what he was doing???.

15. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

That too... especially if he copied from somebody else previously!!!