Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cecil County Drag-O-Way Reunion....!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boss Hydro, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Cecil County Drag-O-Way is holding their second annual Hot Rod Reunion and Show! They are looking for all racers from the 60's and 70's to come in for a special meet and greet. Contact John at [email protected] for more info..

2. Has a date been set for this?:)

3. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

I believe its June 12th...I'll double check

4. Sounds like fun Rocky, keep us posted.

5. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Lookin' forward to it! :)

6. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

I'm bumping this to the top.....this is shaping up to be a great show. The S&S race team will be there in full force with Dave Hales, Gene Altizers and Fred Bear there with their beautiful gassers. The Jolly Dolly another famous gasser will be there too.... We'll have the K.S. Pittman 33 Willys AA/GSer with Mike Hall driving doing a match race with Freddy Bears awesome steel blown 40 Willys coupe!!! Be thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. doug free

doug free

yes it is june 12 ill be there

8. Spike!

Spike!

I'll see if I can get a press pass. Who can I contact about that?

Spike

9. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Spike,

Get a hold of John at [email protected] I'm sure he would love to have you there....

Rocky

10. Blown Monte

Blown Monte
    from Delaware

[​IMG]Here is the flier Hope to SEE you there.

11. Thanks for posting the flier and info. Looks like a fun event.

12. I'll be there, hopefully in the swap meet with a cool 55 on the trailer.:cool::).

13. Chicken Scratch

Chicken Scratch

OK I live directly behind the dragstrip, so I will be there. Do we want to plan a mini meeting?

14. aaggie

aaggie

Fond memories of the place. I was stationed at the Navy base attending class for Nuclear Power training in 1963 and woke up on Sunday morning to the sound of drag cars firing up.

Bill Jenkins was a regular and the Gassers were fun to watch.

15. hemi man

hemi man

How can you consider self king of kings when you want run all
    comers.or run a numbers running car in your class.and we all
    know who that is.:)You did not even answer the man's challenge.
    HE made it interesting,WINNER takes it all!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  16. Always a good time if the S & S guys are there.

17. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The "King of Kings AA/GS Shootout" is a tribute to the late K.S. Pittman. Its a "show" honoring the KING of the gassers K.S. Pittman. Plans are to have the S&S Willys of Fred Bear run Mike Hall in the K.S. Pittman tribute car....IN HONOR of K.S.. Its not about me or any other current gasser running.

Rocky

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  18. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

The Cecil county reunion is shaping up to be a good one. They will have the King of Kings tribute match race between Fred Bear in his blown 40 Willys coupe and Mike Hall in the K.S. Pittman tribute car....there will also be the front engine dragster group and many more nostalgia cars.

19. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

We'll also have "Big Time Memories" 1941 Willys coupe AA/GS car there, this car was built over 25 years ago and is back out running after a few years off. Plans are to have Michele Fiel, one of our long time crew members make a couple of test passes as she gets ready to get her NHRA competition license. Michele works on our team year round, is a nurse by trade, race car junkie at night...! She can build em...(knows how to weld)..helps build the short blocks, she can work on them (pulls the pan and checks bearings on our Screamin Eagle funny car) and she DRIVES them! (working on her comp license) How many girls out there ever get behind the wheel of a seven second BLOWN ALKY short wheel based 40 Willys? She's all girl, but still one of the guys!

Rocky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

We also plan on having the "Soul Survivor" NITRO COUPE..on display...! This is an original 1967 dragster believed to be built by Don Long. The Pirrone and Ellershaw race team restored this dragster last year, and with racing four cars this year, plan to show this car only a handful of times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  21. I was a little disappointed with last year's event. The one car I really wanted to see run (The Sox and Martin replica car) just sat at the end of the pits all day. Other than that, I saw a lot of the same stuff that is there every other Saturday. It was the first year though, so I'd expect it to be much better this year.

22. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Events like this take a couple of years to grow. We were there last year just to test the K.S. Pittman car before going to Thompson for the big gasser race. I didn't see a whole lot of on the track racing. This year, John has brought in quite a few display cars and will have the match race between the gassers (the one EVERYBODY is talking about..lol) and will also have the front engine dragster group there. It won't be the CHRR or the March Meet for sure, but should be a fun day...... If you go make sure you stop by our pit area and say hi...always cool to meet a HAMBER...!

23. Yeah man, will do!!
    I'm not complaining, it's great to see an event like this so close to home. I'm actually surprised Cecil had been basically forgotten about for so long when the nostalgia drags started gaining popularity. I mean I'd rather watch the nostalgia cars than anything else, including NHRA level events.

24. Looks like we have an internet pissing contest going on here, see you Saturday Rocky.

25. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Same old shit thats been going on for years. You would think Ken would have put it to rest by now.

26. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

You are doing it ALL right Rocky.
    Keep up the Good Work.........

27. pappy1

pappy1
    from Penna.

So, Will we see you at Cecil tomorrow Ken??

28. Chicken Scratch

Chicken Scratch

I just drove by and it looks like a pretty good turn out and the weather is holding out. Flag me down if you see me. I'll be the ugly guy in the dukes of hazzard shirt and camo hat with the pregnant chick.

29. 65deluxe

65deluxe

30. Just returned from the event and it was a great turnout of racing and a great field of cars on the show field, although hot and humid we really thought it was an excellent event at only less than an hour away. Congratulations to three local friends that took home 3 of the 40 popular car trophies. Henry's Thunderbolt, Jerry's 48 Ford Ramp truck with the 62 Nova gasser on board and Frankowiac's Cammer 34. Also congrats to all others that did well and a thank you to all who put on and attended the event. Supporting this hobby keeps it alive and growing.:)