Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T moving to Illinois

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spiertb, May 23, 2010.

1. spiertb

spiertb

My son is moving to Oswego, Illinois next month and is wondering about his studded snow tires that he uses for long periods of time up here in Northern Maine. Can he run them on his vehicles in the winter in Illinois? Thanks. Syl

2. Pull the studs. Not allowed in Illinois.

Cosmo

3. GaryC

GaryC

Nope. IL doesn't allow studded tires anywhere in the state, nor does Wisconsin. Honestly not really a need for them either. A good set of non-studded winter tires will more than do ya, if that. On my 4wd trucks I run A/T's and never have had a problem. On my rear drive cars I run Nokian Hakka Q's (studless) with great success.

4. Hope he doesnt like guns..

5. Go Blackhawks ! : )

6. If hes got a hot rod tell him to look us up. There are quite a few of us that live close to Oswego

7. spiertb

spiertb

Thanks for the info on studded tires--he loves to skeet shoot and hunt grouse and ducks --but I've heard Illinois is NOT gun friendly-and--unfortunately I'm the car guy in the family. I'm going to be there June 15-23, anything going on around Oswego at that time? Syl

8. Thats fathers day weekend and Oswego has thier festival called prariefest. They have a car show there at the high school. Any night of the week around here you can find a cruise night within 15 miles. PM me when it gets it gets closer to when you get here and I will give you details on things going on.

9. fanspete

fanspete

My sympathies to your son!
    BTW, Chicrapgo and our wonderful Gov't may not like guns, us REAL Illinoians LOVE'EM!!!
    Every now and then I happen upon an old studded tire, always think about hanging on to 'em for old times sake. Apparently it's no big deal up our way!

10. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

chicago doesnt like guns(they are banned for now), im not really sure what yall are talking about the whole state, as long as you got a foid card you can have them. WI has good hunting.