Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good one stage floor protector? what has lasted u years.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thechondro, May 23, 2010.

1. Just found out that my car needs to be towed out of my class by the 10th of june. cars exterior is stripped about 70% and the interior about 60%. Gonna primer the outside in class as soon as I can. But the car will soon be under tarps in my backyard. again. Soon as I strip it, it will need to b protected. So I was wondering what people have used in the one stage paints to protect there stuff for years. Dont care how it looks, just want to protect the floors, trunk etc. If u have used this product on the outside of ur car it would be more helpful seeing how the elements hit it. If i can go ten years I will b happy. Ill settle for 8. :D

2. Oh and brushing it on is preferable because we have tenants in the back right above where im spraying.

3. screwtheman

screwtheman

If it's for the floors, you may as well get some nice Chassis Black from Eastwood and make it a permanent coating. It levels out really nicely so you can brush it on with one relatively thick coat. My second recommendation would be Rustoluem that comes in quart cans from the hardware store. It seems to me brushing on a true single stage paint would be the most expensive options and wouldn't work very well.

4. madgrinder

madgrinder

Second vote for Rustoleum gloss. Good stuff, good coverage, lasts practically forever.

Brushing will net a heavy coat and it takes a long time to dry, so don't expect to be rolling around in/under there for a couple of days.

5. gtkane

gtkane

For the floor and trunk, don't paint 'em, POR 'em.

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm a big POR15 fan, but it's pretty much permanent.

7. Can u grind off the por15 to do spot jobs? I wanted to protect the metal and later grind the paint off cut,weld etc. and then recoat the fixed spot. Can I do this with that stuff?