Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reliabilty run on May 30th for those who don't wanna go to Santa Maria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnykck, Mar 10, 2010.

1. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

next year...next year...

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. Make sure you do!!!!! maybe the Cad & the Chevy will have some kind of bastard love child! A 5000 LB be-finned custom powered by a wheezing 6 cylinder!

3. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

as long as the motor sits in correctly , no side way shit for me ....

4. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

i am not afraid .... haha

5. flat34pu

flat34pu

:Dthe distributor is replaced, and i have been up to the Asia benifit in Sac, then up to Frisco to Brizio' and am going to the swapmeet in Petaluma this sunday, still working out the bugs, only getting a little over 10 miles per gallon but im sure i can make it.
    trying to get both Santa Maria and Hollister in, this weekend will tell, getting some help to try and figure out where my total advance is.
    rich

6. johnnykck

johnnykck

Looking forward to seeing you guys!!

7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I'm still not sure what I'm doing that weekend, but it sounds like fun.

Is there a good campsite in the area? Considering making a "dual purpose trip" and maybe rounding up some of my drunken friends...

8. johnnykck

johnnykck

Next weekend!!!

9. I'm actually fired about about this, I've got a pile of parts to throw in the Chevy and a good friend coming down from the East Bay to ride shotgun. 19th hole here we come!

10. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

want me to bring a plaque ?

11. flat34pu

flat34pu

:(not going to make the Santa Maria run this year, :Dbut will try the sea bowl to hollister prerun, then sundays reliabilty run.
    rich

12. Damn straight, that would be cool! Bring 2 if you would and I'll give you the money at the run.

13. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

hmmmmmm??????

14. If you want to hit some really cool old saloons, pass through San Juan Bautista! They've got my favorite Mom & Pops Saloon -- usually pretty dead. Regular crowd is locals and bikers. Then there's Daisy's Saloon -- usually younger people as well as locals. They are on the main street about 1 or 2 blocks from eachother. Stiff cheap drinks at both spots! If you've never been, it's a really small little mission town and there's a cool old VFW Post w/ a bar. San Juan Bautista is 7 miles from downtown Hollister off HWY 156. http://www.oldmissionsjb.org

15. Almost 400 miles round trip for me. Mostly freeway, but a beautiful drive up the coast through mountains, vineyards, through a couple cool tunnels, and around an old railroad bridge. Also, a stop prolly in a town we stumbled on last year. Los Alamos(?). It had some very cool 1800's buildings, and a couple small museums too.

16. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

300+ round trip for me....and if I can help it I'll be rollin down Metz rd ....its a back rd between Soledad and King City...it's where they filmed the movie "Duel"....

17. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I will be passing thou Hollister from Santa Maria on Sunday anyway. I'll just blast out early and hook up with everyone at the 19th hole, if not there I 'll stop at the motel in Hollister.. It should make the long drive home much more fun...

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

It'll be about the same for us not counting the flight miles:D, but we're going to take Pacific Coast Highway. Yep, will take us longer BUT we're into the scenery and little beach towns along the way.

19. johnnykck

johnnykck

It'll be good to see ya there, we will be at the hotel all night.

20. johnnykck

johnnykck

Seems like quite a few guys are going to SM on thursday or friday and then coming out to the run on sunday morning, that'll be a nice weekend. Getting all of it in one weekend. The drive to SM, walk around the fairgrounds all day saturday drive to Hollister and then the Run through the back country out to the Pinnacles and the 19th Hole after.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  21. Would love to go, car still a month or so out from being done. I will definitely hit next year. I am all about drivin' em!

22. Yeah and SJB is full of "free range" chickens too! Great little town.

23. redbeard

redbeard

I am leading the run from Pacifica down to Hollister on Sat. the 29th.

I am thinking about stopping on the way down for some BBQ.

Can anyone planning on going on the prerun let me know that you are coming, just want to get a head count.

I will driving this roadster, so if we have not met, you can find me.

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Dave

24. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

dave if you eat in pacifica you gotta try gorillias bbq big orange train car right on hwy. 1 .... sum good stuff...if its smoking its open ....

25. redbeard

redbeard

I was thinking a little further south, we are in pacifica at around 10:30.

figure a little later in the day for BBQ.

But I will check that place out as I love some BBQ.

see you on in hollister

26. redbeard

redbeard

Regarding the caravan down to Hollister on Sat.

We are thinking about leaving later in the day, more like 2:30.

Any one who was planning on 10:30 please let me know, and if you are ok with leaving later.

If not, then I'll be there at 10:30, but so far a lot of people are canceling.

so let me know, one way or the other.

If I don't hear from anyone, we will be leaving later.

either way we will have a fun weekend of driving, 440 miles.

As Alex used to say........................drive your shit!

27. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

dave you'll pass gorillia's before you get to the bowling alley .... have fun......

28. redbeard

redbeard

10:30 tomorrow morning the fun begins

see you then.

29. xadamx

xadamx

I'm stoked to see you guys drive by the tattoo shop! Feel free to stop by. The shop is at 1108 Mission St., Santa Cruz. Highway 1 turns into Mission coming through SC, the shop is on the left after you pass Laurel. You'll see my '35 Ford 5W parked out front. I'll be heading to Hollister in the morning.

30. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

We will be bringing up the rear.... I'm not leaving Healdsburg until 5:30 or so today.... The Wife is at work and I still have some loose ends to tie up. See ya at the Hotel.

Robert M.