Register now to get rid of these ads!

Skinnies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardkat, May 22, 2010.

1. junkyardkat

junkyardkat

Got a set of 15x5 cragars from a fellow hamber, he had 165sr15s mounted on them, went to the tire store to check on tires and they don't list that size. Anybody run these rims and what tires size did you use

2. 165s are VW size tires look around or order them, look killer on early hotrods.

3. Tony D.

Tony D.

VW tires are what I have on my 50 Plymouth gasser -- they are in fact skinny!!

4. 155-80-15 T/A Radials fit a 5" rim nicely - about 24.5" tall, maybe a tad more.

Charlie

5. junkyardkat

junkyardkat

thanks for the suggestions !

6. madmak95

madmak95

they also make vw in 125 and 145. i run 165 on my t bucket. cheap to , i paid about a $100 for a pair mounted and balacned.

7. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Try 165R15 they dropped the 's" a while back. Just bought some last summer. BF Goodrich still makes some, and there are a few others as well.

8. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

I bought a pair of BFG Radial T/A's from NTB Tire. 15580R15.....paid slightly over $100. Wanted 165's in BFG and couldn't find them from anywhere but Coker for big $$$. And Coker's 165's are whitewalls. 165's are available if you don't care about Chinese production....I do, and decided to stay with the 155's though I'd rather the 165's for a bit more height/diameter. They're mounted on 4.5 inch wide kidney bean lookalikes on the front of my Willys. Not quite 25" tall @ 30 psi.

9. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I get my P165R15s from Discount Tire. Once in the last couple of years, they had to order them for me, but usually have a pair in stock. They've gone up in price (what hasn't), but are still available for reasonable money.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

If you look really hard, you can find 165's that have more of a traditional look to them. Most you find these days are just a tad to modern looking for my taste. They all seem to be kind of generic, but I have had good luck with a brand simply called "metric radial". They don't have any weird hieroglyphics on the side walls or strange dots along the tread lines. Last time I needed some, I had to look quite a bit to find them, but they are out there. Also, If you go into a Discount tire or something like that, look for the guy that looks like he is older than about 35. I kid you not, I have spent lots of time arguing with twenty somethings that a 165R15 does indeed exist! The lack of an aspect ratio seems to make them go tilt.

11. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Goodyear dealers carry the Associate Brands tires and should have them.