Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trying to track down a 32-34 pickup.old rod, Iowa area, HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Hey guys, I am trying to track down a certain chopped and channelled 32-34 pick up that was built by the local car club back in the 60s and sold away to Iowa about 20 years ago. The Truck was named CHARLY BROWN in honor of the guy who once owned it and died at a young age. When it was sold, it was panted with a silver flake base, the fenders were panel painted then it was all coated with red candy. The bed was made out of Walnut (remember, this was built in the 60s/70s) It sported a really wicked chop and channel. You sat on the floor to drive it. It was sold to someone in Iowa around 20 years ago. The car was featured in a magazine called Street Rod(?) in their Truckin Issue. One of the guys that helped witht the truck has the issue and is going to find it so I can print off the article. SOme of the old club members have expressed interest in tracking down this truck, just trying to expidite it. If anyone from the Iowa,Neb, Mn area from that time frame remembers this truck or knows anything about it please email me! Thanks.

2. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Didja ever find it?

3. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

im equally as interested in how you ever found this post hah

4. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

don't ask why I do things like this.
    It will only confuse me.

5. alchemy

alchemy

Is this a truck with chrome EVERYTHING and plexiglass floors? Including the chrome flathead block?

6. I never got a nibble. And I really do not know any more about the truck.

7. Wow,,Eric,,this thread was posted before I was a member,,and that was 7 years ago,,,:eek:

I lotta water has gone over the damn and someone might know about the truck now,,,there is thousands of new members. HRP

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

A 7 year old post,it shows up yesterday, sounds like a longshot. I joined Hamb 3 weeks ago,3 days after getting internet for the first time. STREET ROD--HHHMMMMM, I bought some magazines this summer at the Leadsleds in Salina KS. YA, There`s a few. Truckin special-nope. Guess I`ll have to go threw them all. October 1972(I was 3) page 50,there it is , in color! A little picture in the coverage of America Street Rod Association show in Kansas City(6 pages long). Quotation-A 283 Chevy provides haulin` power for the Counts of the Cobblestones Club project ~32 hauler~ It has a heavy Hot Rod rake, Wooden box, chrome reverse wheels with baby moons, candy redand pannel painted fenders(Looks like baloons). YIP, it`s gotta be it.No hood and polished stainless firewall. One real noticeable feature--The headlights are mounted between the wheels and the framerails, under the fenders. It`s GOTTA BE IT. So what do I win! One problem thou-- how do you post pictures...`

9. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

DAMN...this could be interesting!!!

10. Thanks and welcome to the HAMB, these pics might help find this truck. I know of a couple folks that would like to find it STILL.

There are pic posting tips in the Q&A section of the board. Or you could email them to one of us to post.

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Bump- Thanks to the H E L P H E thread- I or I mean my wife knows how to post pic`s. Busy day today. check back around 8:00 or 9:00 tonight.

12. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

did you learn how to posts pics yet?

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

The wife will post the pic tonight at 8:eek:o or so when she gets home.

14. barnfind08

barnfind08
    from minnesota

I would like to jump in on this thread if I could please. I sold a 34 pick-up with all chrome undercarriage including rearend in 1963 to a son of the owner of Wells Blue Bunney ice cream. I too would like to see if anyone from Iowa remembers this car and where it went. I had painted it green, and it had no fenders. It was a highboy, It also had a 296 in flathead with all the dress up goodies and 4 carb manifold. Help!

15. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

16. Stan, do you have the rest of that artical? I am sure it is the truck!

17. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

How bout it Rickster. You can find any car or truck!

18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

It was in a event coverage for American Street Rod Association show in Kansas City - Street Rod magazine-October 72. Thats all I have. Maybe sombody has the Street Rod Truckin issue.

19. That truck is much cooler than I thought it was going to be.
    Awesome!

20. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

just found a rear shot of the pickup at a indoor show, in an early Street Rodder, might be Street Scene(not at home now). They even mention the Vagabonds car club. I will try and post a pic in a few days.

21. Thanks, I had forgotten about this one.