Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ###FREE BREAKFAST!!### Car Show at The Embassador Hotel,Los Angeles!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Apr 30, 2010.

1. I worked for two years at the Embassador Hotel location that was made into a school,in Los Angeles. The General Contractor contacted me today and asked if I could get some cars together for the opening. He said "FREE breakfast for anybody who brings out a car!!!!

Here's the details....
    He needs original "looking" cars or trucks from 1939 to 1959. NO HOTRODS!!! I imagine,since it's in LA that Lowriders and Bombs would be okay. I need to know if you are coming,so he can plan on how much food to have.

Date,
    May 22 8-3pm.

Location,
    Ambassador Hotel(school)
    Wilshire Blvd and Catalina Ave
    Los Angeles,Ca
    It's about 2 miles north of the 10 frwy,and 4 miles west of the 110 frwy. Closest intersection is Vermont and Wilshire Blvd

Feel free to PM me for more info,and to let me know if you're coming.

2. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ill have spaggetti & waffels

3. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

If your lucky you will still have your car to drive home when its over.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. Come on! It's not south central! Don't scare the guys away BONER!!!!

5. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Boner was on Growing Pains

6. Well.....anyways. Please come out and enjoy the festivities!!!!!

7. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Dang it! I am gonna be in Santa Cruz that weekend!

8. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Ahh this is in my neck of the woods. If I wasnt working that day Id go.

9. Pass the word. I've been telling all the guys I know with old stockers.

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

No can do since my car dont fit the bill and I have my Grandbaby's Birthday that day.

11. It's not my deal,but I told the guy I would try to get him some cars. Doesn't look good! Guess i'll be eating breakfast by myself,haha!!!

12. This will be a little "off topic,but I thought I would share my day with you guys.
    This is the Ambassador Hotel icon at the north/west corner,across from where the Brown Derby once was. This was on my way in.
    [​IMG]

This is on the west side of the Cocoanut Grove. I was the only car that showed up.
    [​IMG]

13. This is the remodel of the original Coffee Shop. Which will be the Teachers Lounge now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Recreation of the entrance to the Cocoanut Grove...
    [​IMG]

Inside...Which is now the Auditorium
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Then we went upstairs to the Ballroom,where Bobby Kennedy gave his last speech. Which is now the school library...
    [​IMG]

We watched a short film on Bobby's speech and him getting shot,which was kinda creepy...
    [​IMG]

16. Then we all went downstairs for a catered breakfast....all around my car!
    [​IMG]

17. Weasel

Weasel

Ah yes - your tax dollars at work - and L.A. is over $500m in the hole...and massive education cutbacks - but hey "it's for the kids".......

18. I know this isn't about cars and stuff,but I worked on this job for two years,and my mom and dad went to the Cocoanut Grove for their engagement dinner. I have a pic of them sitting in one of the booths.
    My friend,Craig Wise(CW's40TPU) had his Prom there also....
    The speaker said the hotel died after Bobby Kennedy was killed there and it will now be brought back to life as a school.

19. Aparently,the money was set aside before all the economy took a shit,and sat for years while all the activists fought over saving the hotel. We had to deal with them on a daily basis.

20. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Bob...nice pics...good to see the building was put to some use...alot of history there...the Merc looks good too!

21. ocfab

ocfab

Bob were you having car trouble today or did you get pulled over? i saw you on the side of the road with a cop behind you. i had to drop off my little girl. After i did that i went back to check on you but you were pulling away when i got there.

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

The Coffee Shop is bad ass. Thanks for the pics Bob.

23. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

That's pretty cool, Bob...I haven't been paying attention and thought they had torn the place down. Nice to see it preserved in any form, really...

24. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a bit confused.......the original post stated "No HOTRODS" and the only car to show up was........a hot rod (OK, technically a "custom", but not the "stock" that he wanted).

Anyway, nice pics and thanks for posting them.

25. Ran out of gas!...........AGAIN!!!!!! haha! The cop stopped cause I was in a bad spot. Cars come FLYING down Yorba Linda blvd....

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  26. It wasn't my deal! I was invited,mostly because I worked on the job. He told me try to get stock cars. I would have gotten Hotrods,and probably plenty,but it wasn't my party.
    He asked me why nobody else came. I told him,in SoCal,there's about 4 to 5 shows to choose from EVERY weekend,and this wasn't a show. No big deal...

27. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Great Photos Bob , Art Deco Overload , bitchin place .

28. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Did you have your friend with you again.Haha!Great pic's and lots of history.

29. Stock? I should've brought the '09 Toyota:p