Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Wife Finally Popped The Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R Frederick, Feb 18, 2010.

1. I guess I'm lucky, I've never been ask that question.
    BUT, I got the surprise of my life today when she did ask "How much will it cost to finish Marge" to which I replied "Hell I don't know, WHY?????"
    She said, "Well since I'm getting this extra cash every month now you can start buying parts & try to finish it." :eek: :eek:
    I about fell out of my chair when she said that.
    Damn I guess I married the right woman 30yrs ago...joe

2. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

Here is a good one for you I used to restore old motorcycles when I was dating my high school sweet heart at 16 or so I started restoring a 1965 norton she hated that bike with a passion would bitch about it consistently ( That should have told me right there). We got married at 20 she still bitched about that bike. We got divorced at 21 guess what the first thing on the lawyers list she wanted was my Norton and she got it awarded to her. I have never bought another bike since. The best part yet the bike took me 2 years to finish it was easily worth ten grand she sold it for 500 to one of her uncles.
    My wife now doesnt ask she will though put all the reciepts in a folder to keep track at the end. She understands it can be an expensive hobby but she wants it done so she can either have my truck or my hotrod I am not sure yet which she is after probably my truck it has AC.

3. cloned clown

cloned clown

I have only just started my project, accumulating a solid '26 T coupe body, a 394 Olds engine, and a rear end, and already my wife has quit asking...I think she is more pissed about loosing her garage stall than anything else!!

4. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

I guess this is why I have 2 x-wives. One actually said she wished i had a misteress because she could compete with another woman and not the old cars. The old cars are cheaper and more fun most of the time.

5. rixrex

rixrex

You have to get the give and take going..If she will somehow justify going out and spending $1000 on dental work for a Dog, then I can go out and do pretty much whatever I want on my cars, right!?

6. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

I'm very lucky, in that she pretty much allows me to do what I want where our cars are concerned. It helped that I spent almost a year hunting down the Mustang her Mom bought new, managed to aquire it, restore it, and give it to her. I try to keep the brownie point bank full!

[​IMG]

Her car at the the Silver Springs Mustang/Ford show last year. Of course, now there's the problem of me wanting to take my car along and her wanting to go together in her car. Some things you just can't win!

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Pull yours on a trailer behind her car. Of course, you need a $5k aluminum trailer.:D

8. indyjps

indyjps

Ive pointed out that I dont gamble, dont go out drinking at bars for hours at a time, dont golf, dont watch football all winter or get into fantasy leagues. I work and build cars.
    Things could be worse.

9. bellavita13

bellavita13

Now that's a great lady! Everyone should have a hobby or passion for something. Money a partner spends on one's own hobby is their business as long as the wife isn't paying ALL your bills. Life is short...eat, drink and be merry!

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  10. 59mercsled

59mercsled

My biggest problem is starting a project and something comes up and we either have to sell it or put it on the back burner and then the wife bitches because i have let it sit for so long. Hello baby we have 2 kids and i am in the military. When have we had money for me to finish this one. But she said this time that no matter what we are gonna make shure my truck, 99 dodge ram bagged and body drop, will be finished by the start of the show season for 2011. Keeping those fingers crossed.

11. 666Irish

666Irish

My wife and I don't hide anything from each other. Although she did ask me what my '47 was costing at one point.

I told her to get her last 6 months of receipts together for everything that she has spent on herself, and I would do the same.

She has never asked about the truck again.

12. Brahm

Brahm

all my gf asks is when i'm going to stop working on the camaro, talking about the buick and get moving on "her" 52 pickup

13. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

When my Wife starts that Shit, I just fake a Heart attack and she goes away ! ! ! Hmmmmmmmm what the Hell is she trying to tell me.

My life's motto : Your dead an awful long time.

Build it, drive it, and enjoy it. There are plenty of

women on earth.

14. 454navyss

454navyss

the only thing my gf asks me anymore is "do you really need that?" and normally i tell her yes and she doesnt ask any other questions

15. My lady drives her `64 nova three on the tree daily...and loves it

16. Wow, why didn't you tell this secret years ago? Ha,ha.... You'd have saved a lot of us heartache and pain.

17. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Took me three times to find the right one. Kinda likes cars, loves football, loves old music and tolerates me. Thats the trifecta my boys! Only rule about cars are that they must have A/C and have room enough for her stuff on excursions. Thats not a problem for me. Had to ditch my two seaters though. She doesnt care how much I spend on them as long as we do the equal thing. She gets to re-do the kitchen, baths etc if I redo the car.

18. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

I am fortunate to have a wife that just wants me to be happy. I been building on a 40 pickup forever. I have spent a bunch of money on parts for it and lots of hours in the shop. The wife tells me a couple years ago to buy a rod that is finished while I am still working on the pickup. So now we are cruising and building. She is definitely a keeper.

19. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

I had my project car before I met my wife, so she was immediately aware of what my deal is. I've kept detailed expense records, but she's never asked. She probably thinks that of all the vices I could have, this is the most harmless. She has a mild interest in old cars ... had a nice '65 Mustang when we got together. I bought her a new gas tank and installed it as a Christmas present one year. I'm such a romantic!

20. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I'm in the minority as well. My wife fully supports and enjoys the hobby. She loves getting new things for the car and she is pushing me to prep our Buick for paint asap. She is included in everything I do with our old iron. She isn't much of a car show girl either. She loves long drives with no destination. I'm lucky fells and I know it!

21. 29SX276

29SX276

The better half really doesn't press the point of how much I spend on the cars....within reason..........
    I bought back my 'ol 46 Chevy Aero-sedan and gave it to her for her birthday........lots 'o brownie points there !:D,but I get to do the maintenance on it tho'.
    Happy wife,happy life

22. JennyJPT

JennyJPT
    from Durango,CO

My husband has asked the same question.

23. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

That's funny, it's almost my exact story!

24. dwcustom

dwcustom

Once, my wife asked that question. I simply said," you haven't missed any meals ,have you? Shortly therafter, I divorced her.

25. ironwork

ironwork
    from maine

mine is great she can't wait to start building another

26. themodernartist

themodernartist

Gee, I must be the most blessed guy on the planet. She will occasionally ask what a part cost that I just purchased but other than wanting to know what it cost she is OK with whatever I want. My latest "toy" that I purchased was a Wray Schelin "Signature Series" hammer for shaping sheet metal for $300. She asked, I told her and she said "Looks like a nice hammer". She bought me a little racing tire shaped bank that we keep in the living room and routinely she fills it with cash for me to spend on my '51 Hudson and '47 Ford. When it's empty, she refills it. What a gal!
    Peace,
    Chaz

27. Miss3Four

Miss3Four

See now, I am a female and not sure if I should post to this thread but seriously. I do feel really bad for you. Seriously. I do love cars and most of the time when my old man gets home from work he finds me in the garage but I can't imagine not having a hobby of my own to pre-occupy my personal time. Something that sets me apart from him. It's killer we dig workin on cars and therefore makes our relationship really good but even before I got my ride I did crafts. He would go out to the garage and work on his car and I would do crafts. She needs a hobby. AND NOT AT YOUR EXPENSE. This isn't the 50's where you should have to match everything you buy to make her happy. I have my own job, I work on my own shit. Including my Jeep. I do all the shit myself. I'm not a hater and I'm not jealous but really. I feel so bad that these woman really do exsist. It gives us "hellava gals" a bad rep. We are not all like that!
    Good luck man.

28. themodernartist

themodernartist

Hi Miss3Four,
    It's not like Cheryl totally gives and its all one way. In our marriage we started off mutually wanting what's best for each other so I think we are both winners in our marriage. I wholeheartedly support what ever she wants and wants to do and she does like wise. She is in to photography and cooking (creative stuff) so I support that and when we go on Rod Runs, she goes shopping wherever we are and buys whatever her heart desires with my complete support.
    Peace,
    Chaz

29. Senica

Senica

It's what they do......

30. Miss3Four

Miss3Four

hey chaz, I wasn't posting to you. I guess I should have "quoted".
    I was posting to the original start of the thread...(wicked50coupe) I'm glad for you guys (you and Cheryl) it sounds great what you have and it works for you both. That is killer. I am saying in regards to Wicked50coupe (without knowing if his wife has hobbies) that she needs to have a hobby in order for him to do his hobby. Does that make sense? I wasn't posting to you. Randomly, you were last to post and I was next.?
    Not tryin to start shit just that maybe she needs a hobby so he can play with his toys and she won't worry about what he's doin and spending.

Last edited: May 21, 2010