Register now to get rid of these ads!

Being a Good Hot Rodder...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Glass_Packs, May 20, 2010.

1. Scotty500

Scotty500
    from MPLS

I've been on the receiving end twice in the past few years and have been very grateful of the help I've received. It's been a while since I've done the helping but I'm sure I'll find a time when I can help. It's good to know there are good people out there watching others backs. Thanks

2. Deuces

Deuces

Amen to that!

3. 454navyss

454navyss

i stop when at all possible to help. you definitely did the right thing, not only that but it makes you feel a little better about yourself too doesnt it?.

4. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

The funny thing is I never have, usually I put in more than I use! But I always thought the kids were the one that used and abused their parents cars, not the other way around - somehow I got the short end of that stick!

Thanks!
    Tom

5. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I once saw a motorhome on the side of the road. I stopped and loaned them some gas. It was 4 girls going to a bikini contest. They wanted me to follow them to the station and then they would repay me, I just told them heck no,I need to get home and log on the H.A.M.B.

6. DNCII@mac.com

[email protected]
    from H.B., CA

How does it make you feel when you get "burned" by the helpee? I've stopped several times, usually for chicks, but they seem to get all uppity and don't even give you a sincere "thanks".

Idunno, I still know that i'm paying it forward, but it suuuuuure makes me think twice the next time..."I wonder if she'll say thank you...she kinda looks like a b..."

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Just keep doin' right, and you can't go wrong. If you offer to help, you've done your part.

8. Were they from Austria? "Put another shrimp on the barbie!"

Attached Files:

9. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Glass Packs. You scored major "Carma Points."

10. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Always a good thing when you can help another peson out, way to go.

11. RDR

RDR

the way it oughta be..... If no one has stopped to help a fellow rodder and you drive on by...I'd call ya a dickhead!

12. outlaw56

outlaw56
    from Hines, MN

Good Karma:D What goes around comes around:D Dumb ? but would u have stopped if it was not an old car?:eek::confused:

13. 117harv

117harv

WHAT?...oh no i'm in deep s#!t.

I help stranded people whenever i can, old young man or woman. Like others here have said it's the right thing to do, and i hope someone will help my wife sometiome if she's broke down and i'm not around to come to the rescue.

14. RodStRace

RodStRace

I'm ahead on the Karma side of the road help, but keep paying it forward.
    Latest was a Harley. Went and got gas, brought it back and flipped a U-ie in the middle of the highway with loaded trailer in tow.

15. calvinh

calvinh

Call it Karma, a divine act of God or whatever but its a great feeling to help people. The family and I went to a restaurant for dinner tonight and the bill was $38 dollars. I paid with $100 bill (one of the rare occasions that I had cash on me) and when the waitress brought my change back she gave me three $20s and two $1s. I asked her for some smaller bills for one of the $20s and explained to her that people are more inclined to tip if they have smaller bills. She told us that she has been working there only about a month and was saving for college next year and her parents couldn't really afford to pay for all of it and had lost her tip money the night before in the parking lot trying to find her keys in her purse and thought the reason she wasn't tipped very well was that she was a bad server( which she wasn't). Really sweet girl and had a lot of the same mannerisms as my daughter so after she brought back the change she was very thankful for the advice and said she was embarassed that she dumped her story on us. We went ahead and left the whole $20 for the tip and told her good luck with college. When we got outside my youngest daughter found $30 in the parking lot next to the curb. She didn't ask if she could keep it or anything and just assumed it was the servers lost money and wanted to go give it back to her. I went back in and asked the waitress just out of curiosity how much did she lose. $30 bucks. I gave her the money and told her that my daughter found it in the parking lot. She thought I was just trying to be nice and help her out. I told her nope and told her where she found it and was sure it just wasn't a coincidence. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Had we not had the conversation about the smaller bills for change then we wouldn't have found out that she lost her tips and I would have let my daughter kept it when she found it. So we left there and had a great meal with great service but more importantly had a really great feeling about life.