Register now to get rid of these ads!

We need a traditional show in Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

I have been to large events there is well. I think the grounds could accomodate us but are they up for having that type of show there? Plus, I think the walk in traffic from people driving by on the freeway and everyone down in that area would be HUGE !

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That might be a problem. Lots of "Greenie Weenies" on Tempe city council. Probably not too receptive to our lot, but definitely worth a try. I think if we approach them with pictures of the Billitproof Detroit gig, it might be a doable kinda deal. Oh yeah... ASU girls! By the way, did everybody notice my post on the meeting time at the library? is 1:00pm going to work? If we need to change it, I still can for the next couple of days.

3. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

time works for me

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

Meeting time is fine by me.

5. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I've spread the word to the non-HAMBers that were in attendance and the last meeting. 1pm works for us.

6. Donnyboy

Donnyboy
    from Phoenix AZ

I will put in for the time at work.

7. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

I wonder if the drive-in at McKellips & McClintock would be a possibility?

8. Kerry67

Kerry67

A Drive in is a cool idea.....If they go for having a car show start in the morning and allow vendors and a swap area and all......If we could get them to show a couple old car flicks after dark for those who wanted to hang out, that would be amazing.

9. jonathan

jonathan
    from Phoenix,AZ

I think a drive in event should be created regardless of a show. Have a couple of cool hot rod flicks and raise the cut off date to 72? at the latest? There is a drive-in in Scottsdale too.

10. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Drive in shows are easy. The one in Glendale I'm sure would be open to having another car show there. They let us pick from a list of old movies last time too.

11. jerry

jerry

Glendale drive-in does have a park and swap every Sat. & Sun.

Later in the day might work though.

jerry

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sounds like we are on for the 12th at 1:00 pm then, at the Burton Barr library, meeting room "B" (the third stall!).

13. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

The Glendale drive-in is across the street from our bar... I'll drop by there today and re-introduce myself and get some info for our meeting. I also put a call in to one of my "friends" on the City Council of a certain lake and beach park containing community, I'm waiting to hear back from them too. Hope to have an update by the 12th.

14. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

I'll show up if this goes down!

15. Kerry67

Kerry67

Being that the meeting is on the second Saturday, I'll probably load up the Wagon with some stuff and set up at the SO-CAL swap before the meeting. Could use a few extra $$$ to help my broke ass out. Probably just hang around downtown until meeting time. Maybe lunch at McAlpines ? Anyone ????

16. Invicta

Invicta

Im sooooo down. I have some stuff I can load up in the Buick. Sweet! I am Excited!

17. Kerry67

Kerry67

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Kerry - I could be up for the same!

19. Kerry67

Kerry67

Sounds good Chip ! That is 3 of us so far !

20. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I would like to but need to see what is going down with work

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey - how about killer Mexican instead? "Rosita's place".... If you say it softly, it's almost like praying...

22. I was thinkin about stopping by the Socal swap and was wondering how to kill the in between time. I think I just found an answer....you buying Kerry??? JK;)
    See ya there
    Brent

23. Kerry67

Kerry67

Mexican works for me if that is what everyone wants. I just figured McAlpines to get us in the Retro mood......

I though you were buying ???

24. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Oh man... I have not had Rosita's in so long, I may have to drag my ass on down for a little pre-meeting luncheon.

25. Choptop

Choptop

Ok, yer homework is to come up with possible locations to look at while I'm in the great state of AZ.

Fairgrounds, parks, drive-ins, empty grocery stores or large industrial spaces...

PM locations, addresses or google earth links and I'll compile a list and go over them before hitting the ground in AZ later this week.

26. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

hey I am in so just let me know where the final agreed place is and count me in.. I know that Scrap Iron wants to get a shoe in and help get this thing goin with the rest of yall... Pm me kerry and count me in!

27. krome

krome

I need to find my pics of crusin South Central in 94-96

28. well we are having the Jerome bike (and kar) jamboree. also. since the smoke out isn't coming anymore the same person who does the jamboree is putting something together for the city.. so give it another year.. and we will.. right in the middle of the state too. sooo stay tuned...

29. Kerry67

Kerry67

OK, we have the Fairgrounds, Tempe Beach Park, The Glendale Drive in, Scottsdale Drive in, there is always the Peoria Sports Complex or Glendale College where the swaps are but not sure how they would be for a show like this. Anyone else think of any bigger places ? Isn't there a fairgrounds around Casa Grande that may be cheaper than the Phoenix location ? Not as good of a location but it is worth looking into maybe......See you guys on Saturday. Who all is in for lunch ? The So-Cal Swap in the morning (I'll be there selling some stuff)????

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm in for lunch of course! I'll be at So-Cal as well. For the bigger question, yes Casa Grande does have a fairgrounds, but ti's a kinda small almost all dirt affair with very little soul... My opinion of course. It's also quite a ways out of town, limiting any sort of "night life" or outside food venues. Some one mentioned Cottonwood, where the smoke out used to happen. I for selfish reasons would like to see this happen in Phoenix, but damn, that's not a bad facility - a little more dirt than I'd like, but an excellent location with regards to things to do off sight, restaurants, lodging, etc.