Register now to get rid of these ads!

A stash of stuff and it's for sale....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesMcD, May 19, 2010.

1. JamesMcD

JamesMcD

A stash of stuff and it's for sale, but I'm trying to figure out the logistics, because it's rather far away from me.

Attached Files:

2. JamesMcD

JamesMcD

More...

Attached Files:

3. JamesMcD

JamesMcD

This is supposed to be only a fraction of what is there. The school bus is full of boxes of "stuff" and then there's another school bus and I think another shed.

4. How far is far?

5. F&J

F&J

Is that a 37 cad or lasalle ?

(I hear those are a popular transmission);) :D

6. JamesMcD

JamesMcD

It's a '37 Oldsmobile.

7. Yur gunna need a really big truck!

8. just by the whole lot, and take what you want and then give the rest to me:D

9. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Find a place that sells used semi trailers. I got a 48' for 1200CDN, 'cause freight guys all run 53's now. I have a CDL, so I rented a tractor unit for the day($350)No CDL? Then make a deal to get someone to haul it for ya. that way, you don't have to instantly unload it and you now have a storage trailer.
    I also have a 30'er that I snuck home home on my dodge 1 ton down the back roads:p

10. JamesMcD

JamesMcD

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.2 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> The stuff is in Vermont. I was wrong about there being another bus. But the bus shown is full up with "stuff". It's unfortunate that the pictures don't do justice to what is there.

This collection belonged to the father of a friend I work with. He was a very avid restorer and collector of Fords and was known to chase hot-rodders away from the property with a ball-peen hammer. At one point there were 105 cars on the property but they have since been sold or crushed over the last 20 years. The owner died in '92 and my friend always assumed his brother would take on everything and sell it off because the brother was the car enthusiast. However, the brother had his own business interests in machine tools in Colorado and never got around to dealing with this stuff. He has since passed on as well so that leaves my friend to "do something" with this amalgamation. His mother is still alive and he wants to sell the stuff to get money for her to travel and see her family members who are all over the country. She is getting on in years.

My friend grew up surrounded by his father's interests and appreciates cars, understands them, and can identify them and work on them, but he is just not an enthusiast; it's not his thing. He basically wants a responsible and serious person to pay one sum for the whole lot. A guy with time and space on his hands could keep what he wants and Ebay the rest and make some money. Because his mother is quite elderly he doesn't want a bunch of people traipsing over the property and disturbing her. He needs a non-flake who can take on everything in one go with minimal muss and fuss.

I'm going to try to make a deal with my friend to get a little bit of the stuff before he moves the vast majority of it. There's a possibility I could get the Olds (if I can make space), and if not that I would probably like to only pick up a couple of the flat heads and a model A radiator shell. I would love to have it all but I live in suburbia and I just can't see how it's possible...although I'm thinking hard about it...

If someone up there in the north-east thinks he is the guy to take this stuff on, he can PM me and I will put you in contact with my friend once I am absolutely sure I'm not able to take this on.

I don't want this to be a FS thread but maybe it's too close to being one already. I just want to possibly connect &#8220;the right guy&#8221; with my friend so he can continue correspondence until his delima is taken care of.

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you cant afford the lot find a partner with the cash. Go ask the old lady where she wants to go travel. Find out what airfares to all those places would cost, throw in some extra money and make an offer. Win/win. That is if there is enough stuff to make it worth your while. What are the 20 cars? Any hemi's etc??

12. hvychvy

hvychvy

13. RamblerClassic

RamblerClassic

If only it was by seattle...

14. rwoody1

rwoody1

what panhead pete said

got a phone number?

i might be a player