Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear down, how far?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BZNSRAT, May 20, 2010.

1. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

When I 'flip' my rear on my 55 Chevy PickUp (put the springs under the axle), how much is it going to drop the rear?? I know alot of yall have done it.
    As you can see below, my backside is pretty high.
    Thanx for the help!

Attached Files:

2. ELDANGEROSO

ELDANGEROSO

Well I just did a flip on my 59 Chevy and took a leaf out and that gave me about 6 inch (I think). So I would say with just the flip it will take you down about 4 to 5 inch. Correct me if I'm wrong but the amount will also be determined by how wore out your springs are to. Also plan on doing a C-Notch if you want to haul anything, cause with the flip there is not much clearance from the diff. to the frame.

3. Voh

Voh

it will take it down quite a bit. the smart ass answer is the height of the axle and spring perch. i did it a bit back on my 64 ford F100. it was perfect, but ended up with lack of clearance between the axle and frame. take some crude measure ments and let the air out of the tires. it will most likely be all of that.

4. 117harv

117harv

The hight of the spring pack, the diameter of the axle housing and the thichness of the weld on spring pad totaled together.

5. outlaw56

outlaw56
    from Hines, MN

Spring over lifts are 5-6, depending on tube and spring pack. Get a tape and measure, yes watch for any obstructions like the frame.

6. The Hitch Hiker

The Hitch Hiker

On a side note, how low is too low? How many inches from the deck would you be comfortable driving it at?

7. ELDANGEROSO

ELDANGEROSO

Here is a link to a youtube video that shows some guy who flipped his 58 Chevy. Its a real, real short video and the quality sucks, but the last part shows how low he got and how close the axle is to the frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CfF2hRfBc