Register now to get rid of these ads!

New England Speed Shops..revisited, kind of.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deyomatic, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I've seen the thread on old and long since gone speed shops in MA and CT. Are there any good ones left in MA or CT? I've gotten some stuff here and there from the big online suppliers but it doesn't seem like you make out much cheaper when they charge you a handling fee and you have to send stuff back on your own dime because their product descriptions are bogus. It would be nice to have some places to just stop by and pick stuff up.

I know Don's is on the Berlin Turnpike and I really should stop there more often...I know of National Speed in Vernon...Any others?

2. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

Well,theres Belmonts Rod and Custom in Dedham Ma.

3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

My friend Will recently opened Acushnet Speed out here by me.
    Give him a call, he'll meet or beat most deals.

Acushnet Speed
    3230 Acushnet Avenue
    New Bedford, MA 02745-3628
    (508) 995-7409

I just picked up all of my parts for a hot 383 I'm building for my boat...his prices and service were awesome!:D

4. Is Chet's still open on RT-2 outside of Preston, CT? (Like...out by the reservation I think)
    He always treated me right when I lived in New London.
    Jannety has a big name, but I cannot vouch for their service.

5. padorey

padorey

I Have done buisness with National Speed, Super Guys, Lots of knowage.
    support local small business. Not the big boxs like Speedway motors, ect

6. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

R+S speed shop in Portsmouth RI is still going at it. They put on apretty good gathering I, August too.

7. theccrider

theccrider

C&C Specialties in foxboro ma. about 4 miles from the stadium on rte 106 in foxboro, totally old school.

8. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

Damn I live in Foxboro,didnt even know about that one.

9. theccrider

theccrider

we're hanging out at the mansfield swap meet this weekend.....did i see ya there

10. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I know I started this thread but in case there's any more CT residents some more that I've found/remembered are:
    RT Speed on Route 10 in Southington near the Plainville line

Northeastern Speed on Route 3 in Rocky Hill

Mustangs Unlimited is a warehouse for Mustang and Cougar stuff in Manchester and they've been saving me with all the last minute weekend stuff I need. Three or four times I've driven to National to look for something, they NEVER have it, and on the way home I pick it up at Mustangs unlimited. You Ford nuts would LOVE it. It's strange looking through a catalog that doesn't list Chevrolet engine displacement sizes for any products in the catalog. You feel like you're in a different country when you look at it.

11. novarat71

novarat71

Have you checked out Performance Specialties on 10 Cross St. in Norwalk? Those guys have been around since 1996. They deal with everything, muscle cars, hot rods, trucks, sport compacts.

12. Dave50

Dave50

Theres Victory Auto Speed supply in Fitchburg Mass John has been in buisness for over 30 years and is a car guy victoryspeed.com i believe great guy and fast service has 4x4 etc too

13. pauls fords

pauls fords

Precision Ballance and Machine in Hudson NH.

14. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

I forget the name but there is one in East Hartford Ct but it's more of a warehouse pickup and deliver to the store the next day kind of place.