Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Dragsters @ Eagle Field Fresno Dragway Reunion

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Toymaker, Nov 2, 2009.

1. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

I wish I could be there guy's , but you all know I'm there in thought , good racing everyone.

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

We'll raise a pint to ya Nigel!:D

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Barriers are all set!

4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

We're getting packed and ready to load up and head out in the morning.:p

5. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

Two...more...days...

6. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

5/20/10, 1438 hrs.
    Flamed the Barn Job. :D

Did a quick timing check & adjust, drove'er up the driveway, checked the new cam & clutch out on the street, and backed'er up to the trailer ramps.

Measured the new rear track & adjusted the ramps for it, and left'er to cool off a bit before I load'er up.

Eyeballed the street test and both stripes are exactly the same length. ;)

Eagle Field beckons ........
    :cool:

Edit: 1812 hrs. Drove'er up on the trailer, tied'er down and hooked the trailer up to Russ' truck. We be ready.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  7. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Don't forget the pic's , I'll do you a deal , I'll post some pic's from Sydney if you post from Eagle Field.OK.

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Sheesh, gotta bribe'em for down under pics now ......... :rolleyes:
    :D

No sweat, well take some and see to it they show up here. :cool:

Hey Thingy, don't forget to bring HAMBie along.

9. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Be lookin for ya soon Dick! Rocky

10. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

ARE WE THERE YET...ARE WE THERE YET...ARE WE THERE YET.:p

11. ThingyM

ThingyM

I won't be there.. Sorry.. Family issues..I have a wife with some health problems. And a daughter that is having a 50th birthday..I sure will miss it..But will be at "THE NEXT ONE".....

12. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Gettin' closer to 7:00AM every minute!

Sorry to hear you're not coming Dick. Hope your wife's feeling better soon. And Happy B-Day to your daughter!

13. c'mon.....hurry up, it's saturday night here and we've done our racing......:rolleyes:;):D

Pics and storys please,

Drewfus:)

14. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Pics coming. Stories, there's got to be thousands. The hotrodding hoard decended upon Eagle Field on Sat! Thousands of people, hundreds of cars racing. I said it before, it was pandamonium! Rocky couldn't have imagined what occured. Racing started at 12:00 and they were still pouring in the gate. Everyone thought the first E.F. Gathering was a hugh success. Children playing in the sandbox compaired to what transpired on Sat. From the most humble of HAMBsters to A/Gas and T/F exibitions it was ALL there. And it wasn't just the same guys racing each other over and over again. There were even fresh rides late in the day. Maybe 11th hour racers getting a call from their buddy's telling them to drag their cars out there?

Rocky has a monster on his hands. As long as "The Man" doesn't try to quelch the dragracing inferno that has roared back to life in Fresno Co., he has a bonafide success for years to come. If you consider the first Gathering in '09 the rebirth of Central Cal. dragracing then this was definately the "teething" phase. More staff, more organization and, fingers crossed, portable bleachers. Rocky and his crew had no idea of the tsunami of people that would wash into Dos Palos on May 22nd 2010 and they made a valiant effort to control it. It wasn't easy and they they all did yeomans work to keep it under control. Hat off to all.

Rocky, you may not have started out this little endevour seeking fame and forture (well fame anyway) but you are a certified dragracing promoter now and from everyone that raced, exibited and spectated, kudos and a huge Thank You for giving life back to a sport long missed and gratefully resuscitated in this area. One last, and hugely deserved thank you to Joe Davis without whos support and generosity this event wouldn't have had an EZ Ups chance in a duststorm of ever happening in Fresno Co. Hats off to all!

15. Maniac Mike

Maniac Mike
    from Dos Palos

It's like a trip back in time for me. Not being around drag racing since the 60's. Now its right here in my backyard. This was my second E.F. Drag event. I wouldn't miss it. To stand next to the track watching grass roots racing yesterday was absolutely awesome. Too bad about the wind & dust this time. To the guy in the chevelle that didn't hit anything despite his situation, what a great job ! ! !

16. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I'll second that! I think they both needed a change of shorts after that.

17. GooseNZ

GooseNZ

18. 97

Jeez Goose that 'aint the Maverick way! You are supposed to tell a fantastic story for all us sad bastards sitting at home , 10,000 miles away living vicariously through your travels.

19. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Thanks for the great Pics! I used to live in Lodi,sure makes me want to get back for the "Back to Kingdon" event.

20. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Oh, he has "tales", 97, there were some. Perhaps holding'em for personal presentation? :D

He should be hitting the tarmac in about an hour. :cool:

21. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

OK Dick, so what's the story on your timing set. Saw the remains on your wooden trunk when we first cruised in and you were MIA. Saw you make one pass. Did you make more? You've been the hard luck story of the season so far. I think I saw Joe push back too.

Oops, never mind. Just read the Barn Job thread. Questions answered. Some guys have all the luck.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  22. 97

Yep the young Maverick is home safe and sound, I cannot thank you enough ( You and Kay and Russ) for looking after him so well.
    Rocky too for making Ben a guest....... if any of you guys ever come this way for a visit you'll have a guaranteed good time ......
    Yep, Ben has real hot rodding stories to tell now, and he has been infected, he is already planning sheds, welders, and hot rods....... in a one week business trip he has been and seen the birthplace and roots of rodding thanks to a bunch of friendly HAMB ers....... something he could never have done without your help.
    cheers

23. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

It was fully our pleasure, thanks for the opportunity.
    Ben, you're a gentleman, and those're getting harder to find. :cool:

24. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

What he said...it was great hanging out with you Ben.

25. GooseNZ

GooseNZ

Hey guys, thanks for having me, it really was a blast, meeting you (Dick) and Kay, Russ, 440 and Rocky, who have been so deep in "Proper" hotrodding for so long was such a blast, and saved me from wandering aimlessly for the weekend. Without you, I dont think i would have had the courage to venture so far from 'home'. my thanks to everyone I met/hung out with, for making it such an awesome trip, and definately to 97 for putting me in contact with such an awesome bunch of people. Craig, i definately owe you a few bourbons, and Dick/Kay/Russ, some dr peppers!

Get in touch if you end up here for sure!

26. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

Ben, you are most welcome. It was a pleasure to meet you and I am so glad we were able to get you to Eagle Field. Be sure to let us know when your job sends you this way again and we will be sure to find some interesting weekend sojourns. Take care. Kay

27. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Hey Ben , I know what you're saying , they are very special people and make you feel part of the team don't you think.Nigel.

28. props to all involved, from the coverage I've seen, that despite the hectic element due to the sheer numbers who attended it looked like a great day with alot of passionate people, a credit to all involved.

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

29. GooseNZ

GooseNZ

yeah, absolutely!

i alo met so many people there, its hard to know who is who i=on here, seems to be a lot more on here that knew who i was (one of the very few NZ'ers there) and now recognise who i am on the HAMB... and i have no idea who is who haha.

all good.

30. DanCook

DanCook
    from caruthers

You nailed it, Katuna. What a spectacle the Fresno Dragways Reunion was! Best I remember, the dust flew in Raisin City when the wind blew. Hats off to everyone involved in putting the race on and to all the racers and fans!