Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Ford guy from PA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Rockabillykat666, May 17, 2010.

1. i've been on here a while and never got around to introducing myself..
    Name's Johnny from Western Pennsylvania..I'm a long time member of the Drifters Car Club of Pittsburgh..I play guitar in a group called the Legendary Hucklebucks and i own 2 1955 fords. My baby is my 55 fairlane named charlotte. she has a 351w and an AOD tranny. been driving it for a while but i'm actually doing things the right (safe) way this time around..so i'm always looking for tech tips. this winter i'll begin the big project of a body swap.. charlotte is a 4 door the other 55 is a two door customline..wish me luck.

2. pennygirl

pennygirl

HEY !! I know you ! Welcome to the HAMB Johnny !!

3. welcome from good ole hatboro pa

4. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

Wow what a concept, a ford with a ford engine holy shit haha, nice to meet ya!

5. I'm working on a '55 Ford Fairlane 4 door that my parents bought new at Drake Motor Co. here in Rockmart GA. 272 and 3 on the tree, car was built at the Memphis TN plant on 7/21/55. It's the car I learned to drive on. Still got a lot to do but getting there. Some mild custom touches (shaved hood and deck lid, remote solenoid to open trunk), upgrading to disc brakes on front, 12v electrical system with GM internal reg alternator, electric wipers, otherwise pretty much stock. Always thought '55s were one of Ford's better styling efforts.

Tell me the third character of the serial number and the production code that is on the serial number plate below the serial number, and I can tell you the assembly plant and build date for your '55s.
    The serial #on mine starts off with U5MT which breaks down as:
    U=272 ci V8 engine
    5=1955 model year
    M=Memphis TN assembly plant
    T=Fairlane Town Sedan body style
    Production code begins with 21G, which gives you the build date:
    21=21st day of month. G=7th letter of alphabet=7th month of year, July.

Last edited: May 19, 2010