Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who Else Out There Owns a Chev Roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Any other Chev roadster owners out there?
    Please post pics be it stock, rodded or dilapidated termites nest.

my '25
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    EVL401, Six Ball, grumpy32 and 3 others like this.
  2. Jimmy,

Mine is still just a chassis... hope to update that over the summer!

Six Ball and volvobrynk like this.
  3. Bump

No other Chev roadster owners? besides me & Bill?

4. flatjack

flatjack

Had a 35, but sold it about 6 years ago. The guy started to work on it, but I've lost track of him.

5. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Six Ball and volvobrynk like this.
  6. OK, I confess
    31 roadster, I have Terminex on retainer.
    Had it couple years, want to do a east coast lowboy thing
    Tried to get it low with the semi elliptics for over a year, finally gave in and got a cross spring.
    Gave up on coil overs and going with quarter elliptics in the back, kinda like the Speedway lowbuck lowboy.
    I think I'm at the point where I can get some body work done. The panel below the trunk lid is gone and poorly repaired a couple times.
    I have a 250 I-6/'glide with a 10 bolt
    I figure I can have it finished by the LA Roadsters Father's Day Show,
    if I throw about 15 grand at it

Attached Files:

Six Ball likes this.
  7. If I were a rich man (biddy, biddy, biddy...) I'd own a '29 Roadster- they are drop-dead gorgeous:

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  8. VenturaMotors

VenturaMotors

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just wanted to be counted in.

9. Did you see the raodster body sitting in parts at Ballarat swap Jimmy?
    He wanted 2k for it, no cowl. I went past on my way home and it was still there :/

10. ... what's that wierd radiator shell you're running?... :D

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  11. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

wow, that is pretty!

12. Yup, just needs the windshield laid back a smidge...

13. I almost went gasser look on my roadster, extremes, either way up or way down
    I've liked the way down look since I first saw the Tony LaMesa roadster, Okay, it's a ford, but I like the style.

14. Do you know the owner? I'm wondering about the door hinges...I know weird question, but i'm looking for some for my 28 tourning and they are different from his, but the doors look the same.

15. PBR,

I thought I saw some '28 "4 door" doors on evilpay- they were sedan, but might work for you with some tweaking?

16. the belt line is way off. a buddy up here has a set and they are way to big, plus the belt line being off. I got a guy that says we can easily make one, but i was hopeing to do most of this myself.

17. wizzard23

wizzard23

Jimmy, I love your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

18. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Any updates on the '25 Jimmy?

Looks nuts!

HC.

19. This one's cool... http://www.rocketspeedequipment.com/vehicles/29roadster.html

I sold a grille shell last year to a guy building a Chevy RPU... not sure what happened to it. That's ebay for you... a giant online whorehouse.

20. Originally posted by PBRmeASAP
    Do you know the owner? I'm wondering about the door hinges...I know weird question, but i'm looking for some for my 28 tourning and they are different from his, but the doors look the same.

I think the door hinges you need are used only on roadster and touring cars. They a different than sedan and coupe in the fact they did not use pins and the doors are removable. PM me and I will give you the tele number of a guy here in DFW that repops some out of stainless but are exact duplicates of the originals. Paul

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  21. Paul,
    thanks for the heads up. I may have a set coming, does this guy deal with 28's? I'm looking for the door front pass side.

22. Bodger45

Bodger45

Hey Jimmy, I sure love the look of your '25! TK

23. 28 ponti

28 ponti

In my opinion this Chevy roadster is the ultimate expression of the term hot rod. It's a beautiful car and a true racing icon. I'm glad to have a photo of it hanging over my desk with Hugh Tucker's signature on it. Ralph

24. Cheers HC! I did a post couple weeks back My S/G inspired 1925 Chev roadster build overview thread

That Kiwi '29 is awesome I would love to build one similar with a Y-block I have sitting here

Thanks TK!

The Hugh Tucker roadster is plain badass.

25. The guy originally made a set for his 33 roadster and made a few extras since the roadster hinge is the same from 29 and quite possibly 28. If you notice in the roadster pictures the hinges are a factory hidden hinge and quite unique.

26. I'd sure love one also, the coach body would be replaced in a heartbeat! Here's another good looking, potential hot rod.;)

Attached Files:

27. This is my bro's '37.
    His handle on the HAMB; hot-rod dude.

Attached Files:

Torkwrench, Six Ball and grumpy32 like this.
  28. bct

bct

i'm collecting parts for one....i have '27 1/4 panels , cowl , frame , hood , g/shell, 54chev front juice brakes, 10 bolt 68 camaro rear and an iron duke 4 banger w/s10 5 speed....

i need doors and trunk lid but it will be low enough just to make non functioning doors with some sedan skins i have...and maybe a louvered rear deck lid area....top to bottom...hood sides would be nice but whatever....

29. bct

bct

oh ya ....it will stay a four springer ....no ford parts at all...

Six Ball likes this.
  30. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The stock 29 taillight is that a high water option ?