Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to FL and new to the HAMB.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 64Pcode, May 19, 2010.

1. 64Pcode

64Pcode

My names Fred, Just moved to Mt. Dora fl from central NY. Brought my 31' model A victoria with me( I will work on getting pictures loaded). Hoping to find some other hot rodders in the area. From what I can see already most the cruise in's around here are mostly old people and people that dont get traditional built hot rods. If any of you guys are near the area and wanna cruise sometime shoot me a email. Fred.

2. strawberry

strawberry

welcome from polk county theres going to be a shindigg at mcdonalds in sarasota for something called all american ..don't know all the details yet but you might be interested they are registering at mcdonalds on highway 98 n. in gibsonia ..pm me and i'll keep in touch that goes for all local h.a.m.b...thats interested, pm me

3. fraso

fraso

4. brad chevy

brad chevy

Welcome from Webster,Fla about 25 miles west of you,There is a show and swapmeet once a month right in Mt. Dora,and the SUMTER swapmeet the 1st Sunday of each month,you"ll be able to meet alot of the overall hotrod car crowd at these.Send me a PM and I can give you all the details.

5. Is that near Orlando? There are several H.A.M.B. members there, incl. the world famous Nads. Also, The Don Garlits Drag Racing Hall of Fame Museum is a must see!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458069
    I would travel across the country if necessary to see it, plan on a full day.

6. 64Pcode

64Pcode

Thanks for the Welcomes...Hey Brad, I went to the most recent Sumter county Swap meet and the Rennigers swap meet. I wasnt to impressed with rennigers but Sumter was way nice. If there is a few HAMB members near the area, we should set up a cruise somewhere that works for everyone... And BTW the Garlits Museum is worth every penny and you could stay there all day! I would like some more Info on the McDonalds deal, I havent heard anything about that. Check out my Facebook to see pictures of my car. Fred. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/VromanSpeedShop

7. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

hey pomp , glad things are starting to jump down there for ya , your missing the 2nd annual P'town hoedown tomorrow ,hosted by the notorious PENNELLVILLIANS CC the roughest , toughest hot rod bunch in all the land maybe i'll try to snap a pic of ELVIS whooping it up and post it here for ya , between him and that kinky haired nitro breathing farmer we're sure to have the entertainment end covered , almost done with the 59 apache fleetside big window , i'll have to get ya some pics , gonna get a garage /barn soon and then i can get started on the T coupe ,that one is gonna be my baby ,been built in my head for about 5 years ,it's gonna be a fun build .

jp
    hollywQQd

8. 64Pcode

64Pcode

Yeah I need pictures of Breeze, the Dr and Helen Kellar all face to face shit faced and yelling at the top of their lungs!

9. chloichina

chloichina
    from Florida

Welcome to Mt Dora from Umatilla and the forum. Yes all the old farts are either to good or just don't understand (Boyd is the best :D). I just purchased a 30 Model A sedan that is swiss cheese would like some help in the future. Well see you some time but welcome and we will get together. They also have a show/gathing at the Golden Coral on Fridays some time during the month and also in Eustis main drag.

10. Welcome from Arkansas.

11. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.

firstnomad

12. Goatdave

Goatdave

Fred - welcome to central Florida. There are lots of great car shows here - the ones I like best - NSRA in Tampa in October, Turkey Run in November, SE nationals in Webster around Feb (good swap meet), Billet-proof drags in October in Lakeland (Oct 24 this year - lots of old cars ripping up the track - with minibike races, great music and a view of the mud pit racers across the way - where do you get to see a flathead dragster make a pass down the quarter?), Billet Proof in Gainsville in Feb, Traditional show at Don Garlits Museum in March (best one IMO - about 300 traditional and rat rods), Spring Fling in Daytona in March (I stood 10 feet away from the Swamp Rat when Big Daddy fired it up - I couldn't hear for 10 minutes and the nitro made my eyes water - pure heaven). That ignores all the local cruise ins and other shows. Get the cruise news fromOld Town andyou'll get all the cruise ins and club listings.

13. chloichina

chloichina
    from Florida

Thanks for the info about the Billetproof Drags in October.

14. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from west Ga.

15. 62cadd

62cadd

Welcome from Kissimmee, it sucks !!! but welcome.. to the forum