Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2010.....Mudd, Moonshine, Mayhem, and...Balloon Animals???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 18, 2010.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

A couple of very friendly HAMB stalkers.....I mean lurkers, who came up and introduced themselves to me. Nice meeting and chatting with you both. Now come out of the closet and say hello.

My new pal Kickstarts
    [​IMG]

and an old fpal that I hadn't seen in many year since the Syarcuse, NY event, DaveDeltaDog. Wonderful running into and having the opportunity to chat again. Looking forward to next year already.
    [​IMG]

Three gay HAMB dudes who got up outta their chairs to greet BenD but sat on their asses when I approached.:p Guess I know where I stand.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Ran into Pat AKA Verminator at his vendor spot. I enjoyed our chatt bud! Looking forward to seeing you again next year and meeting your better half.
    [​IMG]

Another cookies for stainless trim deal went down with Rodknocker and his adorable son. THANKS so much sweetie! I LOVE these and hope to install them on Saturday.
    [​IMG]

Took all the stainless back to the campsite then headed back over to to the fence as the first of the laps were beginging.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Watched a few more cars them walked around somemore
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopped at Big Olds and chatted with Beatnik Ed for bit. WONDERFUL seeing you again sweetie. Looking forward to hanging out with you in Columbus and Sa-Line-A in July. xoxox:D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

i love your adventure threads, can't wait for more this summer!!

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Megan and I then decided to walk the outter rim of the track. Unbelievable how many cars were in attendance this year.:eek:
    [​IMG]

Some cool bikes
    [​IMG]

Jen getting ready to take some action shots athogh by the look of her back she's already taken a few.:D
    [​IMG]

Sir Woosh making a couple of laps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brucie giving us a hard time:p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My new friend John from the Ford Barn's ride
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This ragtop was super sweet:cool:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tony

Tony

Denise, what can be said that has not been already..
    It was a great weekend with a lot of laugh's and catching up with good friends. I almost didn't make it this year, but am so glad i did!
    Thanks for the killer pics too! you took pics of stuff i didn't even see. very cool.

Tony.

oh yeah, was i REALLY facing the wrong way?? ha!

5. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Fabulous thread, Denise.......you bring it all to life with your commentary, too! You are very generous in putting together these *Adventure* threads......I know how much effort goes into it so that others can enjoy the vicarious experience......great job.......

Nice pic you got of me with my mouth open as usual! I really enjoyed seeing you, Megan, Matt, and the rest of the *Usual Suspects*........

Hope to see you and the gang at the Hunnert in October!

CB

6. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

7. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

love the thread....I hope to see more pics from some others??
    GREAT COVERAGE....
    you sure know how to have fun......
    Brian

8. Verminator

Verminator

Hey Denise, thanks for the great pix. I'm the vendor in the Turkey Run shirt. Too bad you missed Krazy Kim -- she was out shoppin' when you stopped by. Will you be coming to the Showdown Drags?

Pat / Vermin / Verminator

9. hotrod_vixen61

hotrod_vixen61
    from Pittsburgh

haha these pics are great Denise!

10. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

Denise,thanks for the killer shots and it was WICKED KOOL meeting you and hangin at CAMP:HOTRODED and drinkin the Shine.
    [​IMG]
    Fucken Hell,I don't remember going to sleep in my car but did remember one of the Kats rockin my car at 7am on sunday to wake my ass up.
    and to ma'man wit the shitty ASS comment about Denise's first post of the show.Dude you got like 7,591 H.A.M.B. HOOLIGANS ready to "LAY THE SMACKDOWN ON YOUR CANDY ASS" if you ever run your mouth like that again.
    I know Denise can take care of herself but I'd like to throw my 255lb ASS in the mix.NYC in da'House

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Megan then climbed up this little photo tower and I followed. It was alittle rickety and scaring but good shooting from up there......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...till we got yelled at, in the nicest way of course, and asked to come down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

I like meeting happy people and it was nice to meet you Denise. You sure looked(and sounded) like you were having fun on the track after the regular show was over!

13. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

I NEED a wagon!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hot Rodeo Ed making a few laps
    [​IMG]

and the result :D
    [​IMG]

Once again I'm having a brain fart but I really should remmber as I thoughly enjoyed our conversation
    [​IMG]

Extremely cool setup
    [​IMG]

RalphyBoy161, you are one crazy MFr. :eek: Glad we met and were able to hang out.
    [​IMG]

:D I don't remember this dudes name BUT I do remember it's stalker Gary's son :D So, fill me in on how your Dad liked his "gift" ;)
    [​IMG]

AWESOME seeing and chatting with Skate Fink and his LOVELY wife Erin.
    [​IMG]

Alittle hokey ass group shot towards the end of the day
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks sweetie! I sure was having fun in those roadster at the end of the night thats for sure.

16. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

You don't come here much, do you?

Thanks for posting Denise, looks like fun!

17. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

once again denise went to hang out with a bunch of peoples and some cars showed up huh, 'magine that.... is this gunna happen at milan this weekend? i like mudd. gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

18. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

Denise,I gotta meet up with you & the H.A.M.B. Wild Bunch again at a show real soon.People this show was "THE SHIZ-NITZ"

AFTERMATH MUD VIDEO

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6M8-DXhaG8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6M8-DXhaG8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

19. Denise, great coverage as usual!! I love it when you put HAMB names and faces together! Thanks again!

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nappy's cool ass ragtop which BTW was chalk full of girls cruzn all weekend. I tell ya what guys, convertibles and roadster are chick magnets!

Wonderful hanging and partying with you all weekend sweetie. I'll see ya at Cumberland. xoxoxo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A private tattoo contest in the making??:D
    [​IMG]

Got to see and hang out with my good pal Doug AKA DeCayed40 and his lovely wife. You're looking GREAT bud. Keep up the good work. I'll see ya in Columbus and Salina. xoxox
    [​IMG]

BobK and his lovely wife Maggie were in attendance in their freshly redone Chev. GREAT seeing ya sweetie. I'm sure our paths will cross next month at Indy
    [​IMG]

Sawzall and the boys packed up and heading out
    [​IMG]

Alittle after hours track time...Billy Towers driving with Skidmarks hold on for dear life!
    [​IMG]

Skidmarks waiting for his next passenger....ME...and I determined right away he wasn't muddy enough. :D
    [​IMG]

me helping him find the mudd
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After my ride with Skidmarks I got the awesome privlege of being a passenger with Wild Billy Towers behind the wheel. I don't have any photos cuz the car was goig way too fast for that BUT I know there are some out there cuz I saw flashes going off. THANKS so much to Billy for giving this hot rod roadster gal the ride of her life! xoxox

Todd AKA VA HAMB just sent me the link to the video that he took. Thanks bud!
    [​IMG]

We had alittle fly over
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

THEN the mudd wrestling started, Hot Rodeo Ed and Hotrod_Vixen61. It was a hoot to watch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But Ed was getting the upper hand so Megan and I had to help out.
    The two following photos were just sent to me by Dave AKA House of Fab who just prior to all this "after hours" mayhem I was sitting with having a nice conversation.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once Ed was down we left Cari and Ed to play in the mudd together...alone.;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHA you caught my BIG FAT DOMINICAN ASS when I wasn't lookin.You RULE Denise

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I tried to get my camera outta my pocket when BOTH you guys had your shirts off but I was laughing my ass off so much I had trouble finding my pocket.

24. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

with this spectacle going on,its a miracle you got this shot...Have a great day Honey!:D

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/akxoG8HUZQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/akxoG8HUZQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So things were quiting down, folks are starting to wander back to their campsites and start grilling or whatever when outta no where this car enters the track and at full speed takes a couple of laps. The worst of it was there was a couple of small children crossing the track that had no idea what was going on and almost got smushed. Larry took care of business and I'm sure the asshole owner will be visiting a bodyshop real soon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Men....the whole worlds a urinal :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

ActionGirl and her wife having just as much fun this year as last year. WONDERFUL hanging out with you again sweetie
    [​IMG]

FlipFlop and sandle wearing has begun!
    [​IMG]

BenD stopped and hung out with us for awhile. Always great seeing you sweetie
    [​IMG]

HRLC, Action Girl and ChevyGirlRox
    [​IMG]

I then "borrowed" Spike's COOL bike and made the social rounds stopping of course and hanging out with the Long Island bunch
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  26. Excellent stuff as usual. Thanks Denise

27. Exactly what I was thinking...

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

All the info, including a web link, is listed earlier in this thread.

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ed and Cari trying to stay warm....or at least that's what they were telling us :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

On my way back from riding around on the bike I discovered the solution to make sure no one else entered the track that night
    [​IMG]

Once again everyone hanging out at the campfire, eatting s'mores' mountain pies, drinking moonshine, telling lies, you get the pitcure.
    [​IMG]

Our three new friends from VA
    [​IMG]

30. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Great coverage as usual!

Wow, it looks like you picked up a ton of stainless!

Give this stuff a try when you start polishing it up...
    [​IMG]

Use a soft sponge on the nice stuff and the scrubby side on the not so nice stuff.

test it in a small spot first to see what you think.
    - Joe