Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Wyoming

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by firerod63, May 12, 2010.

1. firerod63

firerod63

Hello everyone. My name's Chad, and I'm a firefighter from Wyoming. I'm currently running a '63 F-100 Unibody SB with a 302 and C-4 auto trans. Other than that, it's pretty much stock. Doin what I can to work on it here and there (pics will be up in my profile soon I hope), but you don't do my job to get rich. Plus the whole 3 kids thing slows building down a bit as well. But I digress. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hope learn more as I go. Thanks for havin' me!

2. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB . Thanks for being a Fireman . Remember to take care of your Family and everything else will fall into place . Although not as fast as one would like sometimes .

3. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

Howdy and welcome.

4. firerod63

firerod63

I hear that as f ar as "not as quick as one would sometimes like". I hate waiting. :)

5. dsr_54

dsr_54

6. Welcome man, dido to what DSR said. join us...

7. Huckster59

Huckster59

welcome from illinois

8. Model A Speedster

Model A Speedster

Welcome from O-H---I-O. You'll not regret becoming a HAMB member. Great people and good advice.

9. firerod63

firerod63

10. mauler rich

mauler rich

Welcome from Wilmington NC

11. firerod63

firerod63

...ok...so I'm becomming rather frustrated. Maybe it's because I'm a techno tard. Been tryin like crazy to get some pics of my ride up on here, but even after resizing, I keep getting upload error messages. I will keep trying. Stay tuned, more to come...

12. Welcome from Arkansas...

13. firerod63

firerod63

Ok, so here's the only pic I could get to load up....not sure why, but it is. Anyways, the truck (yes, there is a truck behind that beautiful lady) is my 1963 Ford F-100 Unibody SB. I'm currently running a 302 cu in with a 2 bbl carb and dual exhaust, a C-4 auto trans, and the original (rebuilt a few years ago) 8.8" rear end with a full floating limited slip. Other than that, the truck's pretty much stock. Plans include: swapping the rear end out to a 31 spline 9", power disc front brake conversion, more powerful engine (I'm leaning toward a big block, but haven't decided yet) and dropping the front end 3-4 inches and the rear 1-2 inches. I plan on staying with the solid front axle (dig them straight axles). Going to be removing the gas tank from behind the seat to under the bed, and doing a custom bucket seat interior. Long ways to go I know, but I think it'll be cool if I can ever get it done.

The beautiful lady in the picture is the lovely Lacy Lane. You may recognize her from the cover of Old Skool Rodz magazine (2 issues back). The photographer is Johnny Covey. The picture was taken at Hot Rods, Rat Rods & Harleys show that was held at Thunder Mountain Harley Davidson in Loveland, CO on May 15th, 2010.

Attached Files:

14. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Hey Chad, welcome to the HAMB. Great to meet you at Loveland.

15. johnnie

johnnie
    from indiana

I really like those uni-bodies! Yours is looking good ( took some concentration to see the truck!). Welcome from IN.

16. firerod63

firerod63

It was great to meet you in Loveland as well! Keep you eyes peeled...I will be posting here as well as on the Road Devils site about the show in August we talked about.

Thanks again for the great pics! Seems like everywhere I put them, guys are enjoying them very much. I look forward to being able to do it again!

17. firerod63

firerod63

Thanks Johnnie. I think I got pretty lucky when I got the truck. It lived most of its early years in AZ, then later in its life moved to CO, where I bought it from the original owners daughter. Typical body problems...floor boards need replaced, cab mounts need replaced, tailgate needs replaced, etc etc. Nothin major, just the typical problem areas for those old slicks.

18. Lacy Lane

Lacy Lane
    from Nebraska

Welcome to the HAMB! Good luck with your project, and it was really nice to meet you in Colorado. Hope to see you soon.

19. firerod63

firerod63

Thank you. And it was deffinitely a pleasure meeting you as well! And thank you again for taking time out to snap a few quick pictures with my truck! I greatly appreciate it.

20. fraso

fraso