Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Great British Northern Flathead Meltdown run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daisyduke, May 17, 2010.

1. Hmm Hotrodders vs Austin 7s...! Seriously, you guys had quite an adventure and it was great for you to share it all with us. Over here the Vintage Car Club do similar stuff in the South Island and I can see a few Kiwi HAMBERs picking up on what you guys are doing in Blighty. Thanks for sharing.

2. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

AWESOME TRIP!!!!!!!!!! Some folks forget that having an adventure is the whole point. beautiful countryside! even some open stretches of road. most of the d-bags over here with billit everything hotrods are missing out. makes me wish i could get a "lardy-cake" .

3. Daisyduke

Daisyduke

Sorry i have no idea of the route:eek: i was just a passenger admiring the scenery :eek:. I'll try and find out for ya.

As for the car Nutrocker or Nifty on here could give you more information.

4. deucegasser

deucegasser

Thank you for posting the pics. Great lookin hotrods. Did anyone ever tell you guys you got a fuckin' beautiful country. I wanna go. Rule Britainia.

5. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

English Hot Rodders know to have fun!

6. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Too bloody right they are Rich, the wind was that strong and cold my face is stuck like that permanently!:D

Great Photos Beck, I particularly like the ones of the back of my head as it's been pointed out the front of it is a bit of a stomach churner! Haha

7. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Amazing pictures...

8. nifty

nifty
    from UK

It has to be the most fun I've had at a car weekend, just a few friends hooning around and acting like kids, fantastic.
    We had a leisurely drive "op North" on the friday, 3 cars travelling up through the Peak District, climbing up the infamous Snake's Pass and driving headlong into Yorkshire and the Penines. The scenery is beautiful, freakin' cold but none the less superb driving countryside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Well we thought friday's drive took in some stunning scenery and crazy little lanes, saturday's run out proved that the Penines have got it all. Once a major industrial area of the north, the cotton mills were in there hundreds unfortunately only a few survive today being cared for by "old boys in boiler suits", these custodians do a great job of keeping the steam age alive.
    ...and old British motorbikes
    [​IMG]
    stoking up a full head of steam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  10. howco

howco

Love it, well done eh?

11. nifty

nifty
    from UK

So it seems everything was sedate and of a quiet and calm nature, with vintage cars winding their way through the English countryside, taking in the sights and delving into the local history.
    Yeah but these are hotrods and we're a bunch of idots,so what would you do if the field you're camping in had a motorcross track at the bottom of it? Of course you'd take that pristine '31 roadster and ramp the tits off it round the track!
    [​IMG]
    and that '26 RPU that never missed a beat the whole weekend, that's right, give it some hammer
    [​IMG]
    and that lovely 21 stud powered Sport Coupe that proved so reliable on the drive to the Cezch Republic? Yep, you guessed it
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  12. nifty

nifty
    from UK

[​IMG]

What more could anyone ask for, great friends, cars driven like they were stolen, plenty of laughs and beautiful countryside, all thanks to Odgie and Miss P
    [​IMG]

13. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

HARD CASE ! ,brings back memorys of the countryside.

14. kisam

kisam

Thanks for sharing! Now that is a reliability run! Loved the cars and the countryside is beautiful.

15. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

[​IMG]

Yup! big thanks to Odgie and P,and everyone else, you were all great company.

Mark H, It was a great finish to a fantastic few weeks for Gill and I. from West Bohemia to Yorkshire in the same week!

On the track...

My A cross legged

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YuXgarPcV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLrV-doSoYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgO39UXLiSo

Becky givin' it some

[​IMG]

To reinforce what Nathan said, and just to prove we didn't just take our time.

Becky, thanks for taking the time to post.

The smile says it all.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  16. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope everyone on here sees this. Great to see cars driven that way. If someone had told me you guys were on a dirt bike track I would not have believed them..... Good on ya guys.

Whats the tiny RPU in post 16? Great looking grill shell!

17. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

It's an Austin Lichfield.

Last edited: May 26, 2010