Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown pics by HotRod Jen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalhotrodgirl, May 17, 2010.

1. Nice shots Jen, I always look forward to seeing your action shots.

i couldn't make it but at least I had a car there.
    TZ

2. Nice pics! Thanks Jen

3. Zigger

Zigger

Big thanks to all who posted pics but these were the ones I was waiting for!!
    Fantastic Jen!! Hope to make it next year!

4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

WOW Killer pictures Jenn !! Looks like a great time and hope to go next year !

5. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Great photos Jen, nice seeing you again!

6. roadesigner

roadesigner
    from Hartly, De

Nope, first guy was skidmarks. Second was Bill Towers, he doesn't know how to use a magic box (computor). I be the one with the Olds hubcaps

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm starting to figure out who was who.
    Bill Towers sure knows how to drive that car. The ride of my life on that track, that's for sure!

I'm sticking like glue to that dude next year......with cookies in my hand.:D

8. #### Damn Denise , Sorry I missed this !! >>>>.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yeah, you certainly missed it.
    Chicks were hopping in strange dudes roadsters left and right and being taken for rides.:cool:

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  10. rustybucket

rustybucket

Great pictures!

11. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Denise brought up Cumberland. Also a fun event with the poker run, jousting and good all around fun. Planning on being there again myself. Camping isn't free, but there are hook ups and showers, just in case there's more mud dancing.............

Sure would like to see Jen's photog talents during the burn outs!

Should I bring the balloons again Denise? (We got pretty crazy with them up there........)

12. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

SIR W
    Dates and location for Cumberland, please. Great meeting ya, but I lost my dice. I think the guys from Rochester grabbed them. Slim

13. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

can you send me the dates and info on that show?

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There were still dice on the table on Sunday morning well after the Rochester boys pulled out. YOU probably traded it for a sip of moonshine while walking abck to your tent.:D

As far as the Cumberland run all I know is it is Labor Day weekend and in Cumberland, MD and I'll be there.

15. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

A sip? That Clear was killer. Walking back to my tent in the dark was a treat. I would never walk in the dark near where I live. HAHA. Thanks Denise. Great to see ya. Slim

16. Cumberland,

Sept 3 – 5
    Fri 8 AM <o:p></o:p>
    Sat 8 AM<o:p></o:p>
    [FONT=Univers (WN)]Sun 8 AM[/FONT]

38<SUP>th</SUP> Annual Western Maryland St. Rod Roundup at the Allegheny County Fairgrounds, route 220 South, Cumberland, MD. Open to 1967 and earlier will be eligible to enter fairgrounds. Pre-reg. (before Aug. 16<SUP>st</SUP>.) $45.00 $55.00 after 16 Aug. One day registration $30.00. Too much to add for 3-days of fun such as Rod Jousting, Food, Poker Runs Friday & Saturday, Dances, games, model car contest, New this year &#8211; Burn Out Contest, Corn Roast, Flea Market and Car Corral ($30.00 per space). Martz Front Suspension Give Away. For run info: (301) 697-0142 or 301-777-7774. Positively No Pets, Bikes, Skateboards, 4-Wheelers, Motorcycles, Motorized water coolers, Golf Carts, Or any other novelity vehicles. Positively No Roll Backs, Late Models or Car Trailers on the Grounds. [FONT=Univers (WN)]www.westernmarylandstreetrod.com[/FONT]

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Paulie, the So-what crew talk VERY highly of your event. SO highly that I'm taking them up on their offer of hanging out with them for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.

18. . . . Denise it's not my event, I just thought I'd help everyone out by posting up what I had. I've never been because something else always seems to be going on but I've heard alot of good stuff about it.

Paul :D

19. 1low52

1low52

...Not my event either, but we've been going for 30+ years. We camp in the corral 'down by the river' every year and greatly enjoyed the regatta last year.
    The Shodown in the spring and the Cumberland corn to begin the fall. A yearly ritual.
    Great to hear your gonna give it a go Denise. Tim

20. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

sounds like a good time!

21. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

GREAT shots Jen, wow! I felt like I was there... :D

but I have a good excuse.

22. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

well bill maybe next year right ..

23. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Slim.....
    Sorry you missed out on the dice! Brought all I had too. Will have to come up with something for the Round up and make sure yours goes in your vehicle........

Thanks for the Round up details Paulie!

There are some Round up videos on Youtube. Not a lot, but shows some of the jousting/burn outs.

Hope Jen can come along and do her photo magic for this event too!

24. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Xlnt photos! Looks like a great time!

25. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

So you weren't there? I heard you were and were super sad we didn't get to hang out :( So you were or you weren't?

26. Hey jen, I saw you out by the fence. Did you happen to get any pictures of me going around the track in my cab over? Also would you be interested in pinstriping my coe?
    Let me know.

27. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Nope once again I suck and I missed it. Would have loved to have hung out with you guys though... :(

28. Wow, Great pics Jen. Sorry I missed seeing you when I was there (managed to miss a bunch of folk), next time I'm out that way I will stop by to say hi to you all.

MRAK

29. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

yes i did ! i have a fasination with cab overs i did a quick run threw of my photos ill go back and find the ones of ur truck and i would love to pinstripe it

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I could have sworn I saw you from a distance. I can't believe you weren't there.