Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 51 Ford 2DR window glass

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moose223, May 18, 2010.

1. Moose223

Moose223

I am looking for info on removing the vent window and square roll up glass on my 2dr sedan and replacing this with a single rollup window. I am sure it has been done but I haven't come across any specifics, any help out there!
    Moose223:cool:

2. Tak the old glass out.

Make a carboard template of the opening.
    Transfer that to a piece of plywood or plexi glass. Install in the place of the wi nndow and keep trimming until it fits the way you want it.

go to the glass place with your new plywood or plexi template and have them cut new glass for you.

Ok that's a little over simplified you'll probably have to figure some stuff out. but it gets you started.
    Good luck

3. shainerman

shainerman

Is the car chopped? Only reason I ask, I think they look way better with the vent window there. If not, hes right. Try to make a template and widdle it down bit by bit. Ive been doing this all week for my rears and my front vent windows

4. old beet

old beet

It can be done! But not as easy as it sounds. Look closely, the vent window tips in at the front. That has to be straightend out and materal added in the vent window area, so felts can be installed. Also new front glass channel to be installed. The added weight of the glass tends to tip down in front when operated, as its no longer centered at the regulator.....Beet