Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960 Cadillac barnfind... kinda!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ssilver, May 16, 2010.

1. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

I guess I should have double checked what state you live in before I made the "out west" comment . Duh!

2. Ssilver

Ssilver

hahaha... The owner of the shop is a really cool old dude... He knew I had wanted the car for a long time. Guy has garages full of cars and said he didn't think he would live long enough to finish it with the rest of his projects.

Either way it worked in my favor! ;)

3. 60'coupe

60'coupe

That's a great find man congratulations ! If you want to learn about Cadillac's join the Cadillac LaSalle club, they put out a great monthly magazine called "The Self Starter", I look forward to reading it every month. You will also find parts and tech articles regarding Cadillacs.
    '

4. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

The hubcap designer took a vacation for the 1960 model year. Anything is better than those, I'm partial to the 61 hubcaps, but I don't think you can run them on the 60 stock rims as they are too deep. 57's would look cool, or really what you need are caddy wires! look up Headhunter here on the HAMB, his 60 coupe is running wide whites and wires and it's killer! Good luck, i"m extremely jealous of your good fortune!

5. One of my dream boats. Congrats on a great find. You paid what I paid for a '90 Buick Estate Wagon.

6. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Wow. Did the mechanic know what he had his hands on?

7. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

Gee, what a lucky guy!

8. George G

George G

When you are cleaning up that car and vacuuming if there is a lot of grey dust........

9. That's not bad, you got yourself a good $20,000+ car for the sake of an $800 repair bill. It amazes me how dumb some people can be - namely the guy who let this go on a mechanic's lien -

10. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

My mom and my sister both had 60 2 dr caddys like that one and it brings back a lot of memories. I gotta tell you that car does it for me.

11. Does he have a 37 ford he wants to get rid of? I think I got a couple hundred bucks.

12. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I wouldn't make that grave marker visible in any way,shape or form. The son might be the type that if he recognizes the car,he might do something stupid out of anger that the shop owner sold it. Find out the sons address and send it back to him in a box without a return address. It would also be a hell of a mindfuck to him to,and maybe he might learn the value of the rest of what his dad left to him.

13. elricho

elricho

Awesome deal-congrats!!
    But I hate you.

14. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

Wow... What a beauty. Congrats, and I hate ya too. :)

15. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Nice score. I also agree with Hooligan. Lippy

16. sololobo

sololobo

What a sensational story. Usually the 59 is considered the holy grail of Caddys, but those little shark fin taillights are my personal fave. Congrats on the deal of a life time. You my friend will be cruzin in high style. ~Sololobo~

17. 3rd pic..... what am I seeing? Is that a mouse hole from the trunk into the rear seat foam? If it is, pull that rear seat out and do a good old fashioned cleaning/de-lousing.
    I had a similar situation in the headliner of my '56 effie. Iffin it was a mouse condo, get that stuff out of there!

18. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

MAJOR SCORE!!!!
    i'm jealous,,,,WOW,,,,,,talk about being in the right place at the right time!!

makes me miss my 60,,,,i think a 60 is probably my favorite year for caddys, although i love 'em all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

try McVeys for Caddy parts,,,

good luck and have a blast with her!!

19. Ctm_motortrends

Ctm_motortrends
    from Ontario Ca

Great find man. Note to self...Don't leave the kids ant cars !!!

20. Holy crap-what a score for $800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool!! You did good. That was such a good deal, I could have bought it and
    not get in trouble with the wife.... I would mount the marker on the rear speaker
    deck. Good luck get'n her on the road...

Happy Trails,

Mick

22. headhunter

headhunter
    from Austin, TX

Holy Crap... that's a $15K-$20K car... easy. What an unbelievable find - you are one lucky dude! I know I'm biased, but I think the '60 is the finest looking Cadillac ever produced...

I totally agree that you should do as little as possible to the car... they really don't need anything. That said, I'm all for customizing the things that aren't permanent like the wheels/tires, springs, etc. As Jobe said, I'm very partial to the look of the Caddy wires with wide whites. Do a search and you'll find a pic of mine to give you a feel.

Congratulations, man - absolutely amazing car and an amazing deal!!

23. Sweet deal!! Try Kanter for Cad mechanical parts.

24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

damn. what a score. nice work. keep that thing simple!

25. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

X2 Kanter Auto Products usually has multiple ads in Hemmings Motor News for NOS and new parts, rebuild kits, etc. for most makes. www.kanter.com

$800 for a nice Caddy? The people I run into usually want about 20 times that for a steaming pile of dog poo....

26. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Super deal and super score!

27. dsr_54

dsr_54

Great score. I will always have a soft spot for 60's caddys.

28. 64ville

64ville
    from So Cal

Dude, that is one hell of a come-up. Gravemarker definetly has to stay with the car.

29. mad-cad

mad-cad

All I can say is.... you lucky bar-steward!!

30. Holly shit, what a deal!!