Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2010 Jalopy Showdown Thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 16, 2010.

1. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

once again, my friend, i say it with all sincerity, as long as i'm breathin', i'm there, thanks for the opportunity to work with the best group of volunteers ever assembled!!! to quote you, from last year, it's all about the people!!!

2. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

THANX LARRY & crew....great time!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YP32zUDJ9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YP32zUDJ9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. AssGasket

AssGasket

Larry and crew: Thanks for another great show...!!!

Hopefully you won't have to punch any cars next year (pics?)... hahaha...

4. sumo

sumo

To Larry and Kim, Always a pleasure helping out all I can. Great to see everyone and glad all had a good time. Another awesome show, maybe one year I'll get off the mic' and on the track

5. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong
    from Enola, Pa

Larry- Killer event!

I managed to leave my tools in the care of some good people and escape the metalfab pavillion once or twice to ogle the cars, watch the mudbath 2/40 (2 laps, 40mph) and marvel at your crew.
    I predict that eventually you will have to make it an invitational, because it's the best show on earth. No trailer queens, Just people who love to build 'em and drive 'em. I think this event will quickly become HUUGE, which will attract all sorts of whack-ass weirdos.
    I saw almost no cars I didn't like- and the ones that I didn't, - Eh.. So what? It's not that kind of show. They were probably appreciated by others, or at the very least- The people that owned them.

6. burnout2614

burnout2614

VERY COOL SHOW! I will be back. Great staff, good music, and I would have bought more parts but didn't have room to pack em! Hoping the rain doesnt wash the mud off on my way home so I can try to explain what happened. Anyone who hasn't been to the showdown MUST attend! peace

7. lulabelle

lulabelle

amen!!

8. Gorehound

Gorehound
    from Delaware

Thanks Larry and crew! Another great year..and this year i have alot of track to clean out of my car...hahahahaha!

9. i cant wait untill next year,i am camping out all week end and NOT bringing any passangers!!

10. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Ted/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Thanks Larry to you and all your help you guys did a great job, this might be your best show yet, Congratulation.
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>

11. duffy.

duffy.

Thanks man! My friends & i had a great time as always

12. Larry, great show and as other shows are going slowly away yours is growing stronger every year. I'm getting up to 70 soon and was worried that the younger generation of hot rodders was dying out. But your show is giving them the outlet to show the rods they wanna build and i for one like the way their going . Again Larry thanks for what your doing for keeping this great hobby of Hot Rodding alive !

13. Chevychopper

Chevychopper
    from Smyrna, DE

Larry, you and your crew need to be commended on throwing yet another terrific show. What was especially great is that my 9 year old daughter and I met a bunch of terrific people, especially the guys from "Aces and Eights". This was our third showdown and hopefully not our last! Great Job!

14. Choptop

Choptop

Good Work Larry and all the people who make it possible.

15. 50 weight

50 weight

Thanks Larry and everyone! We all had a great time, look forward to it all year, I can't imagine how much hard work it takes to put the show on, and it goes to a good cause. Some of the other big name car shows should take some notes, it's not all about the money.

16. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

It just keeps getting BIGGER & BETTER, great cars & good people.......Thanks Larry

17. Our forth year in a row. The best Show I have ever been too. Seems to double in size every year. I truly appreciate and admire your dedication to the show and the museum. It's people like you, your wife, helpers and staff that make the difference in the hobby that we all enjoy.

Thank you for your time and devotion.

The Valley Speed Guys!

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  18. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

Im glad im able to be a part of the team and help out. I feel honored that you felt i was "responsible" to have people under me to help me with parking other wise i think i would have been in big trouble. Thanks again for doing all the leg work for a great show.

19. Larry,

Thanks to you & your crew for all the hard work.:D

Another rockin weekend!

I agree 100% on your rant (I think they were camping near us):cool:

Ellwood

20. pinupwithgun

pinupwithgun

AWESOME as allways! We were more than happy to give the photographers a heads up that the cars were comin round the bend. Great people. This is truly what its all about. Its the best damn example of an old school hot rod event. Thanks to everyone that helps put this on!

21. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Hey Larry, This was the first time I attended the "Jalopy Showdown" and I would like to thank you and your staff for the time and effort to produce this event. I am sure that a good time was had by all including Paxton mud bogging my coupe. Even after $23.00 in quarters at the Dillsburg car wash... I missed a spot. Hats off to a neat event. DS

Attached Files:

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Oh darn! I didn't realize you were there. I would have liked to have met you and shown you the one Ford product (the glass back window and chrome surround on my convertible top) that I bought from you and installed on Big Olds. By the way, I LOVE it. Suits the look I wanted from the back. Next year I'd like to shake your hand and say thanks.

23. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Thanks for a great weekend and all the hard work that went into the show. I'm happy that the weather was also very nice.

24. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Great show Larry! I we had a blast, I'm already looking forward to next years show.

25. Pinewood

Pinewood

What a great show and fun time. Matt ^ and I made the 18 hour drive both ways but it was worth every minute of it! It's always fun to meet allot of you other HAMBer's when you stopped by the Gear Drive booth or I met you by your cars.

26. BigChief

BigChief

Larry,

Once again, thank you for all the hard work you and your crew put into this show. As always, we had a great time and appreciate all that goes into an event like this.

27. thathotrodkid

thathotrodkid

be there for every year too come always have fun and a huge score on the y block parts for me see yall at the drags

28. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Larry once again you and your show crew out did yourself again . That was the best show ever and is growing very fast . Yes the cars are getting much better and the junk rods are staying out ! :D
    Now as for the assholes that can't hold their booze , you have my VOTE to tell them to leave or to call the police and have them removed and be banned from any show again ! There is NO reason to act like that at a show of this caliber or really any show ! Really don't need the "publicity" from drunken assholes and their stupid bullshit ! :mad: That will just draw more police to hassle use all when they want to and loose our show spot .

See you again next year and thanks again for you and the entire show crew for putting on another great show ! :cool:

Retro Jim

29. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

want thank ya'll for putting on another year of awsome showdown fun. the weather was awsome all weekend except when i got stuck in a turrential downpour with quarter size hail wacking my truck friday on the way there. had a great time campin out with the rest of my club. got in the gates real early, and still didn't get to see everything. kudos on the type of cars that show up there. also love the fact that alot of kats DRIVE their cars from all over to come to this great show. even after the show, campin friday and saturday night was great, hangin with some friends i don't see all the time and just havin a relaxing night away from reality. kudos on the show to everyone who was involved. see ya'll next year for sure

30. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Glad that everyone had as much fun as Erin & I did. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for running off the road and winding up in Shock Trauma two years ago instead of making it to the Showdown. If my dumb ass had stayed on the road, I could say that I had attended EVERY Showdown!
    We are honored to be allowed to help in a small way to be a part of this event. I'm going to start working NOW to be more involved in helping with next year's event........
    A special thanks to so many people for their understanding and cooporation as parking space started running out. I was amazed at how laid back and cool people were. It all of YOU that make this event. Without you, there'd just be a bunch of US standing around waving at each other.........Drive Carefully & hope to see you next year.