Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Michigan Thank You!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, May 15, 2010.

1. Choptop

Choptop

Thanks to all that showed up and enjoyed the beautiful weather and great setting for some of the best hot rods and customs in the state.

The Volcanoes and Mustard Plug ROCKED!!!

Thanks to Shaggy and the Kruzin Nutz who busted arse all day long today (and for many days before the show) to make sure that everyone had a god time and everything ran smooth.

We had a ball and it was a great show.

all of the award winners were deserving and the Best of Show winner was an AMAZING car.

Dave Jenkins brought his 1957 Chevy. It is the quintessential Detroit area custom. Dave bought it new and it has never left his ownership. It has been a custom since day 1. He entered in its first show in 1958. The Alexander Bros. added their hallmark twin frenched antennas, lake pipes and a ton of other subtle custom touches. It wears Jimmy Jones skirts as it has since new. The engine compartment is completely chromed. The interior is stunningly simple and well executed, to top it all off, Dave enjoys driving this treasure as much today as the day he drove it off the showroom floor. Its period correct in every way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Had a great time, great show, great people. Nice place to have it too.

Thank You!

3. Choptop

Choptop

some other pics I had a chance to take

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2010

5. twochops

twochops

Choptop--- Thanks for awarding my chopped 57 Buick Best Custom.
    TwoChops

6. It was a fun show and I really liked the new location.

7. Choptop

Choptop

A well deserved award, a well done car. Doing it yourself (with some help from the wife ;)) and driving it hard. Thats what is all about.

I didnt get a picture of your car at the show, but I'm sure some of the photogs there did.

8. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

we all Had a great time at the show, thanks.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  9. LAWMAN1932

LAWMAN1932
    from deuceville

We had a great time...Great new location

10. our turn soon and looking forward to it wash state here we come

11. Choptop,

Thank you for a great show and a great new venue. It was nice to chat with you for a minute today.

I couldn't think of a better place to pop my 54's cherry. What a great first show for the car. Glad I got it together enought to bring it down. Nice pic of it above!

Thanks again,

12. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I REALLY like the new venue! Our bunch had a ball as always!

Thx to all of the volunteers for the great work. Did I actually see Shaggy smilin' when you gave him that award, or was that just the sun in my eyes??? ... :cool:

13. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Had a great time, thanks for all the work and thanks to the volunteers. I knew the spot would be a great place for the show, and it was. Looking forward to going to another show in a few weeks and REALLY looking forward to next year!

14. Yes, definitely a well deserved award. My favorite at the show as well. Thanks Alan & crew for all the hard work to put on a great show.

[​IMG]

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

WOW!!! That Buick really does look good, and if the owner is responsible for the look......................congratulations.

Frank

16. I will add my thanks here to Alan and Melissa and Shaggy and ALL who went the extra mile to make it a great show.And before I forget it AGAIN,THANK YOU Alan for the donation to the Autorama Charity Auction this year.

Came in early morning to set up my tents for the pinstripers and the gentleman set up next to me came over and offered to help me with the EZ-UPs.Thank you Chuck Miller;a great and friendly guy and one hell of a craftsman!I am enjoying your book very much.

Didn't get much of a chance to walk around and see the show but a lot of old friends stopped by to say hello.Got to say hello to Dave Jenkins at the awards ceremony(another great guy).And Frank:that 57 Buick was INCREDIBLE!!!!

Anyway I'm off to read the Sunday paper and relax a bit.Thanks to all again and especially my customers.See you all next time.

17. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Just in case you didnt see my thread on your show, I just wanted to thank you for a great show and hospitality. You did it right and all the best for future shows. Larry:)

18. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

The Stude bus is Awesome..... Any different shots of the Crossley Dragster?

19. rogg49

rogg49
    from michigan

i had an awsome time it was a great spot too

20. rogg49

rogg49
    from michigan

that 36 ford is on ebay i just seen it

21. Choptop

Choptop