Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

I never posted the pic. I swear sometimes I am a moron...here is the Rodsters logo. I will snap a pic of the plaque tonight and post it.

Attached Files:

2. MrModelT

MrModelT

Here is one my T roadster proudly wears.....was my Grandfather's and dates to '51 or '52

The Pacers of Portland, Or.

Attached Files:

3. Poor Boys Detroit

Attached Files:

4. Sock Fuckers - Atlanta, Milwaukee, Toronto

[​IMG]

5. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Cheers Bitch!!

6. realkustom51

realkustom51

This one showed up on ebay last week. Its from a small town of Shelby NC located next to my town. I missed it.

Attached Files:

7. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i saw it and said "hey, its missi.....ahhh veeeery clever!!!!"

and OP i feel cheated, ive never seen any of those clubs that claim my hometown ;)

8. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i love the site, real good reads. i did find something that struck me like a punch to the gut, though

[​IMG]

i have to respectfully disagree with you labeling us as "rat rodders". we are purveyors of the past, the keepers of history and automotive tradition. our dress differs but the cars are something we can almost always agree on. to be called a rat rodder is a slap in the face, as should be evident on a site like the HAMB.

it would please me and others greatly to see that paragraph changed

9. FORD3W

FORD3W
    from australia

Club Plaque from OZ

Attached Files:

10. sideshowrob

sideshowrob
    from australia

11. Well I can make you a new, new old stock one from this original pattern.

Attached Files:

12. 29SX276

29SX276

Moose Jaw,Saskatchewan.

Attached Files:

13. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

Heres ours. Original club from the late 50's early 60's back on the streets.

Attached Files:

14. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

15. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful by using the RR label, but those are the only words I've heard used to describe the types of cars and trucks that are driven by the "keepers of history and automotive tradition". If you think I should be more PC, I welcome your suggestions on how to reword that paragraph.

And is Rat Rod really a derogatory term? Is anyone else on the HAMB offended by those two little words?

16. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

And is Rat Rod really a derogatory term? Is anyone else on the HAMB offended by those two little words?[/QUOTE]

In a nut shell, "yes". A lot of people will get worked up over this, citing the difference between a "rat rod" and a "traditional rod" which are two similar but different styles. Just as an example, when we decided to bring the Flamingos back, we felt like this was a better idea than if we made up a new name and plaque. This is because we put an emphasis on being period correct or "first wave". Rat rods are a "second wave" phenomenon and are generally built by people that dont understand or care about period correctness, a lot of them were the ones building other trendy things a few years ago like mini trucks etc. but have moved to rat rods because it's the "in" thing to do. Traditional rods and customs will never be the "in" thing or be trendy because they are timeless. Unfortunately though lots of traditional rod and custom builders these days get labeled rat rodders because of this trend. We'll still be build traditional cars long after the rat rod guys have moved on to the next flavor of the week easter egg skulls and iron cross trend. Thats the difference.:cool:

17. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Well put!

I guess I may be out of tune with terminology and will see what I can do to correct my text. I actually enjoy looking at the "unfinished looking" cars more than the plastic 32 roadsters that all look the same, except for the paint and amount of billet on them. Is there such a thing as a Rat Rod, or am I mistaken about that too?

18. Yes there is such a thing as a rat rod but please do not get them confused with traditional rods and Kustoms.The hamb is not the place to be researching rat rods as we take pride in our builds where as rat rods seem to be a contest about how much crap they can screw on to their s10 framed low budget abortions.If you are looking for rat rods got to www.killbillet.com they are a rat rod site and you can see the difference there.
    Flamingos C.C.

19. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

ive written ont his topic for ages, dont feel like even thinking about it again. go to killbillet.com, poke around and compare to the HAMB. hopefully you come back from the dark side!!

heres 1 example from over there...just as a warning

[​IMG]

20. That is one of the better examples!!!

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

The Johnney and Johnney show.....

Attached Files:

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

One from my hometown..... I really doubt there is any of these around.....

Attached Files:

23. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Heres our club plaque..
    [​IMG]

Here is one from a club back in the late 50's here in Oxnard..
    [​IMG]

24. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Hey you stupid fucks argue about RAT RODS in some other posts. This is a pretty cool thread.

DOUCHBAGS

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

no one is arguing. brush up on the reading comprehension skills there buddy :D

26. Well if you need any more of those Flamingos or Ottawa plaques, I have the original patterns to make them from....

Dennis

Attached Files:

27. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Super Kool Dennis..I was wondering about what year the Ottawa Modified CC plague was......

29. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I think I may have made a boo-boo when I edited this one. I thought it was taken at a bad angle but after looking at the pattern that Dennis O'Brien has, I'll have to correct this photo .....

[​IMG]